It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The names PC crowd like to Call others

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
One question I have is, to all those that hate PC, why do you abide by it? There is no PC police force waiting to grab you, so why abide by PC, just let it out let all your politically incorrect views out on display and stop whining

Good point...perhaps they are afraid of a good public shunning.

Myself, I think it's a travesty of sorts when terms like "politically correct" and "social justice warrior" are said with such vitriol - like they're a bad way to be...

If being FOR the happiness of people is "bad", and being "polite in polite society" (as it used to be termed) is mocked;
I'll still stick with that over their opposites any day.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
a reply to: Lysergic

It's a clip from a movie entitled ‘InAPPropriate Comedy’...
The New York Post called it "brutally unfunny"...

Probably a riot then.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MoonBlossom

But those people aren't for the happiness of anyone. That's the point. They aren't for any kind of real justice or good. That's why they are a bad way to be. They are thoughtless zombies out for some kind of personal revenge. They have more in common with uptight puritans looking for a witch to burn.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness

But those people aren't for the happiness of anyone. That's the point. They aren't for any kind of real justice or good. That's why they are a bad way to be. They are thoughtless zombies out for some kind of personal revenge. They have more in common with uptight puritans looking for a witch to burn.

I understand what you're saying, really I do. However using broad brush strokes for the few are tainting those who do good as well, whether within movements or on their own as part of a greater cause or personal code of ethics.

I just cannot fathom the solution to hate being MORE hate and derision; just as the solution to war (and terrorism) isn't more war & terrorism. The world has more than enough divisions already.

Some people want to use their freedom of speech to be general asshats as is their prerogative; but it is always a choice that will reflect upon their character - and agenda if there is one.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

No, I was showing that both are forms of bullying.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

While I genuinely think that the ORIGINAL intention of those who wanted to be politically correct was honorable.

But it seems that over the years it has been hijacked by those who would use it as a tool to label people with a badge of shame, especially when they can't defend an Idea logically.

edit on 14-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm 63 years old. Been thru a lot. I really don't give a sh*t if people like what I say or not.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

you got your stripes in the school of hard knocks.

But many in the PC crowd are manipulative insecure babies wanting safe zones in Colleges. They want free speech for themselves but will deny it to others. they haven't even lived long enough to to get any calluses, bumps or bruises in this world, all their wisdom is hand me down BS from so called Scholars.

They are still in diapers telling us how to live and act and if we refuse to conform they call us some sort of Phobe, or hater, racist, bigot, or fanatic.

They keep the term Radical for themselves and certain ones of the religion of Islam.

edit on 14-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
A lot of the vitriol against PC seems to come from people wanting to retain the right to offend others with impunity while moaning about their own perceived oppression. There's also a lot of people who push PC that just want to cry about something that doesn't even really concern or bother them. People are just weird all round.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Can i join the pity party, must suck to not be able to be openly bigoted these days.

But you are. You just did it.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

One question I have is, to all those that hate PC, why do you abide by it? There is no PC police force waiting to grab you, so why abide by PC, just let it out let all your politically incorrect views out on display and stop whining

Likely because some of us have families and lives to maintain. These days if you don't bend over and kiss their ass, you can lose everything.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko kiss who's assess,there is no PC brigade or PC police. It's a myth
It's not like you to play victim. Why not stand up to the PC crowd and say what you want? Maybe your really polite and PC yourself?

edit on 14-12-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

There is no PC police force waiting to grab you

Facebook and twitter are the self-appointed PC police, mainly because those sites are chock-full of precious snowflakes that consider feelings more important than facts. Not everyones feelings though - just the snowflakes feelings, everyone else is a racist bigot and deserves social ridicule.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I guess I must be one of those PC nutbags y'all are whining about...

I have this bad habit of being polite, courteous, and respectful towards my fellow human beings.

Apparently, my grandpappy had it all wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko kiss who's assess,there is no PC brigade or PC police. It's a myth
It's not like you to play victim. Why not stand up to the PC crowd and say what you want? Maybe your really polite and PC yourself?

