It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independence Day: Resurgence | Official Trailer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Stoked! Looks promising! Didn't even know they were working on a sequel...

No Will Smith in this one, but it looks like most of the main cast from the first one are. June 24, 2016 release date. Can't wait.

Check out:
www.warof1996.com...
www.imdb.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Independence Day was about the best sci-fi movie ever after Close Encounters.... and the original The Day The Earth Stood Still. I can hardly wait!

But in the meantime, tomorrow night Monday through Wednesday the Sy-Fi channels is running a three-part adaptation of Arthur C. Clarke's famous novel Childhood's End. If the video follows true to form the book it will give many folks some idea of why certain things have been happening in our present world and some insight into the eventual destiny of the human race.

The alien invasion of Independence Day is one slant on the situation, but Childhood's End is probably closer to the truth.

edit on 13-12-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This actually looks pretty cool. Don't know about the plot yet, though.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I remember going to see the original Independence Day at the movies as a 12 year old kid, Awesome movie!

But when I watch it these days as a grown adult & hardcore conspiracy theorist, it just comes across as some full on propaganda of American imperialism or superiority.

This new one actually comes across as far more worldly (for lack of a better word)... Kind of funny how the US has grown up in the last decade or so, to acknowledge they aren't the centre of the universe.

Even CNN has noticeably started to acknowledge current events in a much more global sense over the last few years. I'm sensing a real positive change in the mentality of western (or American) mainstream society.

Anyway, it does look like an awesome movie and I can't wait to see it.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Independence Day was about the best sci-fi movie ever after Close Encounters.... and the original The Day The Earth Stood Still. I can hardly wait!

But in the meantime, tomorrow night Monday through Wednesday the Sy-Fi channels is running a three-part adaptation of Arthur C. Clarke's famous novel Childhood's End. If the video follows true to form the book it will give many folks some idea of why certain things have been happening in our present world and some insight into the eventual destiny of the human race.

The alien invasion of Independence Day is one slant on the situation, but Childhood's End is probably closer to the truth.

The original V series is loosely(very) based on Childhood's End. I always wanted to see something much closer to the books. Thanks for mentioning it. I'll be tuning in.

On topic: This looks interesting. Wernher von Braun would be proud. Sort of.
edit on 12/13/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Interest piqued. I loved the 1st one.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Thanks, I was unaware of this tv show...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Is it just me or does the trailer give away the mothership being destroyed by them on the moon?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I am looking forward to watching it. I loved the first version.

I hear watching in I Max you get to feel the full effects of the movie.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Is it just me or does the trailer give away the mothership being destroyed by them on the moon?

IMO, it's probably on fire because it's entering Earth's atmosphere. And the two on the moon watching it happen from there. He exclaims, "That is definitely... bigger than the last one" -- as if they're seeing the main mothership for the first time.
edit on 14-12-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I don't know about a sequel to Independence Day, but I am also stoked about both Childhood's End and The Expanse. The Corey series is a really good space opera series set in our near future, and if they pull it off, it will be vastly entertaining to watch.

It seems that starting with Star wars, 2015 to 2016 will be a good year for sci-fi in space.

edit on 14-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Looks great! There isnt enough Jeff Goldblum in Hollywood these days lol.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

WOOT been waiting for this for ages, there has been rumor of a sequel forever!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Oh man, I can't wait to see this! The first one was just amazing!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I have a confession to make... And as a huge sci-fi fan I feel a bit ashamed to confess this to you guys...

I never went to the cinema to watch a sci-fi movie in 3D..

So,.. there it is.. now I can take my last breath in peace.. I have it out of my system and able to see you guys in the eyes again. Please forgive me my sin..

Ohhh...man.. Just love it!! These CGI guys..and girls of course... are getting better at it all the time. Can't wait to see this on a massive giant 3D screen.

People who do not feel entertained watching such special effects must be.... aliens?... Seriously something wrong with them.

:
edit on 14/12/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I wonder if the aliens will have up to date antivirus software installed this time?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: doogle
I wonder if the aliens will have up to date antivirus software installed this time?

Naw! Like aspects of government, they probably haven't even bothered to change their password yet. Those ships destroyed were older models anyway and their government/industrial complex had new models already committed in the next decade's budget.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Don't feel bad.

The last movie I saw in the theater was The Avengers, and I've never gone to one in 3-D (I'm afraid it might trigger a migraine like certain special effects have done in the past; the lasar effects in Star Wars: Episode I actually put me in the ER, so did The Grindhouse).

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: doogle

This time, they'll probably bitterly regret that they're all a bunch of anti-vaxxers.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I think 3D is terrible, you're better off.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join