It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The names PC crowd like to Call others

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

What many of us have learned over the years in communicating with people is that sometimes you have to just swallow you gum.

But if you show your point or view correct these will often resort to name calling because they are unable to discuss rationally. That is when the (sorry I have to use the label) bully comes out.

Bullies whether they fight with fists or words the intent is to inflict harm on the receiving party.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: Sublimecraft the police only tend to get involved when someone reports those tweets or posts to the police cyber bullying isn't acceptable on these platforms or ATS

Cyber Bullying.... pah, that's just PC nonsense.
Racism... well in my day we called a spa...well...er.... that's just PC.
Sexism.... PC crap.

It's all just PC.

People should be able to be racist, bigoted, sexist and anything they want!! Screw manners, decorum, civility and treating your fellow human beings with compassion and respect, screw em all!!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

It's lucky we live in a country that allows us this level of absurdity - don't you think? This bullying goes both ways these days - good for us. And it is good for us ultimately

These are those who hijacked the Politically Correct wagon and have driven to the extreme, using it to belittle and shame all over the Internet and in public to get their agenda, cause, idea or topic pushed, are those whom I have labled the "PC Crowd"

I'm sorry - but no sympathy from me on this one - none

I've been called a traitor several times - because I dare to call out my country from time to time

Some people might want to consider this PC push back for what it really is

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Actually this is a thread on being fed up with it. In times past people didn't resort to this type of nonsense.

What we have seen is the PC crowd users do is to label with no proof a phobia being present. Just because a person may say, "hey I am worried about what ISIS supporters might do here in my city". Does not make a person a Islamaphobe.

Just because a person may not agree with homosexuality as normal, does not make them a Homophobe.

We can't express what we don't agree with or what our worries are anymore without someone trying to shame us into a corner by calling us names, I for one am sick of it.

edit on 15-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Ermmm if they're calling you a name, they're not exactlty being PC?

So where exactly is your damage here?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

It is the Label/name they use that many tout as being the politically correct term

Anti Islamic State = Islamaphobe

Anti Homosexual = Homophobe

Anti over active Feminism = misogynists

Anti Obama = Racist

All those equal to names/labels are what many say are the politically correct terms to use against anyone that presents any of the opposing views.

Stop the PC labeling it only divides.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
for example here is what a PC Crowd web page looks like

www.alternet.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Actually this is a thread on being fed up with it. In times past people didn't resort to this type of nonsense.

From scarlet letters and pillories, right up to the McCarthy era leading into now - this is us. We judge

Just because a person may say, "hey I am worried about what ISIS supporters might do here in my city". Does not make a person a Islamaphobe.

Is that something you said? Is that the way you said it? Do you think there was a period of time in Germany where maybe reasonable Germans said things about the Jews that also sounded mostly reasonable - to some people?

Yes - I know. It's a very tired comparison

What you're seeing lately is an attempt to make people see the consequences of their unchecked fears and their words. Even if those fears are expressed reasonably one comment at a time - they don't deserve to go uncontested just because you don't want to feel bad

I for one would like to make you feel as uncomfortable with that as possible. I'm not being politically correct - I'm being in your face confrontational. If you feel comfortable saying something - why should I not be able to comment on it?

Just because a person may not agree with homosexuality as normal, does not make them a Homophobe.

It wouldn't matter if there weren't people who were working to deny gay people rights and treat them like lesser people - would it? If it were just an opinion?

We can't express what we don't agree with or what our worries are anymore without someone trying to shame us into a corner by calling us names, I for one am sick of it.

Poor baby

Some want to label and condemn this as an easily identifiable PC culture (and enemy) so that those stupid PC people will feel ashamed of it and shut up

The whole thing is absurd - but only because you don't actually believe my right to speak freely is the same as yours

Society sets standards for behavior. For a long time - you didn't dare say certain things or act a certain way because the church and polite society called the shots. You couldn't criticize your country without your patriotism being questioned. You couldn't have certain political beliefs because people thought you were dangerous. You couldn't have relationships that weren't pre-approved by society. Some couldn't eat at the same lunch counter or drink from certain water fountains - because society said so

ChesterJohn - if you feel strongly about something - you should take a stand. You have the right to speak your mind. You don't have the right to silence other people

So - here we are :-)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

NO unchecked fear is a phobia. Phobias result in irrational behaviour, like those who wont turn right so make a series of lefts to get where they are going.

