It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Islamic coalition against terrorism’: Saudi Arabia presents 34-state military block

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
‘Islamic coalition against terrorism’: Saudi Arabia presents 34-state military block

A Riyadh-based “Islamic military alliance” has been formed with a mission to fight terrorism, Saudi Arabian state TV has announced. The coalition consists of 34 countries, including the Gulf States, a number of African countries, Turkey, Egypt, Malaysia and Pakistan. Countries involved in the coalition aside from Saudi Arabia, include Jordan, the UAE, Pakistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Turkey, Chad, Togo, Tunisia, Djibouti, Senegal, Sudan, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Gabon, Guinea, the partially-recognized state of Palestine, the Islamic Federal Republic of the Comoros, Qatar, Cote d’Ivoire, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Maldives, Mali, Malaysia, Egypt, Morocco, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Yemen. “The countries here mentioned have decided on the formation of a military alliance led by Saudi Arabia to fight terrorism, with a joint operations centre based in Riyadh to coordinate and support military operations,” state news agency SPA quoted an official statement as saying.

So the guys funding the terrorists are now creating an alliance to fight the terrorists.

I'm wondering if their objective is to leave alone ISIS but focus on any terrorist threat that isn't part of the Islamic state plan.

What's also interesting is that Libya, now home to many ISIS is included in this coalition, yet Iran is left out of the group.

Yemen is included so I guess this coalitions first goal is to finish what they started there with the war and move onto greater things.

Turkey is a puzzling inclusion as they are supposed to be in a coalition with the West for attacks on ISIS no ?

It will be interesting what Team Arabia will be doing with their new mega army in the coming months

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Oh, that's rich. So, the propaganda out of the Wahabbi-desert Islam inspired 6th century mentality House of Saud articulates which countries have banded together to form the coalition of the willing yet remain eerily silent on exactly who the enemy is that they have all joined forces for to fight.

In describing the enemy, "Terrorists" is just a tiny little bit vague imo, considering some of those countries, in theory, have generated/supported/protected the "terrorists" they have eluded to.

However, in naming "terrorists" as their primary focus, it certainly leaves the door wide open as to who they might target.....like Israel maybe, the next time they collectively punish the Palestinians....who now happen to be a part of this Middle Eastern coalition of the willing.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hmmm, I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Wow...you know with this as an exclamation mark of the utter absurdity of today's world...I really have to question whether or not I have somehow "phased" into an unpublished Mel Brooks movie.

The world has certainly gone mad.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
What will be their first target I wonder?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Another coalition?

How many is that lately?

What about Obamas phony 65 country coalition?

This may acrually be a ruse to fight Iran and Syria.

Like somebody said let’s see it in action before we believe this statement

I hate being cynical but if they did do this it would naturally be a good thing

Saudi Arabia has a lot to live down since practically ALL of the modern terrorists were or are WAHHABIS gone astray save for the early Iranians in 1979

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

The Middle East is one complicated quagmire and there's no easy fix but it's refreshing to see an actual Arab coalition that claims it wants to fight terrorism. Saudis Arabia, ugh, where to begin with them? The birthplace of radical Islamic terrorism. I'm sure there are very wealthy Saudis funding and supporting various terror groups but perhaps there are also wealthy Saudis who are against terror. Isis has attacked Saudi Arabi mosques so are they false flags or real attacks? I've read the leaders of ISIS were former military heads of Saddams army so it would make sense they aren't in bed with Saudi Arabia.

Whatever the case, we all will be following this new coalitions progress, or lack there of.
edit on 14-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
More like 'Protect the terrorists'.

Russia were doing some damage until the U.S coalition upped their own bombing raids. A year on from bombing Daesh in Iraq, and they are nowhere near being degraded. That's the key phrase being used by most western leaders at the moment, 'destroy and degrade'.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Boko Haram and ISIS supporters in Africa, also small ISIS related factions in within their own countries. All a warm up for the ultimate goal of policing Israel and Iran. This is undoubtedly U.S. backed, politically charged. Saudi Arabia aims to control the ME, and will capitulate on surface appearance to raise humanitarian respects, regional accountability in return for political allegiances. ISIS may not be the Caliphate the world should be concerned about. Mecca is spreading under the radar and through deception. Palestine will have much support regionally and internationally concerning their oppressive neighbor, as the regional players see it, and Iran is clearly not accepted as righteous. Saudi Arabia will prevail in this effort to bring temporary peace and mild stability to the region, the U.S. has been heavy handed in this.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

And there is the Ezekiel 38 prophecy of the coalition to attack Israel. (all in the name of anti-terrorism)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Nice ICAT vs ISIS. If ISIS wins, they get a Caliphate. If ICAT wins, they get a Caliphate. Whoever wins, in the end its Saudi Arabia who wins, and its their Caliphate.

Oh Lord, if it were'nt so evil, it would be hilarious.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Iran is left out, because Iranian Islam is in direct competition to Saudi Islam. Like Catholics vs Protestants.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SergeantSmoke

And there is the Ezekiel 38 prophecy of the coalition to attack Israel. (all in the name of anti-terrorism)

Well, if there's any truth to the recent assertions that Israel is buying black-market oil from ISIS, (thereby funding their terrorist activities) it might just be a good place to start.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If we don't do something you complain.
If we do something you complain.

"The Jews and Christians will never be pleased with you unless you follow their faith. Tell them that the guidance of God is the only true guidance. If you follow their wishes after all the knowledge that has come to you, you will no longer have God as your guardian and helper." - Qur'an, 2:120

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SergeantSmoke

Ummm okay. If any of those nations wanted to join forces and attack Israel they would've done it already. Warring against Israel failed before and will fail again. None of those nations would dare attack Israel. Too much to lose and nothing to gain.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The countries here mentioned have decided on the formation of a military alliance led by Saudi Arabia to fight terrorism, with a joint operations centre based in Riyadh

(Riyadh) That is quite a interesting location i must say. One could Wonder if they actually were setting up a forward base to attack Iran. Because Riyadh is damn far away from Syria and Northern Iraq.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So I'm guessing Iran and Syria are on top of this ''Islamic Coalitions'' list?

How convenient for the USA!

This list is bloody confusing though I wonder how legit it is.

Turkey?
Palestine?
Libya?
Egypt?
Nigeria?

This seems like a significant announcement but I cant yet understand exactly what those countries have all agreed to be a part of..

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
So, does this new coalition mean the expansion of IS/ISIS/al qaeda/al shabaab/boko haram/taliban/hamas and so on?
Enough money and power to spread the word, who shall the terrorist be in this case? shiites/kurds/yazidi/christians/pagans, no Iraq and no Syria and no Iran in the list (shiites)

Edit:

How could i forget, enemy number 1, the jews, Israel.
edit on 14-12-2015 by earthling42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Isis is a huge threat to the middle east royal families. Can't have the people wanting a caliphate that doesn't leave them in charge. This is why countries like Saudi Arabia are spending huge amounts of money on their military. Saudis are already under attack by Isis along their northern border. This coalition is nothing more then putting down a rebellion before all the gains sunnis have made is lost. This is like Frankenstein they created something they no longer can control. What happened was people who are against the royal families are spending lots of money hoping to destroy their hold on power.
edit on 12/14/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

So the guys funding the terrorists are now creating an alliance to fight the terrorists.

well you know,kinda what our own governments are doing? Glad to see the ME is finally adopting some of the western "values"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join