It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Principal BANS Santa Claus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I mean I could really care less what they do or don't do for the holidays. I'm sure that if people put their heads together they can think of a suitable replacement for the traditional ideas of holiday celebrations, but this whole controversy is over nothing. Santa wasn't banned. The Pledge wasn't banned. Christmas wasn't banned. Thanksgiving wasn't banned. Most of that stuff was either invented out of thin air by the New York Post or it was part of the ramblings of that pissed off PTA President.

Like I said earlier in this thread, this whole article was likely the result of the PTA President not getting her way for whatever the PTA decided to do with the holiday celebrations so she immediately went and cried to the press about it. She clearly has an issue with the new Principal too since the article reads like a written form of someone whining about someone else by tacking on as much needless and unrelated bull# to their character as possible to make them seem as awful as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if the author of the article got an email from the PTA President, called her up and sat there, listened to her bitch for 30 minutes about all the things she didn't like about the new Principal's ideas, took some notes, then slapped "PC lingo" all over the place, and BAM instant click-bait.
edit on 14-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

What is the point of diversity and multi-culturalism?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Who is Santa Claus?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It doesn't say she hasn't either. You get info from a DOE spokeperson which means someone at the district office, not the school. And you get some other lady who says Santa qualifies as "someother religious figure" meaning she may very well have banned him.

In other words, the quote of the PTA lady is likely not a lie no matter how much you might wish it were.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It doesn't say she hasn't either. You get info from a DOE spokeperson which means someone at the district office, not the school. And you get some other lady who says Santa qualifies as "someother religious figure" meaning she may very well have banned him.

In other words, the quote of the PTA lady is likely not a lie no matter how much you might wish it were.

Yet there is no point where it said anything about official decrees from the school or principal about it. The only thing we got that was sent out as an official source was a memo sent by the assistant principal where he suggested to alter the name of Christmas and Thanksgiving. Heck the claim about the Pledge is OBVIOUSLY a lie since the article clearly says that the principal never told the classes they could still recite the pledge, and the article interprets that as a ban on the pledge. Though it's nice to see you jump through mental gymnastics to try to prove something that isn't there. Defending propaganda...

I mean don't you find it odd that we don't have the school's side of the story here? I mean let alone the principal, the article didn't even mention what the school thinks about this. It clearly said the Principal didn't respond for comment, so that's good I guess. But what about the assistant principal who actually sent the memo? Other teachers? The PTA? All we got was the opinion of the PTA President on the matter, and you STILL don't think this article is biased in any way?
edit on 14-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It doesn't say she hasn't either.

That's exactly what the people who created these pieces are using to blow this out of proportion. It wouldn't make for a great knee-jerk outrage piece if they had included a line that said "she didn't actually do what we claim she did".

They are relying on an emotional outburst from low-info people that will not take the time to learn the facts because it takes time away from being outraged.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Reality.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Yes, I agree with you.

I read your posts and the actual memo.

It's just absurd to me after 20 years some still exploit the "War on Christmas" with public schools.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well it's become an annual tradition over at Fox News (and I guess other conservative media outlets since the story started on New York Post) for easy clicks during this time of the year.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Reality.

So, if you remove "reality," which is this case is the very real cultural celebrations and difference we all have, from the circumstance because someone might be offended by "reality," then I have to ask again: What is the point of diversity of multi-culturalism?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

My point is that I am hardly the only one doing.

Pot meet kettle. You are at least as good at it as I might be.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Reality.

So, if you remove "reality," which is this case is the very real cultural celebrations and difference we all have, from the circumstance because someone might be offended by "reality," then I have to ask again: What is the point of diversity of multi-culturalism?

I support secular.

Harvests are real. And people celebrated them. Food is essential. Reality.

Winter can be harsh and those Summer and Fall Harvests are very, very important. Reality.

Far more important IMO to understand why people had Harvest Festivals ----- then celebrating imaginary beings.

Everybody eats.

edit on 14-12-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving
Merry Christmas
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: ketsuko

Because, like the U.S., Santa has to be first 'cut down to size' as penance for being #1---it's unfair to be successful. It's also how PC Progressives operate.

Really want to know why they hate christmas and santa so much ?

Only government is suppose to give out free stuff!

Ta Da!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Geez, you guys sure are a sensitive bunch.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

How about Christmas critics chill out, and enjoy their days off with holiday pay.

Oh wait that would be asking to much.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Its amusing watching some liberal leaning people complaining about a conservative circle jerk... then about halfway through a thread its nothing but liberals patting each other on the back telling them how awesome they are...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Reality.

Your reality sucks.. there seems to be more strife and hatred than at any point I can remember in my 40+ years on the earth... soon as we started only identifying why we are different instead of looking at what we have in common things started to go off the rails in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

How about Christmas critics chill out, and enjoy their days off with holiday pay.

Oh wait that would be asking to much.

I'd love to, but instead of relaxing and enjoying my Christmas vacation, I have to spend my time changing the diapers of you knee-jerkers that crap yourselves over BS and lies.

You guys spend more time crying about some fake conspiracy to take away Christmas than you do actually celebrating Christmas.

Jesus thanks you.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Reality.

Your reality sucks.. there seems to be more strife and hatred than at any point I can remember in my 40+ years on the earth... soon as we started only identifying why we are different instead of looking at what we have in common things started to go off the rails in my opinion.

I've been here near 70 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join