It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Passions of The Christ

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
actually Mel Gibson is just working his AA program. Its almost universal when somebody finally sobers up and gets off the juice and drugs they become religious nutz. I don't blame the guy a bit, whatever it takes to keep him sober.

As for the torture, pain, crucifixion and such, well, Jesus HAD to be a martyr or no one would have cared about what he had to say. Without all the guilt and sympathy he'd have been just another joe with an opinion.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Stoning, crucifixion, impalement, hanging, guillotine, electric chair, lethal injection... all progress isn't it?

Yeah, can you imagine if Jesus came to fufill the OT in the 20th century? Little catholic school girls would be wearing gold electric chairs around their necks!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
maybe that Passions defention has more than one meaning now, hey?

Thanx for the insight, still learning this stuff & all your input is welcome........

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I personally believe Jesus, the christ, did come, walked this planet, did resurrect and did fulfill the prophecies according to Jewish prophets, but that's my personal belief.

I saw the movie, I was incredibly moved by it and felt Mel Gibson had a genuine interest that the story be told how he really felt it might have been. The Aramaic script actually was a stroke of genius. I always thought I should be making a movie about christ in aramaic. Ah well, he beat me to it.

Anyway I did not feel any hatred toward the Jews or anything, since I DO believe Jesus also said "Father, forgive them. For they know not what they're doing". And they are God's chosen people.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Quote: "What IS the big deal with the movie anyway"?

Well you are always going to get a lot of controversy when it comes to Jesus! A lot of people also freaked out over the
"Last Temptation of Christ" too - I wasn't Freaked however, I thought that it was a Great Film! Passion was good too - I thought that the Torture of Jesus scenes were a bit excessive however!

Yes it has been mentioned already - Imagine if for 2000 Years people thought that the actual Messiah had come & that he was Executed! If for 2000 Years Gentile Christians blamed the Jews & Judeo-Christians blamed the Romans!
It is quite a silly world we live in!!!

I found that the most fascinating part of the Movie is how many times Jesus was asked (by both Ranking Jews & Romans) if he was a "King" or if he thought that he was a "King"!!! Politics has been with us for a very long time! It seems as if 2000 Years is merely a drop in the bucket!

The Truth is that Jesus was part of a REFORM MOVEMENT - of a Religion & a Culture that had been Corrupted & was in much need of Reformation!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
If a person called Jesus appeared one day in a democratic society like America, and proclaimed himself as the king of the world. How would people accept him? Wouldn't they strap him into a gurney and throw him into a mental institution?

What if he was not a white person as portrayed in all the religious text and institution? Wouldn't he be ridiculed out into the streets?

Would he have to perform some kind of parlor trick to convince people?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Quote: "What if he was NOT a White person as portrayed"?

Well Jesus wasn't a White Person - this is part of the Conspiracy!
Jesus was a Semitic Person who lived in a Desert Region!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
If a person called Jesus appeared one day in a democratic society like America, and proclaimed himself as the king of the world. How would people accept him? Wouldn't they strap him into a gurney and throw him into a mental institution?

What if he was not a white person as portrayed in all the religious text and institution? Wouldn't he be ridiculed out into the streets?

Would he have to perform some kind of parlor trick to convince people?

Exactly why in the second coming, really it's going to be a case of "you're either with me, or against me". Either everyone believes in him & repents, otherwise, see ya in hell. (that's if you believe there will be a second coming etc etc).

No-one will get a chance to put Jesus the 2nd in a straight jacket cos he/she/it will smote them down before they can lay a finger on him/her/it.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
...true...Jesus was black [See a picture].

But that we think he is black isn't a conspiracy! Things went their way and it developed to the thought ...that Jesus is white....what many people like to see....imagine the decline of the church if it comes out that Jesus was black!

Maybe search the board for "Black Jesus" for more information or ask me....there are many proofs for this

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
No silly - I meant that it is a Conspiracy (A foolish one non the less) that there are a LOT of people that think that Jesus (A Jew that lived in the DESERT) was as White as Snow! I mean Blonde Hair & Blue Eyes White! Just look at the article in the Latest issue of "U.S. News & World Report" (Jan. 2005 - Page 62) to see what I am talking about! This of-course has No Credibility! I think that it was a Scheme by the Roman Catholic Church to Convert more
"White Europeans" into their Brand of the Christian Religion! I went to a RCC recently (Wedding) & inside they had statues of Jesus everywhere -> as White as Snow!

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Yes, but only hair white as snow,skin was like bronze and eye`s of fire,thats all there really is on appearance,not that his skin type is important at all??????

[edit on 12-1-2005 by gps777]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Well in answer to your question,

Consider the Lord of the rings trilogy, If you read the books before you saw it then read them again now. I made the decision straight away to dispell the imagery from the films upon re reading the novels (for the umpteenth time) to recapture the spirit of the masterpiece which that story truly is. Many people however will not be able to read the Lord of the rings without picturing Elijah Wood and co as the characters in the text and so this is the imagery which will endure whenever they read the books. This is due to the powerful impressions formed upon the consciousness, memory and subconsciouss by audio visual material. The same rationale applies to the storyline, which is markedly different throughout, and the sympathies of the characters (the emotive parts of their performances).

