It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melissa Harris Perry Says Star Wars Is Racist (MSNBC)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

LMAO!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'm just going to assume everything I enjoy is racist from now on. I'll just have to wait for some jackass to come out of the woodwork to explain why it's racist, but at least I won't be surprised by it anymore.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I'm just going to not care. I know what's racist. I don't need anyone else to tell me. And this is a helluva good joke... meant or not.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I'm just going to assume everything I enjoy is racist from now on. I'll just have to wait for some jackass to come out of the woodwork to explain why it's racist, but at least I won't be surprised by it anymore.

Exactly.

I have learned to ignore (or maybe laugh at) people who are constantly accusing others of racism, bigotry, etc.

Though I do love to show them for the idiots they are.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Someone show her a picture of Mace Windu.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
I think her braids are to tight.

You mean her hair hat?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

yawn - sick of these dumb ass's

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

It's not that everything is racist to MSNBC, it's that everything is racist to Melissa. She is the epitome of everything on TV that needs to be flushed down the toilet. Her show is not news, it's comedy. Whatever the topic, it's racist. Movies. Laws. Protests. Weather. Car insurance. Christmas socks. Twizzlers. It's all racist, in her eyes. Want to get a good laugh? Watch that idiot

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TramperoJuan

Tommy?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Does anybody actually listen to this woman in the first place? I'd like to make some suggestions for her to occupy her time with in a more productive & helpful manner, but feminists would have aneurysms if I did (but would that be a bad thing?...yeah,I'll go there.) People who aim to be a broken record & play the Racist/Sexist/Victim card allllll the tiiiiime like Perry does aren't that useful to society. Beyond a certain line of service, that is. At least someone walks away from that feeling satisfied.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If Vader wore a white suit and turned out to be a black guy would she even bother opening her mouth? I doubt it.
People who always talk about race are the most racist people i've ever seen, most of us normal people just go on with our daily lives never even thinking about race, then you have these nutters who do nothing but separate people into different groups every moment of their waking life.

To some people black and white are the same, we're all humans so this wouldn't matter. She's the racist one by making out that for some reason it would be bad to turn black into white.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I'm just going to not care. I know what's racist. I don't need anyone else to tell me. And this is a helluva good joke... meant or not.

I thought it was a mighty good joke too but I'll be damned it didn't merit a SINGLE star, let alone any applause. Comedy gold is the first victem of tyranny I guess. Tough crowd. Even people that agreed with me got a star or two.

The Empires hand, sense in this I do.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It takes a special kind of mental gymnastics to come up with this stuff. This lady has literally convinced herself that George Lucas created the entire Star Wars franchise just to be an underhanded jab at african americans.

I just couldn't help but pull up this video

edit on 17-12-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
How this women has not been fired yet is beyond comprehension.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Well they are REALLY gonna have a problem with this film synopsis interpretation then

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
But he was voiced by a Black guy though, and like he said now he has turned to good he is white. Its not like people didnt think that voice was white! Funny really how everyone on here was complaining about the fact that there is a black character in the latest film only yesterday. Its about association. Black bad - white good. White god good. Black devil bad.

Your lives are surrounded by it every day!!!

Love the way you all pretend you do not know what she is on about.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

What a derpa-derp! I suppose then, that Star Wars depicts Whites (Stormtroopers) as the vast majority, all mindless and soulless, controlled by the Black Man, who is like a God in comparison to them.

Cue Cornelius Evazan, nodding toward me, speaking to her: "He doesn't like you...I don't like you either!"

Honestly, the right thing for her to do would be to investigate whether you actually go to Hell if you commit suicide.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Vader is the quintessential middle class white man. Makes huge sacrifices to climb the slippery slope up the career ladder, uses all his resources to track down his bratty runaway son, offers his son a huge inheritance only to be shunned and face the agony of seeing him attempt a pathetic attention seeking suicide right in front of his eyes, still tries to reach out and build bridges, has to violently kill his boss, ruin his career and selflessly sacrifice his own life just to be acknowledged by his kids.

If that's not reality for the average modern day white dude I don't know what is.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
My White Salt has three holes to escape the shaker from..

My Black Pepper only has two..

I have racist seasoning

Not only separate shakers, but separate, UNEQUAL shakers?

Oh dear...

MHP and her "whole Darth Vader situation" is just ridiculous. If she's that offended by Star Wars, she needs to just... don't watch it, talk about it, or think about it anymore. She can go live in her little world, and let the millions of Star Wars fans enjoy their world.

Some people just aren't happy until they've dragged everyone else down to their same level of unhappiness and make them feel miserable, too.

Sorry, Missy, it ain't gonna work with me. Hubby is taking me out tonight to see Star Wars for my birthday and we're gonna enjoy every last minute of it!
edit on 12/18/2015 by Cheddarhead because: expanded on my thoughts

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join