It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus's Face Drawn by Medical Artist Based on Forensic Anthropological Research Trends on News

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

IDK. I'm an American and a Christian. This rendition of what Jesus possibly looked like seems reasonable to me.

Middle Easter, semitic, pre-close shave days. Seems about right.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
You dont see people arguing over what Luke Skywalker really looked like.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

If I remember correctly Jesus had to be pointed out for the Romans to catch him. If he stood out then that probably wouldn't have been necessary.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

BTW, all topics actually should include very important clause - IF JESUS EXISTED, as so far we have zero proof Jesus ever existed. Those damn't small print would do well here...

Well over 2000 yrs after the romans crucified him in total obscurity.
And the name Jesus today represents the most controversial and well
known human being on the planet. How pathetic that the divide of
time is all that allows many people to believe the lies of others.
No shame to your game.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: SuperFrog

BTW, all topics actually should include very important clause - IF JESUS EXISTED, as so far we have zero proof Jesus ever existed. Those damn't small print would do well here...

No shame to your game.

Yeah, its hard to shame us into unquestioning acceptance. Terrible thing.
edit on 15-12-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
You dont see people arguing over what Luke Skywalker really looked like.

Wait couple centuries after the apocalypse and the fiction of Star wars get retold as ancestor legend and then as codified religion.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Murgatroid
According to a little boy who went to heaven during surgery, this is what He really looks like...

In the book, Heaven is for Real, of all the drawing renditions of Jesus, the only one that Colton agreed looked like the guy he saw in Heaven was the one painted by Akiane.

Read the book "Heaven is for Real" A little boy went to heaven during surgery. They kept showing him pictures asking if that's what Jesus looked like till it was so many they just started asking what was wrong with it. He looked at the painting where Jesus is looking strait at you and he said "Nothings wrong with that. That's the one!" Source

News flash, that kid admitted he made it all up.
www.theblaze.com... -about-meeting-jesus-and-seeing-heaven/

There are two boys and two different books. The boy from "Heaven is for Real" did not say he made it up, it was the boy Alex Malarkey in "The Boy Who Cam Back from Heaven".

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: SuperFrog

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
you are incorrect. Jesus or Christus was mentioned by several near contemporary writers who were not Christian. They did not like him very much. also the apostles should count as physical eye witnesses excluding Paul.

Please provide any proof outside of bible he ever existed.

What are those contemporary writers, what publications and when??

If you are unable to do so, will you be man/women enough to acknowledge that he most likely did not exist??

But Gandalf existed, because Bilbo says he saw him in The Lord of the Rings.

you do realize, i'm sure, that unlike Bilbo who is a fictional character; the witnesses such as the apostles as well as secular or pagan witnesses are real persons. You cannot seriously think that every witness of Christ is fictional. Thus in order to take the ridiculous tact that Christ himself never existed you would also have to support that all the additional witnesses who either knew Christ personally or knew of him indirectly were also fictional.

Article from today:
"Here are 5 reasons to suspect Jesus never existed"

"1. No first century secular evidence whatsoever exists to support the actuality of Yeshua ben Yosef.
2. The earliest New Testament writers seem ignorant of the details of Jesus’ life, which become more crystalized in later texts.
3. Even the New Testament stories don’t claim to be first-hand accounts.
4. The gospels, our only accounts of a historical Jesus, contradict each other.
5. Modern scholars who claim to have uncovered the real historical Jesus depict wildly different persons".
www.rawstory.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

No shame to your game.

Pathetic is that instead of answering my question you opted for ad hominem and play shame everyone who does not think like me card....

You see, telling that fairy tale book is fairy tale is not shameful, shameful is to believe intellectually embarrassing myths from the Bronze Age...

How dare we to question something we have evidence was multiple times tempered with...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I'm sure if most Christians saw this man walking down the street today they'd be scared he was some kind of terrorist. Jesus never was a white man like he is commonly depicted today, he was Middle Eastern and looked a lot like today's ISIS members. Funny how that got all turned around isn't it?

I doubt this is what Jesus looked like exactly but I'm sure they got the skin tone right. Tell Christians that this is most likely what Jesus resembled in today's world and you'll most likely be considered a heretic.

I don't get it...I thought for at least 30 years now almost everybody in the world with any awareness of Christianity realized that Jesus was Middle-Eastern. Are there actually still pockets of Christians in the world who didn't realize this? Or white people who care one way or another? None of the Christians, or white people who I know, including my own honkey self.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Like the image of God is different to every individual (who believes in God), shouldn't we also assume Jesus's image is as well?

Depiction (by science, a scientist, a news outlet, etc.) is one thing, and is rarely adopted by the informed/enlightened/open-minded/thoughtful.

That said, although we each have an imagination, most are intellectually lazy, and are easily deceived.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Sorry, but you're citing Hoffmann? Seriously? The man's a holocaust-denying, anti-Semitic, racist lunatic!

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I thought Jesus was the result of a virginal conception, if this is the case only half his DNA would be as described, the other half....?
edit on 17/12/2015 by angelinversus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
He looks jewey!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: texasyeti
I think you mean Jewish. As would be correct for the time and place.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Similar to Christ yet no similarity to Jesus. The other guy in the Bible lied quite a lot. Clever.
edit on 24-12-2015 by Poppe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Now I know what Christ truly looks like...........the thread author TheAmazingYeti.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The picture reappeared in a thread because of some obvious changes made. The reason explained earlier.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Talking of Jesus as the best known human on the planet is just so arrogant. Its such a western viewpoint' their are billions of people who don't give a stuff about Jesus because he's not part of their religion or culture-

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
If I remember correctly Jesus had to be pointed out for the Romans to catch him. If he stood out then that probably wouldn't have been necessary.

Again, he looked like different people at different times, so it maybe wasn't so much that he didn't stand out, it's that you wanted to make sure you got the right guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join