Just to be worried and a little on guard does not a Phobia make.

A true Claustrophobic will only act irrational when left in small enclosures over a certain amount of time.

I have a fear of heights. But not to the point of a phobia. I have gone into tall buildings and looked out the windows and even over cliffs and looked over the edge. Noe short visits don't trigger any fear. But if I was put there for a longer period of time I will begin to act a little irrational. I am fine in Airplanes even a window seat for 12 hour flights.

Maybe, if what you are trying to tell me is I am PCphobic. That may be true because too often do people use those labels on me and after a while it gets unnerving.

No silencing here just expressing my view that others hold too.

You see the others side uses those terms to silence us. It might be considered a form of terrorism.

edit on 15-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

No silencing here just expressing my view that others hold too.

Same as that

You see the others side uses those terms to silence us. It might be considered a form of terrorism.

Just like wanting to make them feel bad to silence them - could that be terrorism too?

I am not letting you get away with this ChesterJohn - it's just lazy :-)

Since you're now trying to define a phobia for me - I'm guessing you either don't understand the argument you're making - or you've given up

Next time somebody calls you something you don't like - why don't you try calling them a name too

Oh - wait...

:-)

edit on 12/15/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup I know but we have the advantage of doing it anonymously without actually having to say these things face to face, because we are brave like that,

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn your still upset with joe from NLBS aren't you?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

But you do the same thing back at them so you're no different. How can you not see that???

You're no better than them so why act like you are???

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Boy if that's not making a whole lotta something out of nothing, I don't know what is. Seems like the adults need to stop behaving like toddlers (he called me poopoohead!)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Not at all. I am not sure what you are referring too but apparently you verify it is true. But In a lot of threads I have been labeled and called names.

I like to brush it off but it continues.

I am straight forward so I will call people liars and get my privileges revoked because I was a bad boy. So it would be nice even if they aren't the PC Crowd lets not label or name call just because we don't agree.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

In psychology a person is diagnosed with a Phobia because they are exhibiting irrational behavior because of their fear.

Rational behavior of fear is just that. Like fear of heights that is in us naturally for our protection. But if I irrationally wont go up stairs, use elevators and never leave the ground because of my fear that is a Phobia.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I would say that those who seem obsessed with what gay people are doing with their lives even though they aren't gay and worry about them getting married, or having to bake them a cake, or allow them to adopt a kid, etc. is also irrational and a fear of something which is different.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I figure if they want to be married no problem. Just if someone doesn't want to be involved in the marriage they should just live and let live, and not force someone who doesn't agree.

If they want to adopt children, if they pass all the State and Federal inspections and things necessary for adopting let them adopt.

But if someone consistently goes after those who oppose them just to force their belief, agenda or lifestyle on them, that person is a fanatic bordering on a mania.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Exactly. Basically you do your thing I'll do mine and we can all slide through our lives fairly easily. A big problem though is all these labels we tend to use. Republican, Democrat, Progressive, Atheist, Muslim, etc. Then there are the trendy ones too, like BLM, NeoCon, Feminazi, PC Crowd, or whatever is also a label but not a long established one per se.

Because the tactic that get's used is at some point you lay out how "such and such label" is this bad thing and the other bad thing and they do this and that and that's why they suck hard and are stupid, etc. Then after you do that for a while and you get people to think and believe the same way all you have to do is take one little thing about someone who you don't like or agree with and apply that label to them. In that one move you've now made it so they are no longer an individual with their own ideas. They're just another "such and such label" person.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Threads like this are important. We need to be told how PC people think. It saves us having to listen to them and think about it for ourselves.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join