It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I drop out of college AGAIN? (serious question)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 5letters

So you are asking us if you should quit when things get tough for you?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Bite the bullet and finish it out with as good of grades as you can (but don't kill yourself over it).

You sound like you're very close and have recently been improving on your studies/habits.

Keep your nose to the grindstone for now and finish it out to get that credential - it's something they can never take away from you.

Believe in yourself - if all else fails, make another thread in a few months and get another read on alternative ideas.

Don't get lost at sea!

And if something heavy pulls you down, lift yourself back up!

You've got this!
edit on 14-12-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I have to chime in with the others and say finish it. I graduated with around a 3.8 gpa, and I wasn't at the top of my class either, but my friends who got by with 2.0 and 2.5 got jobs just as quickly as I did, and make the same money. Engineering is hard, but it'll guarantee you'll find work.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
My advice to anyone these days would be to learn a trade vs. college.

Here's why. The debt just isn't worth the earning potential. If I learned to be a plumber or an electrician, I'd be making way more now than I am, and not have all that debt in student loans.

Can't get a plumber from overseas to fix your pipes. But, you can employ a manager overseas and outsource that.

Don't get me wrong, college is great for making one an educated and informed person, but unless you are really focused on a field and desired career, a broad degree just may not be worth the money for the earning potential.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join