It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melissa Harris Perry Says Star Wars Is Racist (MSNBC)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

That's because Star Wars is fiction but Star Trek is real. It's real dammit!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Please, sweet baby Jesus, let me win the Powerball so I can buy that private island I've always dreamed about. The world is truly mad.

Same, I need a big one so I can buy a mountain!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

Please, sweet baby Jesus, let me win the Powerball so I can buy that private island I've always dreamed about.

Would you contemplate a few before you purchased or is it a black and white decision?

Well done.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Come on you guys. Didn't any of you read the thread by Neo a day or so ago. About how Star Wars is a plot by the extreme left wing? Now THAT was some paranoia, but, worth a read.

Thing is is that ALL of these big budget movies are open to all kinds of pop-culture interpretations. They are all so loaded with pandering to attract as many people from as many cultures as can be to make more box office boffo. The messages are there sure enough. Most people don't see them. Conservatives see how the liberals are concocting propaganda and the liberals see how the conservatives do it.

That's the whole thing about symbolism. It's interpretive. It's one size fits all. It should all be taken lightly.

Calling someone a "Racist" or accusing someone of "Racism" should NEVER be taken lightly!

She chose a movie that was purely fictional, loved by ALL races to promote an agenda!

I call that being a paid shill or purely an ignorant attention whore!

I do agree with your statement "It should all be taken lightly"! It's a damn shame that isn't really how things work in this politically divided world.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
For that matter, how is the new hero a black stormtrooper? I thought they were all clones of a white dude?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Holy moly....

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: infolurker

I actually thought Darth Vader was a cyborg... where does she get black man from...

I heard part of the clip on the radio this morning. I think part of it is because they used James Earl Jones for his voice.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

When Lando blew up the second Death Star he didn't turn into a white guy.

Yes, but he couldn't do it alone. He had to have Wedge, the most underrated white guy ever, help him.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

"May The FARCE Be With Her."

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

MSNBC is just like FOX news. Just on the other side of the coin. It's annoying that many people know FOX for being blatently bias, but are not aware of MSNBC being nearly just as bad.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
The force of derp is strong on MSNBC. In this gem, the MSNBC host goes on about how Darth Vader is an evil black man until he turns to the good side and then the mask is removed and he is now "white".

Everything is racist to these people.

You can't make this stuff up! LOL

I've never even heard of this idiot and we have to hear her ignorant opinion? Seriously, she needs to disappear back to the hole she came from.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Chew on this little tidbit:

malaysiandigest.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
She also said calling a white guy a "hard worker" was offensive to slaves so I mean...are we really surprised?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh I know I just think it's silly to take something like Darth Vader and make a case for racism. Wasn't the guy in the suit white...? So If anything Darth Vader's an Oreo cookie..

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

"For that matter, how is the new hero a black stormtrooper? I thought they were all clones of a white dude"

Yeah but don't you see the black man is wearing the facade of a white man, thus showing he is a uncle tom. This my friends is a conspiracy by the white man to make strong black brothers look like oreos, and to degrade the self image of the black community!

Also, the sun makes your skin tan and dark. this is a conspiracy by the white man. Same thing with highways. They're long and black, subjugated by white lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While were at it. Why white people always gotta dilute coffee with white creme. Is it because the coffee is too strong and Black!!!!!!
edit on 14-12-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

These people?

Harris-Perry is habitually an idiot, comparable to the bobble heads on FOX News. She is one of the main reasons I don't watch MSNBC.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Yes, but he couldn't do it alone. He had to have Wedge, the most underrated white guy ever, help him.

He also had that little brownish copilot so that counteracts Wedge's shortcomings.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Yes, and she complained about that too. As soon as he redeems and acknowledges his son, he take off his mask and turned white!

She is such a fool, but she has done one astonishing thing: She has managed to make a good living with a Black Studies degree.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

These people?

Harris-Perry is habitually an idiot, comparable to the bobble heads on FOX News. She is one of the main reasons I don't watch MSNBC.

Yes,

These People (Idiots)

Otherwise known as ID 10 T alert.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Sorry, but I can't help it:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join