It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does attraction = interest in paranormal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Is it possible to attract paranormal events or entities,simply by showing interest in the subject?.

It seems to me the more i read and discuss paranormal events, the more i am aware that there seems to be more activity around me. I have read a great deal on the subject. And i have always wondered if this could cause anyone to be targeted by these astral forces.

Is it possible people who have never shown an interest in these subjects would be as likely to see or feel these things as people like us, or does this knowledge matter.One person in particular warned me that by having books on this subject i was unwittingly attracting these same things to myself.(sounds silly or is it?)

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
well, more fun speculation. i hope you werent expecting a Y or N answer.

i always passed off the paranormal as 'stories' -until i had my first encounter. it was then that i developed an interest for it. i think i can say it is likely that i have attracted more activity since i began reading, but nothing stunning. ive never summoned anything or 'asked' for more activity. the puzzle is, what qualifies as paranormal activity?? sure, ghosts and ouiji boards...

... what about a funny vibe, or hair standing up?

i think i may have got somethings attention on occasion, but i think full on paranormal activity needs to be invited. all of my experience with the paranormal could just be in my . too, because it has always presented itself to my fluctuating 'sixth sense'

i can go flip through the necrominicon at barnes and nobles and get all creeped out by it right there in the store. i would never bring it into my home. it makes sense for the intellegence behind paranormal activity to want to surround itself with familiar things - even including interested persons?.....

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Hey Parker, good question...one that we all ask ourselves on the road to knowledge.
I don't want to sound trite, but let me analogize:
Have you ever noticed how, when you aquire something, be it a new car or a new book, that, "all of a sudden", you see your same make of car....EVERYWHERE??...or notice people reading the same book?
Well, the same, very Human trait can be said to occur when you set out to learn something specific....like the truthfulness or non-existence of a paranormal "reality". I think I can assure you, without sounding especially egoistic; there will come a point in your journey when you'll be lying there in bed, contemplating the day's activities and other minutia of our day-to-day activities, and then, as if sticking your finger in an electrical socket, you'll have what is called an epiphany (look it up
, and suddenly, you'll see things...the UNIVERSE, with crystal clarity...you'll see how you fit into this World, you'll instantly see the past....(now, if you will)...where you kind of stumbled forward, without real direction, but with a motivation to learn, and you'll see each and every mistake you've made, every assumption that led to an incorrect or illogical conclusion, the time you made a fool of yourself at that party, talking endlessly about a subject you -thought- you were proficient in....ooops, 'scuse...ACDC's FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK is starting...be right back....

Whew! I shouldn't ".bang" so vigorously at age 53 but man, when you gotta rock, you gotta ROCK!!!
I'm still a little dizzy but I'll carry on nonetheless....

anyway, EVERYTHING will make sense....and you'll realize that something seemingly significant, like noticing a direct, positive relationship between intent to educate yourself better in all things paranormal, and an increase in seemingly paranormal experiences, isn't really as important as you thought.
You might even chuckle to yourself as you mentally relive, instantly, 10 or 15yrs of knowledge-building and GROK the wonder and beauty of personal advancement.
So, don't sweat the small stuff, Parker...yes, as you open yourself to knowledge, you simultaneously open yourself up to noticing events that appear paranormal...but, they were always there, don't you see....and there is every reason to procede with a positive attitude and a lusting for knowledge because we will, after all, continue to Learn right up to the moment of our departure from this mortal plane...and beyond, imo.
Tell your friend that you can do without his pessimism and instead, he should realize that we fear what we do not know...it is through knowledge and confidence in One's ability that one can best deal with any potential, paranormal event...not walk around wearing the comfy mask of ignorance, intent on turning away from a unique experience, rather than facing it .on, knowing that, for better or worse, in the short term, in the long term, you will have LEARNED something and will be better prepared for the NEXT one.
Enough already....I think that pretty much sums up my initial reaction to your query.
hth a little, if by no other means than provoking thoughts you may not have considered, otherwise.
aaahhh, perfect.....ending just as Stain is coming on...gotta put on the .phones now, my friend

and don't forget....Rust NEVER sleeps!!!
bubbabak

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies guy's.
I thought for a moment.. i had offended the ATS NWO shut in gods, Nice to hear there are people out there who have given this subject some thought and i appreciate your analogy of these things having to be invited in, and agree there has to be some correlation between behavior and attraction as well.
Bubbabak no need to look up "epiphany" i'm pretty sure she used to be the lead guitar player for Prince...Kidding aside the points you make a very sound as well i hope one day i will see these things in crystal clairity, and thats part of the reason i come to ATS to talk with like minded people and get this kind of feedback.

P.S i miss Bon Scott he will always be the voice of ACDC to me "Riff Raff"

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by parker
Is it possible to attract paranormal events or entities,simply by showing interest in the subject?.

