It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bilal Official Teaser Trailer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

A thousand years ago, one boy with a dream of becoming a great warrior is abducted with his sister and taken to a land far away from home. Thrown into a world where greed and injustice rule all, Bilal finds the courage to raise his voice and make a change. Inspired by true events, this is a story of a real hero who earned his remembrance in time and history.

I was just hipped to this trailer , production value looks good, story line promising,and I am guessing this is the Bilal is of the Prophet Muhammad fame, but If so then audiences especially in America ain't gonna have no time for that, it may even be seen by some as proselytizing especially coming from the FOX crowd, bad timing if this is so.
Screening was held at the Dubai film festival.
What's your take ATS too soon?? not soon enough or not an issue.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Interesting.

I'm curious to see how much they tell of his story. I'm equally curious to see if this company will do more stories based on Islamic traditions.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Interesting.

I'm curious to see how much they tell of his story. I'm equally curious to see if this company will do more stories based on Islamic traditions.

From what I read after posting this, they avoid the issue of religion so I don't know how they fleshed it out, but they shouldn't depend on a western audience, maybe it will go straight to Netflix, but yeah there are alot of colorful characters to work with, I especially liked the pre Islamic hero Antar and many others identified by Abu' Uthman Amr Ibn Bahr Al-Jahiz.

edit on 15-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Interesting.

From what I read after posting this, they avoid the issue of religion so I don't know how they fleshed it out, but they shouldn't depend on a western audience, maybe it will go straight to Netflix, but yeah there are alot of colorful characters to work with, I especially liked the pre Islamic hero Antar and many others identified by Abu' Uthman Amr Ibn Bahr Al-Jahiz.

I actually wish more movies were made like this. Even if they take out the religious or political elements, the basic stories can be incredible. Way better than the rehashed superhero stories and predictable action, rom-com, suspense, and horror movies.

top topics

join