It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher in France stabbed by man 'shouting Islamic State'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
link below, not alo of news yet but according to BBC he's on the run.

BBC News Article

A teacher has been attacked in a preschool class in Aubervilliers, a suburb of the French capital, Paris, by a man citing so-called Islamic State. The attacker shouted: "This is for Daesh [Islamic State]. It's a warning", stabbing the teacher with a box cutter or scissors before fleeing. The life of the teacher, 45, who was alone in the room, is not in danger. France remains on high alert after the terrorist attacks in Paris on 13 November that left 130 people dead.

edit on 14-12-2015 by yo_da84 because: typo

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Better grease those knees up.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: yo_da84

BBC News Article

A teacher has been attacked in a preschool class in Aubervilliers, a suburb of the French capital, Paris, by a man citing so-called Islamic State. The attacker shouted: "This is for Daesh [Islamic State]. It's a warning", stabbing the teacher with a box cutter or scissors before fleeing. The life of the teacher, 45, who was alone in the room, is not in danger. France remains on high alert after the terrorist attacks in Paris on 13 November that left 130 people dead.

Is not Daesh a derogatory term for ISIS?

I am pretty sure they swore to cut out the tounge of anyone using it in reference to them.

Either this guy is a moron or an actor who fluffed his lines.
edit on 14/12/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

BBC News Article

I am pretty sure they swore to cut out the tounge of anyoe using it in reference to them.

Muslim here.

Yes you are correct they Hate being called that. Its a huge insult for them.

Something does not make sens here ...

Sounds like propaganda to me..

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
In any event, it sounds like a lone wolf attack.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

BBC News Article

I am pretty sure they swore to cut out the tounge of anyoe using it in reference to them.

Muslim here.

Agreed, setup or mental unstable.

Organised terrorist who can find a balaclava yet unable to bring his own weapon and uses scissors found in primary school?

Have you seen those scissors? they are designed to be safe in the hands of 5 year olds...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

BBC News Article

Muslim here.

Organised terrorist who can find a balaclava yet unable to bring his own weapon and uses scissors found in primary school?

Have you seen those scissors? they are designed to be safe in the hands of 5 year olds...

I half read the story as being a warning about IS, not supporting it - I appreciate that doesn't makes sense, but from what was allegedly shouted (then presumably translated into English), it's hard to say for sure.
edit on 14-12-2015 by uncommitted because: added the word 'doesn't'

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The attacker shouted: "This is for Daesh [Islamic State]. It's a warning", stabbing the teacher with a box cutter or scissors before fleeing.
The life of the teacher, 45, who was alone in the room, is not in danger.
France remains on high alert after the terrorist attacks in Paris on 13 November that left 130 people dead.

Im calling lone wolf, nut job, and or both.......dammit Jim

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Daesh is an acronym for the Arabic phrase al-Dawla al-Islamiya al-Iraq al-Sham (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant).

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

Yes I am aware of that but as I said they do not like the term as it is deemed insulting to them.

Link

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

BBC News Article

Muslim here.

I half read the story as being a warning about IS, not supporting it - I appreciate that doesn't makes sense, but from what was allegedly shouted (then presumably translated into English), it's hard to say for sure.

I agree that it could be interpreted that way, it's a very confusing story.

It will not take long to find out what we are supposed to belive though depending on weather they shoot him before inteverviewing him.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta
If he had achieved any kind of success, ISIS would have claimed him as their own, retrospectively.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
If he had achieved any kind of success, ISIS would have claimed him as their own, retrospectively.

Fully agree to that.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Fully agree to that.

I do not think they will be taking the credit for this one somehow.

Also the title is a little misleading as it claims he shouts ISIS when the article then says Daesh(ISIS).

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Double post.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Fully agree to that.

I do not think they will be taking the credit for this one somehow.

Also the title is a little misleading as it claims he shouts ISIS when the article then says Daesh(ISIS).

And i fully agree to that too!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Just for info, on the french website, they are saying he said Daesh.
The thing is there are a lot of ghetto like areas around there, that have a lot of youngster that are can be influenced with ease, and they don't know anything about the religion itself, probably didn't even realize that they didn't like the term Daesh and used it coz that is what the media says all the time...

Or the teacher could have been paraphrasing.
edit on 14-12-2015 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeSbO
Just for info, on the french website, they are saying he said Daesh.
The think is there are a lot of ghetto like areas around there, that have a lot of youngster that are can be influenced with ease, and they don't know anything about the religion itself, probably didn't even realize that they didn't like the term Daesh and used it coz that is what the media says all the time...

That would make sense but the term has only recently started to have been used, I would imagine that they would be far more familiar with ISIS if that were the case.

Interesting point though.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

The term ISIS is not used in france (with it being an acronym corresponding to english), they either say "Etat Islamique" or "Daesh"
edit on 14-12-2015 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm also surprised they got this info, as according the French media she is in hospital and has not met with law enforcement yet, but the know what the guy said and how he was dressed

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join