It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global supermarkets selling shrimp peeled by slaves

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I don't get it. Are we supposed to not be okay with slave labor, yet willingly pay higher prices for most of the stuff we enjoy? Who is going to do that? Who can afford to do that?

We can have bleeding hearts about this stuff all we want, but seriously you're just ruining the party not really doing anything about it. I'm supposed to feel bad about this, and not buy shrimp, but what about all the other things I'm still not aware of that are a product of slave labor? If I was aware of all these things, what would be left to buy at a price I could afford and maintain my standard of living? If my standard of living is compromised as a result of bleeding heart syndrome, how many am I?

Based on what I see, all talk, bleeding heartish, not much action. That's not productive, and it's not really doing much of anything except acting as if you're some how superior for pointing out that humanities poo stinks. We know that! We keep on pooing anyways.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ringdingdong

Ummm...I don't get it either...Your like the fourth person in this thread that thinks I have some psychic power to make others feel things...

Do you see how asinine that is...?

WOW...

Not only that I've ruined your party...well party on dude...go back to before you stopped by and decided to thrash me for you feeling your own feelings...

Another nerve touched..I'm really on a roll here...I should move to Vegas with my prestidigitation...after I visit Thailand and get the crusade rolling of course...

I read an article that came out yesterday and bring it here to ATS and now there's not enough action on my part because you and a number of others have suddenly realized that their hands aren't so squeaky clean when it comes to modern slavery...

Well...now you know how I felt yesterday after reading the article and thinking back on the shrimp I had for dinner last week...Kinda sucks huh...?

I didn't post the article here so that you could expiate your guilt by electing me king of the movement...I just thought it might cause those reading to consider for a moment...
Boy was I right on that one...

What action is it anyway that you expect of me...I already included some thoughts on how...Why don't you step up and add some thoughts along that line...instead of whining to me that I'm not putting enough effort forward as you castigate me from behind your computer screen...as you make no effort...
Cause we all know that "maintaining your standard of living"...takes precedent over solving modern human trafficking and slavery...

Do you get it now...?

YouSir

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: ringdingdong

Ummm...I don't get it either...Your like the fourth person in this thread that thinks I have some psychic power to make others feel things...

Do you see how asinine that is...?

I do. It's a good thing that's a lie.

Not only that I've ruined your party...well party on dude...go back to before you stopped by and decided to thrash me for you feeling your own feelings...

Oh come now, chill out. Read between the lines a bit.

I read an article that came out yesterday and bring it here to ATS and now there's not enough action on my part because you and a number of others have suddenly realized that their hands aren't so squeaky clean when it comes to modern slavery...

Uh, did you even read my post? We all have blood on our hands. That's the point. You must have missed that. I've been well aware of this for many years. Are you now just becoming aware of this? Is that the issue?

Well...now you know how I felt yesterday after reading the article and thinking back on the shrimp I had for dinner last week...Kinda sucks huh...?

No, it doesn't. I am fully aware that civilization is built on the backs of lower classes, stratification of people is a necessity. It's actually pretty awesome being so far up the totem poll. Kinda cool, eh?

What action is it anyway that you expect of me...I already included some thoughts on how...Why don't you step up and add some thoughts along that line...instead of whining to me that I'm not putting enough effort forward as you castigate me from behind your computer screen...as you make no effort...
Cause we all know that "maintaining your standard of living"...takes precedent over solving modern human trafficking and slavery...

Dude, you're lost!

Allow me to clue you in. I'm not taking anything out on you. You're choosing to take my words so personally. We play our parts already, choosing who to promote and demote in the various happenings in our lives. We choose where our monies go, where our allegiances are held, where we would like to socialize and with whom... everything is already as it will be. This, slavery happening is a perspective shared by the privileged first class, we have no knowledge what lives they lived before they were given the opportunity that we would hate to have. We seem to do enough harm imposing our culture and way of living on other areas of the world that are doing okay, heck that's what this story is about in a sense, right? Now what are we supposed to unphuck an area and reclusterphuck it in unexpected ways a few months down the line? That's what the middle east is about, right? Power vacuum.

I'm just sayin', people can be as they like, choose to eat what they like, support or fake support whatever they like... I'm gonna keep on.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I buy whole shrimp in the shell. I do all the peeling and de-veining because in a weird way, it's fun for me. I live in the moment when doing such things.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
A reply to RingDingDong:

Ummm...Now I get where your coming from...

No, it doesn't. I am fully aware that civilization is built on the backs of lower classes, stratification of people is a necessity. It's actually pretty awesome being so far up the totem poll. Kinda cool, eh?
This, slavery happening is a perspective shared by the privileged first class
I'm gonna keep on.

Glad I don't live there...

YouSir
edit on 16-12-2015 by YouSir because: I'm..."living the dream"...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

Ummm...thank you for expressing that Kratos...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: namelesssHow could I ever hope to be that same person that existed before I learned such a thing...

How could any of us...?

It is not that we are a different person, but a 'larger', more 'whole' version.
You are right, knowledge 'changes' us.
Ignorance truly is bliss.
Now, when I see "natural ingredients" on a product, I no longer feel good about it, now I know what they are!
Such knowledge of Reality often keeps us from walking around like a human smiley face!
So, we eat with prayer and gratitude, a bit somber and reflective, and not to gorge on the shrimp! *__-

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
February 24, 2016

Today, President Obama signed a bill that outlaws the importation of many foods and goods that are/were produced by slaves in various countries.

Full Story: www.msn.com...

I know people who say that their job is slavery. I wonder how little you have to make, or how hard do you have to work, before you can officially be classified as performing slave labor?

-cwm

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
February 24, 2016

Today, President Obama signed a bill that outlaws the importation of many foods and goods that are/were produced by slaves in various countries.

Full Story: www.msn.com...

I know people who say that their job is slavery. I wonder how little you have to make, or how hard do you have to work, before you can officially be classified as performing slave labor?

-cwm

When the story this law was based on came out, there were many here and in Congress who spoke of it as a great thing, and that it was capitalism that was providing these people with jobs.

I notice Obama did nothing to be the sale of products produced by prison labor, which is also slavery.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join