It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Principal BANS Santa Claus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There goes Santa Claus.
Thanks to this Brooklyn school Principal, PC culture wins another one...taking down the Fat White Male Christian (although, I remember reading somewhere that Santa was a "jolly old ELF")...and saving our precious little children from the horrors of Christmas fun and magic.
I just think it's very sad...and, yes, more schools will be doing the same.

No, Virginia...there IS no Santa Claus...at least as far as the people who teach you are concerned.

School principal bans Santa, Thanksgiving and Pledge of Allegiance

Santa Claus is banned. The Pledge of Allegiance is no longer recited. “Harvest festival” has replaced Thanksgiving, and “winter celebrations” substitute for Christmas parties.

New principal Eujin Jaela Kim has given PS 169 in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, a politically correct scrub-down, to the dismay of teachers and parents.

“We definitely can’t say Christmas, nothing with Christmas on it, nothing with Santa,” PTA President Mimi Ferrer said administrators told her. “No angels. We can’t even have a star because it can represent a religious system, like the Star of David.”

Kim, 33, did not return a call or e-mail seeking comment.

A memo last month from assistant principal Jose Chaparro suggested a “harvest festival instead of Thanksgiving or a winter celebration instead of a Christmas party.” He urged staff to “be sensitive of the diversity of our families. Not all children celebrate the same holidays.”

Ninety-five percent of the 1,600 kids at PS 169 are Asian or Hispanic.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 14-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'd like to go on record and wish the principal a Merry Christmas.

:-D

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
it would be nice if a bunch of parents got organized and dumped a HUGE amount of coal on school property, for the teachers.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
it would be nice if a bunch of parents got organized and dumped a HUGE amount of coal on school property, for the teachers.

Or they could get together and Dump this principal.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Were do you find these principals?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Santa's 'Naughty' list.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I feel bad for kids today. My childhood didn't have all this pc crap and it was wonderful!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

PC Principals come from PCU. Or any university currently. This is the type of person these colleges are churning out.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I feel bad for the little kids.
They're sucking imagination and joy from childhood and replacing it with political correctness.

I guess government is now supposed to be the only entity who gives you lots of free stuff.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
good religion has no place in school . keep that crap in your closets .. I would love to tell my kids it is ok to tell the other kids that their parents lie to them about Santa claus . but I am not that much of an ahole

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Could someone please grow some stones and tell the PC cowards enough is enough.

They can try to tell you 'Merry Christmas' is unacceptable; say it anyway

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
what a

Bouche

Dag

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
These kids are going to grow up being as afraid of Santa as they are confederate flags.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
These kids are going to grow up being as afraid of Santa as they are confederate flags.

What's a confederate flag?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: IAMTAT

What's a confederate flag?

It's that bumper sticker on the back of Santa's sleigh.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Man, he's one frightened guy. Scared of politics, scared of PC, scared of religion, scared of what other people might think. People like him ........... saving the children from having fun and celebrations. What a nutbar.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Man, he's one frightened guy. Scared of politics, scared of PC, scared of religion, scared of what other people might think. People like him ........... saving the children from having fun and celebrations. What a nutbar.

It's a she.

link   
a reply to: IAMTATThis is political correctness gone a muck. Don't you think those kids and teachers that look forward to this time of year at school feel really bad about what this Principle has done. I think she has taken the joy out of the season. I would even bet she celebrates Christmas in some fashion at her home.

link   
a reply to: Annee

I stand corrected.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Me too!!
Can being all inclusive not be enough for people? Let people celebrate all of the holidays rather than limit it for one group of people. I thought that's really what the pc crowd wants.

I can't believe they don't recite the pledge of allegiance anymore either. Funny enough, I had plenty of people tell me they might pay attention to what's happening in the schools when they get rid of the pledge. This was the response to me pulling my kids out of the system to homeschool them.

It is legal to homeschool your children in all 50 states, though some states have more oversight than others. Maybe those running the schools will prefer to do without the money allocated to each kid in their school?

Haha, and we were done with our semester work last Friday. So this morning is the lovely start to our Christmas break. We have lots of Christmas crafts and activities lined up for the next two weeks.

Merry Christmas!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join