It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop judging others and learn acceptance so the human species can grow

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Let me start by saying that I couldn't find a topic that I was interested in so finally I will contribute. Be part of the solution not the problem.

As many of you may know I have many character flaws and many positive aspects of my personality. It's a hogpodge. I've been very candid with the community here on ATS over the years as some of the more senior members will recall. I've even made some friends off of ATS over the years. So now allow me to be candid once again in order to kick off a discussion.

So I truly have been living this philosophy with intent and meaning over the past year.

Don't judge other people, offer them compassion and try to understand them instead of choosing weather they are right or wrong. If someone is acting out its more than likely not about what's happening but more likely about what's happening inside them. We need to have more compassion in this world and try to start reaching out to one another and connecting on a deeply emotional level.

I have put a lot of effort into living this philosophy and it's been paying off. I've been noticing that my positive perspective has been benefitting me in the workplace, at the gym, at home, and in my every day dealings.

When someone does something instead of questioning their intelligence, or passing another form of judgement I try to look past it at the cause, what may be behind this perspective this action, or whatever it may be and I try to understand it and offer compassion to these people to try and help them heal.

Ok I'll be participating in this thread so expect a response and enjoy!
edit on 12/14/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Please don't just star and flag add a comment I'm bored.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Very wise words onequestion!

I resonate very strongly with your philosophy. When I was younger and I studied a little bit of Buddhism I was struck by the notion of honoring the inner Buddha in everyone. There is no difference between you and I, simply the labels we acquired since birth.

What you are describing is a wonderful method of un-programming yourself and getting back to your innate divine birthright. It is only from this conscious mind that we can face the seemingly insurmountable problems of our world.

Great thread! S&F

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

i will continue to judge scumbags, killers, rapist, theifs, dick heads that start sh@@ just because their dick heads, and anyone of these types. just because your witttle feelings are hurtin you inside, or you live in the bad neighbor hood or what ever reason you want to use, is no reason to to mess with other people.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Great post!

Your right! We are all the same being on some level and it is almost as if we are working towards healing ourselves by healing the world!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Ouch. Glad my mind is not that negative.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

so you think that people who steal, rape, rob and kill just because they are hurtin inside or live in the wrong neighborhood, or are drug addicts or any reason other than protecting someone else, themselves or loved ones is alright , and me judging them for being POS is negative?

edit on 14-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

i will continue to judge scumbags, killers, rapist, theifs, dick heads that start sh@@ just because their dick heads, and anyone of these types. just because your witttle feelings are hurtin you inside, or you live in the bad neighbor hood or what ever reason you want to use, is no reason to to mess with other people.

And that is your path to do so houndoghowlie!

However you miss the greater meaning to the struggles of the world, from my perspective that is. I view the world in a rather simple way. That it is school for the soul.

Now in this world, you have your free will, in order for there to be a choice you have to have options. It appears in this realm our choices are between good and evil. You are wise for looking at the actions of the people you describe and making the choice not to be like that, perhaps that is a part all of our test.

However those who rape may have been raped, those who steal may not be able to provide for their families, those who kill may have aspects of their story that you can not fathom. It is not to excuse their behavior in any way shape or form, just to acknowledge that people end up as scumbags for many reasons.

Sadly we have a culture that has created the conditions for these types to thrive, which really gets to the crux of the issue, that of spiritual ignorance. Compared to our technological evolution, our spiritual evolution got left behind and people can not understand the simple laws of nature.
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmMonday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Case by case basis. Some people need help and some people can't be helped.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

It's really hard to operate outside of the cultural programming.

Think of it like an operating system for a computer and think of people as the programs on the OS.

If the OS is Windows all the software is going to be bloated and laggy, and taking up to much memory, more than it should.

But if your running Linux your going to be running a cleaner system with higher security and more autonomy. The software will be less bloated, free, and use less memory.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

other than other than protecting someone else, themselves or loved ones, there are no vailid reasons to do any of the things i mentioned except maybe stealing, then even there, there are other alternatives.

hell even in killing someone who killed one of your family members, is wrong. sure i say i'd do it and probably would . doesn't mean i'm right in doing so.

edit on 14-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
A couple of my favorite quotes...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I'm focusing on positive solutions to problems not on the problems themselves.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Great video man thanks!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

You are correct!

We had the inner judge conditioned in to us from a very young age, where this judge resides is blocking the view from the observer.

Who is it that observes the "I" involved in your thought patterns?

Pursuing this question is a wonderful technique of letting go of the illusory constructs is the path to freedom!

It is also one of the occult teaching that the controllers have robbed the masses of for so long, one can not control a divine being, hence the concerted conspiracy aimed at keeping people ignorant of their divine nature.
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmMonday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Yes! Closer to divine being and deeply alchemical!

The power to transform in love and compassion!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

In my experience people very often don't just judge, they also project their expectations. It is not only the actions they negativly react on, but sometimes a certain look, or some tiny aspects of appearance is enough and suddenly they have a fixed image about how they think others are and judge from that.
Maybe it is because of some bad experiences they had or something they heard more than because of what someone does.
Not to judge is like deconditioning, very hard and it takes a constant effort.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

You could always go buy yourself a pair of tights & a bat emblem...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
You sound just like I did a few years ago, the truth is you have to be careful embracing compassion and empathy because it'll eventually lead to something called altruism and if you trick yourself into believing in that's a noble and righteous cause, you're in for one hell of a nightmare.

No matter how far you 'ascend' in consciousness and awareness and how connected you feel to everyone else and to some 'higher truth', the reality is that you're experiencing this alone and there are and will always be far more people who instinctively and blindly use this to deceive and manipulate your kindness to either further themselves or to assert their dominance...

Kindness will always be perceived as weakness, no matter false it is you know that to be. Be aware for and of yourself and reserve your kindness for those you explicitly select and remember you can't get your arms around everybody and you can't carry the doom, don't kill yourself trying.
edit on 15-12-2015 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I really hate to judge but you seem kind of judgmental about judgemental people somehow inhibiting "human growth".
edit on 15-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join