It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop judging others and learn acceptance so the human species can grow

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
There is no need, law or requirement to accept anyone, their life choices, etc...when you find them personally unacceptable. And considering the state of social behavior, that is a good thing in my opinion. There are people around my neighborhood that grow and smoke pot. I have and do on occasion smoke. I consider these parents illegally growing pot in their upstairs rooms unacceptable...even though I smoke on occasion. I think they are taking it too far, I think they are risking their livelihood and that of their children and I don't associate with them nor do my children. We don't accept their way of life. But guess what. Many do. I would say about 40% of people I know would say it's their business and I would agree if it didn't threaten the future of their children or the lives or livelihood of anyone visiting them.

That is nothing but a real life example from my life. There are others that consider hard drugs acceptable, drinking and driving acceptable (at least sometimes), burning the American flag, rioting, etc. We have people with different moral values...mine is no better than others, just different. And we will never accept everyone regardless what their actions. If it ever got to that point...we have a giant problem of having no morals, values or respect.

Just my opinion.
edit on 12/15/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

So when a group like Black Lives Matter pushes a blatant lie like "hands up don't shoot" I am suppose to reflect on what they are feeling inside. LOL! I don't think so. I see it for what it is and life is to short to get inside that groups diseased mind.

LOL!!!
Well, if you don't, you are guilty of a knee-jerk reaction based on ignorant propaganda and self-absorbed ignorance of how other people feel.

LOL!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

Judging drug addicts as pos, yes, that's a ridiculously narrow minded and ignorant viewpoint.

there is only one way i could overlook a drug addiction, that would be due to a injury that you were prescribed medication that you became addicted to.

other than that, the first time you use, it's a choice that you made and every time after that. you chose to pick that straw up, you chose to use that needle, you chose to take those pills. you made the choice, no one else.
i use to drink quite heavily, you could say i was a alcoholic, i saw it as a being a problem drinker. i didn't drink all day long every day. i would drink 5 out of 7 nights a week and when i started i didn't want to stop, people i use to party with would start out drink 2 to my 1, by the end of the night when they were ready to go home i was drinking 3 to their 1 and didn't want to stop. many mornings i went straight from the bottle clubs to work.

i put it down haven't had a drink in 25 years. no one forced me to drink, i chose to do it the very first time, and everyone after it, it didn't matter if i was hurtin inside, or my wittle feeling got hurt, i chose to drink. i also put it down with out any help or whining in a 12 step or AA meetings. just said one day no more.

a ignorant viewpoint, is believing all the BS, and psycho babble they feed you trying to make you feel better about it and yourself.

if you can't handle it, don't do it.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

yea you do, keep on believeing you know me and the way i think and behave, you don't know squat.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Enochstask

So when a group like Black Lives Matter pushes a blatant lie like "hands up don't shoot" I am suppose to reflect on what they are feeling inside. LOL! I don't think so. I see it for what it is and life is to short to get inside that groups diseased mind.

LOL!!!
Well, if you don't, you are guilty of a knee-jerk reaction based on ignorant propaganda and self-absorbed ignorance of how other people feel.

LOL!!!

LOL! I have been accused of worse since the Kenyan Communist has taken power.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

no it's bleeding hearts like yours that keep the world dependent on others. and enable people do do the BS they do.
grab your boot straps and overcome your problems and stop ____ up other peoples lives.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Wow.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

wow nothing,
try it. don't do for the scumbags and don't excuse their behavior and watch how fast they change.

i've seen it with my own two eyes. if you give them a inch they take a mile. if you don't give in to their whining and don't excuse their behavior, they will have to change or move on, you are responsible for your own actions, not others allowing you to get away with it.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

We have our own experiences. I know all about enabling people who refuse to address their own actions.....
first hand, family member experience. I know all about giving more than is productive.....first hand, partner experience.

I know the difference between a person genuinely needing help, and one who needs (instead) to be cut loose -
I know all about enabling.

Don't sell me short.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I'm with you on this one Buzzy.

One of my more prominent mottos in life is:

"Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins."

Some people understand the wisdom of those words, some don't.

All I can do is live by those words for myself, and only myself... trying to spread that message to others is just an exercise in futility more times than not.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Thanks, Cranial.......

I appreciate it.
Still want to move to Canada

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

And I've got a 12-pack of Alexander Keith's Red Amber Ale sitting on ice for when you do.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

" Case by case basis. Some people need help and some people can't be helped."

You do realize what you are saying. if you are taking things on a case by case basis, you have to judge EVERYONE.

To help someone you have to judge that the need help
To think someone can't be helped, you have to judge them that way.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Absolutely with you on this and I try to practice this approach at all times. I do however slip up at regularly as I've been taught to do it the other way the most part of my life.

The turning point for me was having kids, it was like a switch was flicked and I suddenly realised that there's always a reason for undesirable behaviour (and not just in my kids!!!) I'm a firm believer that if we can understand and tackle the reasons then we can start to make things better.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I have a question. If you took your philosophy to Syria how long do you think you would you live before they beheaded you?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Be angry-don't stifle your anger by pretending that it never existed.

Anger, sadness and loneliness-these are perfectly human emotions. Trying to become something that you are not is like becoming a blunt pencil-it's pointless.

I'm an overtly angry and negative person and I won't suppress my anger or negativity because that's who I am and I'll be damned If I'm gonna change for anyone. Be comfortable in your own skin and if you do have a destructive personality that hurts those closest to you then by all means I understand the need for a change-But it shouldn't have to change you.
edit on 16-12-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
As for my experience, doing good has always made me feel good which in then makes me want to do it more. Ive helped others that are so surprised that they don't even know what to say, a simple thank you, or seeing their smile is what is all about. too many issues everywhere, we can slowly start addressing them all but adding more wood to that fire never helps.

sometimes all most of us need is a little help, but just now seems asking for help makes you...'less' of a person? working together and helping one another is how we will thrive, is so easy to point fingers at anyone and talk s#....but offering a hug, a smile....or just a conversation has became a thing we all now fear. what i mean is...you cant approach anyone now and be genuine to w/e your purpose is and they seem to get defensive!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Six mistakes mankind keeps making century after century: Believing that personal gain is made by crushing others; Worrying about things that cannot be changed or corrected; Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it; Refusing to set aside trivial preferences; Neglecting development and refinement of the mind; Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do.”

Marcus Tullius Cicero

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SanitySearcher

I have a question. If you took your philosophy to Syria how long do you think you would you live before they beheaded you?

That's just the problem though isn't it? Label them as 'evil', bomb them and everyone in the vicinity, create more extremists, restart cycle....

If we could actually look at how and why people turn to extremism then maybe just maybe we will start getting somewhere.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

Actually it seems to me the problem is that we (the US) keep forming alliances with violent monsters. We backed the Mujahideen (With Bin Laden) to keep Russia out of the Mid East. We helped Saddam Hussein accumulate chemical weapons of mass destruction. We backed several other monsters before going after our former ally Bin Laden; then we allied with the Afghan drug-lords to help prop up our influence there.

If we actually labeled the evil groups as evil, instead of labeling them as friends and heroes; I think we'd have a more honorable history and more peaceful future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join