It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Principal BANS Santa Claus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Wow... Fox News is really scraping the barrel with their annual "War on Christmas" farce. This article (which Fox News reprinted half of word-for-word from the New York Post) is sensational BS designed to piss off the anti-PC crowd. I like the touch about not reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. Then the article reads like the New York Post is whining about the Principal Kim. "WAHHHH A principal is conducting a school in a manner that I disagree with so I'm going to sensationalize the issue without her side of the story."

Kim, 33, did not return a call or email seeking comment.

Don't believe me? Check out the second half of the article (that Fox News omitted).

Kim has other wacky priorities, school sources say. Soon after joining PS 169 in May 2014, her first time as a principal, she ordered the faculty to clear their classrooms of “clutter.” She moved hundreds of books and loads of supplies into the gym, where parents and other community members took what they wanted. The rest was tossed in the trash.

So cleaning out old stuff in the school is "wacky"?

She also dumped boxes of newly purchased reading books in the basement because she preferred another curriculum, staffers said.

Maybe the new curriculum is superior. This is a small sound byte to get a feel for how questionable this decision was. Though it's a good thing to list to rack up a bunch of petty slights to make this woman out to be much worse.

Kim bought seven 70- to 80-inch Sharp flat-screen smart TVs, which retail at about $3,000 each. After painting over and removing historic murals, she had the TVs mounted in the auditorium — three over the stage and two on each side.

“It was ridiculous,” Ferrer said. “They have never been used.”

Maybe she hasn't had the chance yet?

Kim holds a lottery for students to get academic assistance after school or on Saturdays. She also started a “professional learning period” in which teachers observe each other in class, but it eliminates one period of core instruction a week for students, staffers said.​

I'm not even sure what the problem is with this. Oh it wastes a period of core instruction a week for students. So one period a week in order to attempt to improve the quality of teaching the teachers are giving? How is that a problem?

The best is the weasly way they try to call up evidence that they aren't allowed to say the Pledge.

A DOE spokesman said classrooms can recite the pledge “at the teacher’s discretion.” But PS 169 teachers said that Kim never told them they could do so.

Wait, so because Kim never told the classes they were still allowed to say the Pledge, that somehow translates to them not being able to say the Pledge?

Seriously, this whole article probably started because PETA President Mimi Ferrer had a grudge against the new Principal and instead of working it out in the PTA (or knowing when she was beaten) she went and contacted the press. The sensational press at that, New York Post is a terrible place of journalism.
edit on 14-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I feel bad for the little kids.
They're sucking imagination and joy from childhood and replacing it with political correctness.

I guess government is now supposed to be the only entity who gives you lots of free stuff.

Make your mind up, do you want separation between religion and state or not? Is it a state school? If so then they can decide whether to have Christmas related activities.

Actually, in the UK this kind of thing happened a decade or so but schools fairly much now do what seems appropriate.

Thing is IAMTAT, you are the first to moan at Obama when it's something you don't like and I'm sure 'forcing a religion' would be on your list - swallow your own champagne, this school appears to be doing what you and others get mad at Obama for (in your mind) not doing what you think he should be doing.
edit on 14-12-2015 by uncommitted because: spelling

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: freedomSlave
good religion has no place in school . keep that crap in your closets .. I would love to tell my kids it is ok to tell the other kids that their parents lie to them about Santa claus . but I am not that much of an ahole

Thanksgiving is religious !? News to me , but OK . I guess I will sacrifice some cranberries to appease the great Turkey God of Thanksgiving so he or she will not be angered . Now he/she will not rain down his/her feathery wrath down on these heathens .

Verily I say , and the great turkey came down from heaven to grace our dinner tables . His butt over floweth with stuffing . Praise be to Turkey , amen .

Now ,thank the good Turkey above these children will not have to put up with all this relgious nonsense !!!!
edit on 14-12-2015 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: whenandwhere

Now , these children will not have to put up with all this relgious nonsense

So apparently you've taken a survey among the children to see what they want?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Apparently you do not know satire .

Much ado about nothing . So unclench , its all going to be fine .

ETA ... These children have no say so . I was making fun of how rediculous it is to ban Thanksgiving . It is a non religious holiday .

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I thought Elves were Pagan.
Isn't Santa just a "Jolly Old Elf"?

Next they'll be teaching kids there is no North Pole Toy workshop, because Global Warming made it fall into the sea and Santa was eaten by the last polar bear, while they were both marooned on a chunk of floating ice!

Dibs on the copyright.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So many children are brought up by non religious parents and Santa. Kids don't think of religion when they think of Santa and it's really disappointing to see political correctness take the fun out of children's Xmas.
I've even noticed some religious christians get upset at Merry Xmas, so Merry Xmas to all, as well as Happy Hanukkah, and a general happy holidays to all the Scrooges out there.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: whenandwhere

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Apoarently you do not know satire .

Much ado about nothing . So unclench , its all going to be fine .