Also consider that a lot of people turn to religion due to a lack of self discipline and an inability to form their own moral judgements which makes them more susceptable to the religious dogma they sadly use to guide themselves. When the bible is read to them in church the sympathies and imagiery which has been impressed upon viewers of this film 'the passion of the crap' who were able to remain awake during its excrutiating epic timescale (Sadistic self induldent bastard you are Mel) will be the sympathies and imagiery that come immidiately to mind.

I know that last sentence was quite long.

Read it again and it will make sense.

In effect, the attitudes that the churches and synagogues have been fostering for the last 2000 odd years have been erased by a rather mediocre film that perhaps served as a vehicle for and agenda that is trying to take over the attitudes of mainstream, monotheistic dogma throughout the world.

I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE, IT IS WHAT YOU SEE AND HEAR.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by joejoe
...true...Jesus was black [See a picture].

But that we think he is black isn't a conspiracy! Things went their way and it developed to the thought ...that Jesus is white....what many people like to see....imagine the decline of the church if it comes out that Jesus was black!

Maybe search the board for "Black Jesus" for more information or ask me....there are many proofs for this

He very well could have been, and if so, it does not change my views a bit.
He sure enough wasn't Northern European, blond with blue eyes.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
You certainly got that last bit right, by all accounts I have ever heard he was a jew. Did you get black jews back in bc times? He cant have been nordic. Personally I think he might have been Half pygmy half american indian. Dont ask why I just made it up because no one can disprove it and that seems to be the point to me. Who cares, just make it exciting for the readers.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde
You certainly got that last bit right, by all accounts I have ever heard he was a jew. Did you get black jews back in bc times? He cant have been nordic. Personally I think he might have been Half pygmy half american indian. Dont ask why I just made it up because no one can disprove it and that seems to be the point to me. Who cares, just make it exciting for the readers.

The descendents of Solomon and Sheba were a group of black Jews around long before Jesus.
Who cares is a good point, it really doesn't matter that much, the message is the same.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Passion of the Christ is just a movie man.It doesn't imply anything other than to entertain the movie-goers.Moreover,the movie too doesn't portray any anti-semitic statements but simply showing what happened to Jesus Christ in the Christian point of view.

I'm a muslim and i believe the Passion of the Christ is just a movie and nothing more.I won't be surprise if high-scale movie such as this but portraying another religion's prophet/god(s) comes out.Such movies need not have to be a kind of religion propaganda or anything.Just treat it as another movie and enjoy your popcorn guys~

[edit on 12/1/05 by Heartagram]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I am prepared to admit that the whole thing could allegory or myth.

Many will tell you that Christ HAD to be cruxified for the religion that bears his name to become and to grow. In that line of thinking, nobody is guilty.

God did it. He just used the Jews and Romans to get the job done.

Besides. Jesus forgave them all, as we are supposed to do.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Overall: I think it was a really good film with the suspense-surreal beginning. Original languages - Brilliant! The middle and end were pretty good, but for those who are familiar with the subject, it was pretty much a template of previous works.

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Quote: "What IS the big deal with the movie anyway"?

I'd say because there are many fans or people curious and so few movies on the subject.

Well you are always going to get a lot of controversy when it comes to Jesus! A lot of people also freaked out over the
"Last Temptation of Christ" too - I wasn't Freaked however, I thought that it was a Great Film! Passion was good too - I thought that the Torture of Jesus scenes were a bit excessive however!

Interesting. I liked Temptation too as long as the viewer keeps in mind it is a fictional work. It's kind of a 'what if' scenario on why things HAD to happen as they did, else dire consequence.

Yes it has been mentioned already - Imagine if for 2000 Years people thought that the actual Messiah had come & that he was Executed! If for 2000 Years Gentile Christians blamed the Jews & Judeo-Christians blamed the Romans!
It is quite a silly world we live in!!!

I don't understand anti-semitism. I've never felt that way. Jesus was Jewish, the Christian heritage is Jewish, how on earth can you hate an entire group of people? Then again, why would you hate anyone, it's against doctrine. Did anyone who feels this way LISTEN to what Christ had to say? I'm about to go into my 'The Greatest Commandment' rant again, somebody stop me.

The Truth is that Jesus was part of a REFORM MOVEMENT - of a Religion & a Culture that had been Corrupted & was in much need of Reformation!

Great observation Seraphim

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Jesus wasn't jewish. Jews and Christians are more like a philosophy, a fan club. Anyhu, if you are talking about the biblical hebrews, they have no relations to the jews of today.

If you are looking for the historical hebrews, the former slaves brought to America would be closer than the posers of today who uses it to steal land.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join