I don't think so, as into the paranormal, as I am, I have never had anything paranormal ever happen(outside of a strange daja vu experience that I may post about in another thread). I believe a paranormal experience is something, that's going to happen, when you least expect it.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
i was thinking about this some more the other day, and was impressed by how parrallel this idea is to schizophrenia. im hardly an expert, but i understand schizophrenia to be a chemical imbalance in the brain. ive even heard it said that schizophrenia can be developed via the use of certain drugs -even marajuana! although i couldnt know for sure, i bet the 'paranoia' factor of such drugs is a major contributing factor.

-im not calling anyone a schizo, but maybe when someone becomes so fixated on a particular subject or 'line of thinking' -that out of ordinary things, paranormal or not, are looked upon with extreme suspicion and otherworldly explanations run amuck (and unfortunatley contaminating what little data is genuine).

in other words - maybe what i percieve as paranormal activity in responce to my intense curiosity - is in actuality a trick i have played on myself. follow?

it is understandably difficult to give the paranormal a fair and conclusive evaluation - because usually all the evidence is retired to memory -and we all know our memories can be altered by influence and time... oh well.

[edit on 7-1-2005 by lost]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It depends on you and your connections within, your aura, and where you are in your spirituality....if these things are strong, those on teh other side take notice of you.....it all depends....a lot of variables

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Interesting question man...

My answer is this.. I got into serious ghost hunting around where I am living... Anyway I got something on my digital camera and the interesting thing about it is this...

5 hrs later around 8am my house burnt to the ground.

1 month exactly to 9.11

[edit on 7-1-2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

My answer is this.. I got into serious ghost hunting around where I am living... Anyway I got something on my digital camera and the interesting thing about it is this...

5 hrs later around 8am my house burnt to the ground.

1 month exactly to 9.11

I don't see any connection, honestly, I don't

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

bla bla

I don't see any connection, honestly, I don't

when your house burns down for no appearent reason.. and the fire departments fights over you where the fire started.. and people who were outside seeing this fire before you got out saying it consumed the whole front room where you came out.. it make its way more interesting..

I remember everything from that day exept that front room where they say it looked to be consumed by fire..

the firedepartment swears it started there.. i say it started in the bedroom... which i was proven right a few yrs later by someone..

Anyway it may not have anything to do with anything.. but it was interesting I got into ghost hunting, found something and all of a suddent my house burns up...

that whole day was just odd..

Maybe one day I will share with you that day but for now.. you will just have to take my word for it..

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
lady V,
i am interested in your take on it all....
some answers if you would?

-what do you mean by 'connections within'?
-some ancestral heritage with the paranormal??
-guardian angels??
-gods private cell phone #? -kidding

-where on the spectrum of spirituality must one be in order to be 'noticed' by "them"..?

-is being 'noticed' a good thing or a bad thing?

-do you think everybody enters this life with a 'default' spirituality from which they can then make their own spiritual journey.....

-or-

....like in starwars, is the 'force' just unexplicably stronger with some individuals (just as some people are naturally athletic, others artistic etc..) ?

-dependent on ones own 'spirituality' -can we too notice those on the 'other-side'?

lastly, without condoning any specific denomination, how does one strengthen their spirituality, aura and 'connections within'?

iv'e entertained similar ideas, just thought you may have some insight..
thanks.. -lost

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It seems to me the more i read and discuss paranormal events, the more i am aware that there seems to be more activity around me. I have read a great deal on the subject. And i have always wondered if this could cause anyone to be targeted by these astral forces.

Is it possible people who have never shown an interest in these subjects would be as likely to see or feel these things as people like us, or does this knowledge matter.One person in particular warned me that by having books on this subject i was unwittingly attracting these same things to myself.(sounds silly or is it?)

Paranormal events and entities could be in your mind, or those people near you. Doesn't just come and get you!!

There are NO astral forces targeting you. You think that only because you think that you are more than the other few billion people interested in paranormal things or psychology. In fact, you are the same kind like everyone else, you are not special.

Knowledge does matter, if you know more, or you actually believe in things, they can make you wise, or mad. Most people just start reading stuff for whatever reason, and they will crumble under the information-mass, because they have no idea of how to handle all that. These people become believers, and the lack of systhematic knowledge will result in paranoia, and they keep bumping into their ignorance.

Better keep away from those informations, that your life is not related to.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Vertu: i cant make much sense of your English phrasing or your explaination.

I should have explained that i am not a neophyte on the subject of the paranormal. I have been remote viewing for the last 10 or 15 years and have had excellent sucsess in this area.So i think this qualifies me as a little more special than others in this area, which adresses Vertus statement.
But what i wonder is.. as Lady V had mentioned earlier.Has something taken notice of me and put a reverse trace back to my origin. It only stands to reason that if im popping in and out of their realm, that they would take notice of me and might follow me back. So this is also one other area that i am concerned about.

Sorry to hear about your house Thick.ed, hope the new place you are in is better.

[edit on 8-1-2005 by parker]

new topics

top topics

join