ETA ... These children have no say so . Also how rediculous it is to ban Thanksgiving . It is a non religious holiday .

They didn't ban thanksgiving. Heck I don't think anything was banned.

A memo last month from assistant principal Jose Chaparro suggested a “harvest festival instead of Thanksgiving or a winter celebration instead of a Christmas party.” He urged staff to “be sensitive of the diversity of our families. Not all children celebrate the same holidays.”

Since when were memos that suggest things official decrees and bans?

Like I said at the top of the page, this article is sensational BS.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
All the PC Brown Shirts are doing is making Trump more popular.

He feeds off of their hate.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Oh, that's a great idea! lol. Sure would get a lot of media attention!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It doesn't necessarily have to be the principal's idea. The principal maybe following orders from the Superintendent and district school board.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: PresidentCamacho

How? Is no one actually READING this stupid article? It clearly says in the article that this whole idiocy is over a stupid memo.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Yo change the thread title to the Grinch that stole Christmas.

Second verse same as the first verse with the third verse saying.

I do not like green eggs and ham.
edit on 14-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I bet She's a global warming nut too.

Great.

Now Santa can fill her Christmas Stocking with lumps of coal.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Ho, ho, ho !!! (I mean what a b...).

Easter bunny..., you are next.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Wow... Fox News is really scraping the barrel with their annual "War on Christmas" farce. This article (which Fox News reprinted half of word-for-word from the New York Post) is sensational BS designed to piss off the anti-PC crowd. I like the touch about not reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. Then the article reads like the New York Post is whining about the Principal Kim. "WAHHHH A principal is conducting a school in a manner that I disagree with so I'm going to sensationalize the issue without her side of the story."

Kim, 33, did not return a call or email seeking comment.

Don't believe me? Check out the second half of the article (that Fox News omitted).

Kim has other wacky priorities, school sources say. Soon after joining PS 169 in May 2014, her first time as a principal, she ordered the faculty to clear their classrooms of “clutter.” She moved hundreds of books and loads of supplies into the gym, where parents and other community members took what they wanted. The rest was tossed in the trash.

So cleaning out old stuff in the school is "wacky"?

She also dumped boxes of newly purchased reading books in the basement because she preferred another curriculum, staffers said.

Maybe the new curriculum is superior. This is a small sound byte to get a feel for how questionable this decision was. Though it's a good thing to list to rack up a bunch of petty slights to make this woman out to be much worse.

Kim bought seven 70- to 80-inch Sharp flat-screen smart TVs, which retail at about $3,000 each. After painting over and removing historic murals, she had the TVs mounted in the auditorium — three over the stage and two on each side.

“It was ridiculous,” Ferrer said. “They have never been used.”

Maybe she hasn't had the chance yet?

Kim holds a lottery for students to get academic assistance after school or on Saturdays. She also started a “professional learning period” in which teachers observe each other in class, but it eliminates one period of core instruction a week for students, staffers said.​

I'm not even sure what the problem is with this. Oh it wastes a period of core instruction a week for students. So one period a week in order to attempt to improve the quality of teaching the teachers are giving? How is that a problem?

The best is the weasly way they try to call up evidence that they aren't allowed to say the Pledge.

A DOE spokesman said classrooms can recite the pledge “at the teacher’s discretion.” But PS 169 teachers said that Kim never told them they could do so.

Wait, so because Kim never told the classes they were still allowed to say the Pledge, that somehow translates to them not being able to say the Pledge?

Seriously, this whole article probably started because PETA President Mimi Ferrer had a grudge against the new Principal and instead of working it out in the PTA (or knowing when she was beaten) she went and contacted the press. The sensational press at that, New York Post is a terrible place of journalism.

A lot of conjecture and straw grasping Krazy, I'm starting to think you're losing your touch lol.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: IAMTAT

Ho, ho, ho !!! (I mean what a b...).

Easter bunny..., you are next.

Probably (St.) Valentine's Day is NEXT....so many reasons the PC crowd can use to Ban that.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

A memo last month from assistant principal Jose Chaparro suggested a “harvest festival instead of Thanksgiving or a winter celebration instead of a Christmas party.” He urged staff to “be sensitive of the diversity of our families. Not all children celebrate the same holidays.”

This was a memo. There is really nothing going on here. Though thanks for dismissing my text without actually reading it or any further posts in the thread. Heck this wasn't even the Principal's idea. According to that bit it was the assistant principal's idea.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I bet She's a global warming nut too.

Great.

Now Santa can fill her Christmas Stocking with lumps of coal.

xuenchen, if I ever see you posting some hot headed article knocking Obama for not doing enough to separate church from state, allow me to direct you back to your post. Personally I believe that if a school would enjoy festivities from any religion I would be all for it, but some of you seem to cherry pick when it doesn't meet your own personal stance.

edit on 14-12-2015 by uncommitted because: removed a bit

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Twas the night before Christmas is a CLASSIC!!

Now I want that school choir to read it in this principals face.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join