It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek Beyond - Trailer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I can see no actor that could have been more... slippery? I remember John from Days of Our Lives in the early 80's. Hey, don't judge. I was married.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
What the hell is JJ Abrams doing to Star Trek?! That wasn't Star Trek...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Take the tile Star Trek off this and it will become so much of better movie. The trailer was not horrible and sabotage was good choice to pump you up and heck its short trailer its not the end of the world.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'll watch it! I'm a Trekkie!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Looks totally badassed, can't wait.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Are these films actually representative of Star Trek?

Some things to keep in mind:

Once you have their money, you never give it back.

The best deal is the one that makes the most profit.

Greed is eternal.

Anything worth doing is worth doing for money.

Satisfaction is not guaranteed.

Nothing is more important than your health...except for your money.

Profit is its own reward.

The flimsier the product, the higher the price.

Faith moves mountains...of inventory.

Sell the sizzle, not the steak.

Let others keep their reputation. You keep their money.

The justification for profit is profit.

Never be afraid to mislabel a product.

Rules of Acquisition 1, 2, 10, 13, 19, 23, 41, 82, 104, 153, 189, 202, and 239.

While I enjoy these films for what they are (sci-fi action) I don't feel they properly represent Trek. And it comes as no surprise either. I discovered J.J. Abrams isn't even a Star Trek fan...

I have high hopes for his Star Wars! I think it will be good because as far as I know he actually has passion for Star Wars. If the new Star Wars fails.. it will be of epic face-palm proportions. I personally think J.J. Abrams is awesome. Not flawless mind you. But I think some of his stuff is brilliant (Lost and Fringe for example).

As I said I enjoy his Trek as generic sci-fi action films. Where they fall short imo is the huge lack of things such as tough issues of morality and philosophy. I also don't feel there is any good character development. It's fast, fun, and action packed.

It's Trek, sure. But not entirely.

Love the cast though. Just as a side note.

And finally....

LONG LIVE WILLIAM SHATNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 12-15-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I respectfully disagree the last flik into the darkness was fill with moral ambiguities, such as the plant worker choosing to either let his baby girl die or take down a building killing himself and hundreds with him.
Or the walk out protest by Chief engineer Scottie against being pressured by Kirk into signing off on bringing missiles of unknown usage aboard the Enterprise.
I say give them a couple more chances.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I really enjoyed 1. I really enjoyed 2. I found this trailer for 3 disjointed & disappointing. I'm still excited for Star Trek 3. I just think the people/house that edited this trailer need a talking too.

"Is that music?"

yes Pegg, is that an incredibly dull trailer?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
What's funny, is that John (Q) in real life is one of the most soft-spoken guys you'd ever meet. He was much different in person than I would have imagined. Likewise, the guy who plays Warf is a real cut up, and a funny guy.

I DID LOL in the theater during the second Trek when Spock yelled, "KHAN!" Everyone thought I was nuts.

I did it too. You aren't alone.

Personally, I like Trek going a bit more "Guardians"...I can dig it.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Likewise, the guy who plays Warf is a real cut up, and a funny guy.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Just came back from watching it with my boys.

It is worth seeing, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
To be honest something had to be done as the Star Trek franchise was limping off the small and big screens with the last of 'Enterprise' series and the Next Gen. movies. Abrams has made into more of an 'action' series and I don't particularly have a problem with that. Sometimes I just want to sit back and watch without thinking too hard about the plot.

This latest incarnation follows that pattern and is heavily laden with special effects. Chris Pine captures the essence of Kirk well, and the supporting cast are at least adequate. Perhaps Simon Pegg's portrayal of Scotty is the weakest. But not enough to spoil anything major.

I enjoyed 'Star Trek Beyond' for the total rollercoaster ride for a couple of hours. It's certainly good fun. But I noticed certain action sequences reminding me (heavily in places) of certain action sequences in the Star Wars movies.

Perhaps some of you will find my lack of faith disturbing?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join