When my husband has to sit in on entire training seminars on who to avoid triggering someone else's feelings of inadequancy (microaggressions), it has gone too far.

I can't help it if you feel that when I enter the room and take the last chair and no one else in the room at that point matches your ethnic group, it makes you feel bad and suddenly the room is a hostile environment. How was I supposed to know that and why is that now my fault? Oh yeah, because PC says it is, and I should have been aware that my entering the room and taking that last seat to make it a room where they are the only of their group somehow. Why is that MY responsibility?

Oh, yes, because PC says it is ... Does that make any sense?
edit on 14-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft the police only tend to get involved when someone reports those tweets or posts to the police cyber bullying isn't acceptable on these platforms or ATS

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Isn't it Ironic that whenever the PC crowd, which is made up of many races, factions, religions, genders, political ideology, and social status want to defend their views against yours, they will often resort to name calling and labeling. Like Heterophobe, Homophobe, Islamaphobe, Xenophobe, Misogynist, Bigot, Racist etc etc etc.

So the "PC Crowd" is worse because they use labels huh. You mean like you just did calling them the "PC Crowd". Nothing like adding another label on to the stack with all the others you just listed.

Some even resort to lies either by posting convincing evidence to the contrary or that some one had did a deed that never took place, like the lady who posted threats to blacks, then was found out she lied and was a member of BLM?

That reminds me of that corrupt cop a few months back that was about to get exposed for all his criminal activities who killed himself and everyone tried to set up BLM, remember that??? His name is Joe Gliniewicz, you should look it up.

When are you guys going to learn that blame for whatever bothers you isn't on just one side??? It's getting old having to point out the hypocrisy all the time.

I have seen some people in my day but the ones that really take the cake are the current Politically Correct Crowd and their hyperhypocrisy.

You really want to start labeling "them" as hypocrites as if it's only "them" that do it???
Did you look up Joe Gliniewicz yet BTW???

While many claim to deny ignorance they in fact are spreading ignorance while calling the other guy out saying he is ignorant.

JMHO.

Do you see what's happening here with this post???

Does it still seem like a good idea now???

Is it going the way you thought it would???

Is it really productive or just causing more division between everyone???

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

the PC crowd they hide behind name calling and the like, It is the weak mans form of bullying also known as shaming.

What are you doing now?

:-)

I don't think you get how this works

Society is always trying to correct it's balance. Those people that call other people names are not the PC crowd - they're not being politically correct - are they? Are you politically correct?

Calling it like we see it is a right - but not just for the right

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Well we have to call it like we see it and in the other response you will see and put my "PC Crowd" label in context. I had to use "PC Crowd" label for lack of anything better.

These are those who hijacked the Politically Correct wagon and have driven to the extreme, using it to belittle and shame all over the Internet and in public to get their agenda, cause, idea or topic pushed, are those whom I have labled the "PC Crowd"

What else are we to call them and for once we recognize those who use such terms as bigot, homophobe, Islamaphobe, etc etc etc against people put themselves into the self evident class as the "PC Crowd"

You have yet to ever see me use any of those terms against anyone in my posts here or other sites.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Facebook and twitter are the self-appointed PC police, mainly because those sites are chock-full of precious snowflakes that consider feelings more important than facts.

Do the precious snowflakes say things that are politically correct - or do they just not agree with you?

Not everyones feelings though - just the snowflakes feelings, everyone else is a racist bigot and deserves social ridicule.

Should people not be allowed to call people racists or bigots? I say, if the racists and the bigots are free to say what they want - we all are :-)

It's so funny - this whole thing. When some people want to be able to say and do what they want, they puff up their chests, and then very loudly and proudly proclaim how un-PC they are. They're just straight shooters - they don't care who they offend. Then they get all bent out of shape when people call them on it

They get their wittle feelings hurt...

Doesn't everyone understand that they of course are just telling it like it is - and they should feel free to do so without any judgement?

:-)

Poor snowflakes - they don't get that they're not allowed to do that. They are ridiculous

edit on 12/15/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join