It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek Beyond - Trailer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

What the hell is this indeed kirk, what have you done paramount, star trek is not guardians of the galaxy

Bring Jar Jar Abrams if there is a fourth (or hire better trailer director)
edit on 14-12-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Maybe they'll throw back to the Kirk maneuver!

And the music that went with it!

I could endorse that.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Sabotage!

Looks pretty good to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I could endorse that.

Looks pretty good to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Meh.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I dug the first one. The second was a pile of crap from the script to the direction. Trek is about people, not characters. Interaction, development, structure. Action for it's sake doesn't even come close. I DID LOL in the theater during the second Trek when Spock yelled, "KHAN!" Everyone thought I was nuts.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I liked them both tbh I thought they made some excellent casting choices all of the actors do display the originals characteristics very well.
I loled lots and do the impression of Cumberbaccy whatshisface when he says Khan.

Oh and it is only star trek...it's no Star Wars

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That trailer doesnt do it for me either. The first star trek trailer gave me goosebumps when Nero would scream "Fire everything!" The second movies trailer wasnt as good but it still got me in the mood to see khan.
This trailer just reminded me of the first movie around 15 minutes in.
Hopefully more comes to light about the story and a better trailer director does some movie magic.
Riding on the coat tails of the first movie just isnt enough.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Fist bump Ding dong!.
Best video I have seen for ages

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Oh and it is only star trek...it's no Star Wars

You mean the all relevant time that SW is on screen? What? 8 hours? I'll give you nine. The last half of episode 3 was pretty good.

I'm an old fart and have gone through this with my son many times.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

All those Hours of jolly good entertainment pale in comparison to the power of the dark side of the force
Or lightsabers

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Looks halfway decent, actually. Oh, and let the Trekkie Wars begin again, the heated debates are coming (because it's a given)

Look, it's AU Trek. AU = Alternate Universe. Meaning, it's a license to go different directions with stories, characters, timeline progression/events, etc. Think of JJ Trek as the current Yin to canon Trek's Mirror Universe Yang here. As a Trekkie with NOTHING ELSE to watch until the new series comes out, I'll give each AU Trek flick a fair shake. And I liked Darkness better than the first one, once I got over the whole thing with Khan being Wonderbread & not Naan bread. Cumber-whatever played a pretty good ice-cold asshole.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

All those Hours of jolly good entertainment pale in comparison to the power of the dark side of the force
Or lightsabers

The Vulcan neck pinch isn't anything to that. I'd put Guinan against Yoda though.
The Borg vs the Empire. Data vs C3PO. I can go on.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I love the tech side of Trek but Wars has my heart.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Oh come on now the Borg are just glorified space zombies, c3po is the worse droid in star wars. Q is the best character in star trek.
edit on 14-12-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Q is the best character in star trek.

Ya gotta throw Q out. How do you deal with gods? I actually did figure that out but that's another thing. A Trekkie thing.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Ever wondered why Vincent Price was never on the original Star trek, when he was actually really famous during this time period and known to be the up most man of science fiction?

Now that's a conspiracy, lol
edit on 12 14 2015 by Phibes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I dug the first one. The second was a pile of crap from the script to the direction. Trek is about people, not characters. Interaction, development, structure. Action for it's sake doesn't even come close. I DID LOL in the theater during the second Trek when Spock yelled, "KHAN!" Everyone thought I was nuts.

Here, here!

edit on 12/14/2015 by Klassified because: bold

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Oh come on now the Borg are just glorified space zombies, c3po is the worse droid in star wars. Q is the best character in star trek.

Aw yeah he is
John de Lancie is an awesome actor as it is, but I highly doubt Q would have been Q without him portraying him.

^^ Out of all his scenes in all the series Q was in, that one always cracks me up. It's the eyebrows, man XD

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join