It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Bowe Bergdahl To Go To General Court-Martial - Lawyer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Good. Screw this deserting prick!

I did my time in that God damned sandbox why the hell couldn't he?

Wanted to be mother effing Jason Bourne? So many members of his and other units died looking for him. Died. As in, won't be coming back to their families. He revealed information to the Haqqani fighters who were targeting that post.

He's a weak POS.

Put me on the firing squad. I'll do it myself.
edit on -06:00Mon, 14 Dec 2015 15:39:42 -0600201514America/Chicago2015-12-14T15:39:42-06:0031vx12 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

I would never show this POS the respect I would show a real NCO.

That guy got automatic promotion for deserting his post. All of this depite members of his unit protesting.

I know we never leave a fallen comrade. But I would have left his ass with his new buddies.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Except for POW and MIA, it does "just keep coming." An assumption is made that the service member would complete requirements.

Marine Lance Corporal Ed Willing was attacked while leaving a listening post in Vietnam in 1968. He was listed as missing, presumed captured. By 1973 he had been promoted to Gunnery Sergeant. A full four pay grades above his rank at time of disappearance, including moving through not only NCO ranks but Staff NCO ranks.

Scott Speicher was a Lieutenant Commander when he was shot down. He was promoted to Commander and then Captain while missing, presumed captured.

It's not BS, it's tradition.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I think there was likely some dramatization added to news articles over time (crazy idea, I know). The last I saw was that he left his quarters after finishing a guard rotation. His gear was found in his quarters.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

"Promotion with peers" is what it's called. When a certain percentage of your peer group has made the rank you are automatically promoted.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Bergdahl should never have been listed as MIA as he has deserted his post as witnessed by members of his squad and company.

He is a self proclaimed soldier of Allah now.

Give him a J.J Pershing firing squad, just to send a message.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Am honestly surprised this decision was made in light of the recommendation for only a special court martial.

It'll be interesting to see how, if at all, the WH reacts to this announcement. And will be even more interesting to see the outcome of the court martial. I don't see a conviction on the charges as they stand, but perhaps a lesser offense. To me it's pretty clear that "some people" don't want the deserter to feel even a hint of trouble.

This should put another nail in the obama coffin, but I highly doubt it'll have any kind of effect of the crap decision he made to trade those terrorists for this scumbag sellout loser gob of gutter trash traitorous piece of horse shart. Lest we forget that no moves were made to free Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi from a Mexican prison during this time.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

That's it, thank you.

And completely agree. Given the practically immediate reports of him deserting, I think some higher level of due diligence should've been done in regards to how he was listed. As it stands, he got promoted for nothing more than walking off base.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
So far, no comment from the White House. Obama already pretty much treated him like a returning hero by having the Rose Garden ceremony with his parents.

Man.... What an effing retard. I remember him hailing this stupid kid as a war hero. Him and Loretta Lynch both. They should both be unfit to continue in their role if they can't make a better decision than that.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
I wonder how much of that Obama trip to the Pentagon today was actually an attempt to lean on the military not to push forward with this?

Regardless, its about time. I was afraid they were going to let this guy off the hook.

Same here, just to cover up a bad decision. It's not over yet though.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Good. Screw this deserting prick!

I did my time in that God damned sandbox why the hell couldn't he?

Wanted to be mother effing Jason Bourne? So many members of his and other units died looking for him. Died. As in, won't be coming back to their families. He revealed information to the Haqqani fighters who were targeting that post.

He's a weak POS.

Put me on the firing squad. I'll do it myself.

The interesting thing with a general court marshal it is the only court that may include death, and desertion during war can be punished by death, In this case old Bowe did a lot more to hurt us then just run away from his post that could justify that level of punishment.

edit on 14-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Not a chance he gets death, and even if he did that joint will get commuted in a heartbeat.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I know it won't happen.

When you're an American soldier you represent everything about America and Americans with your actions. Defecting(which is what he actually did), and killing his fellow unit members and members of SF and CSAR teams that were looking for him, is what he should be hung or shot for.

People died because of him. That's unforgivable.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Give him 5 years time served, reduction of rank to E1,20 years (15 with the 5 year time served), dishonorable discharge,and forfeiture of all benefits of service. Anything less world be a travesty of justice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join