It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Principal BANS Santa Claus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Nothing is banned, changing a name isn't banning. It is actually embracing like you said since now it isnt just Christmas but all the holidays.

It should be noted that the New York Post (then later Fox News when they reprinted the article) invented out of thin air the part about banning Santa.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yea true. Though I'm currently being amused at all the deflections and rationalizations these people are using to defend their outrage even though I've pointed out several times where they are wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: PresidentCamacho

How? Is no one actually READING this stupid article? It clearly says in the article that this whole idiocy is over a stupid memo.

Quit trying to interject ACTUAL FACTS into the conversation and NO, nobody read it that would take us away from the kick-fest...

We're too busy jumping to conclusions...

Wasn't it Betty Manners who suggested that for polite conversation one should refrain from discussing sex, politics and/or religion™?

I never liked Christmas and this would've been right up My alley...
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Yea. Just the daily conservative echo chamber thread of back patting and starring each other without actually denying any ignorance.
edit on 14-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

That's okay Santa Clause banned all principals from the North Pole! All is fair.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedomSlave
good religion has no place in school . keep that crap in your closets .. I would love to tell my kids it is ok to tell the other kids that their parents lie to them about Santa claus . but I am not that much of an ahole

Don't sell yourself short pal, santa has nothing to do with religion; and the fact that you secretly wish to make children cry qualifies you as a huge ahole.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If the point of diversity and multi-culti is so that we learn from a celebrate each other's cultures, what is the point of scrubbing every vestige of each other's diversity and cultures from the school venues we all share so as not to offend each other when someone's difference and culture is brought to the forefront like this?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
it would be nice if a bunch of parents got organized and dumped a HUGE amount of coal on school property, for the teachers.

it's one principle, she is a new principle, in other words, first Christmas....the dept. of ed. there, said santa is allowed, and I'm sure the principle and the school board have already heard plenty from parents. this isn't the apocalypse, or the downfall of Christmas.....besides, isn't it's the right's contention that educational facilities and districts, be locally controlled?......okay parents, here's your chance.....

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Were do you find these principals?

They pop out of America's liberal arts colleges alongside most of our teachers.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Because, like the U.S., Santa has to be first 'cut down to size' as penance for being #1---it's unfair to be successful. It's also how PC Progressives operate.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

She recently disembarked from her safe space at Mizzou.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Because, like the U.S., Santa has to be first 'cut down to size' as penance for being #1---it's unfair to be successful. It's also how PC Progressives operate.

no it isn't how "they" operate....please show evidence of this, or it's relegated to "your opinion"

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: burdman30ott6

She recently disembarked from her safe space at Mizzou.

...and wants a 'SANTA-FREE ZONE' established.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

It's funny how the article was lying and no one attempted to or even suggested banning Santa in your article. They just stuck that name in the article title to get you decently outraged and it worked.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The quote said no Santa.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Really? What part of this text says Santa in it?

A memo last month from assistant principal Jose Chaparro suggested a “harvest festival instead of Thanksgiving or a winter celebration instead of a Christmas party.” He urged staff to “be sensitive of the diversity of our families. Not all children celebrate the same holidays.”

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Too lazy to read the entire thread, but I hope someone mentioned that this article is complete bull.

I cannot find where anything was banned.

Nothing.

Anyone else recognize this as a propaganda hit piece?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Start at the top of page 2 and read all my posts in the thread. Expect silence though. Most people in the thread just want to complain without actually reading anything.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ya, I just skimmed through the last two pages and it's alarming that even when you brought some clarity to the topic and revealed it was nonsense, no one really acknowledged that.

They just went about whining over liberal PCness, pokes at climate change and other irrelevant pot shots.

It appears this thread was a full-on circle jerk.
edit on 14-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Really? What part of this text says Santa in it?

A memo last month from assistant principal Jose Chaparro suggested a “harvest festival instead of Thanksgiving or a winter celebration instead of a Christmas party.” He urged staff to “be sensitive of the diversity of our families. Not all children celebrate the same holidays.”

Schools have been doing this for at least 20 years. But, every year we get "War on Christmas".

It should be Winter Festival, not Christmas. Even though Christmas has become a secular holiday, it still represents a specific religion and does not belong in public schools.

Harvest Festival is better then Thanksgiving as the image of happy Natives and Pilgrims is a whitewashed history.

Santa? Well, it does come from a Christian Saint ---- even though he went through a transformation.

I very much support these holidays change to be more representive of a secular and immigrant society.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join