It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars Is Garbage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Been telling people for years bloody rebel scum blowing up Death Stars and stuff normal workers and engineers worked on the Death Stars to,all alien life matters a reply to: neo96

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I just can't wait for it to come and go. Damn near every commercial on TV has a tie in. I wouldn't be surprised if they used it for Pampers next. Jeez.

Pampers and the force ought to be an interesting commercial.

edit on 14-12-2015 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Threads like this will make the Empire place everyone on no-fly lists.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm not going to lie that Star Wars (even the originals) are riddled with glaring plot holes, but man this guy needs to lighten up. Plus he is stretching. He defends the empire destroying a planet by saying that it can't be done so it must have been a conspiracy (a liberal one at that *eye roll*). No # sherlock! You know what else can't be done? The Force.

He also defends the Hutts as upstanding businessmen, but neglects the fact that they employ slave labor and are clearly labeled as gangsters in the movies. I mean what the article author did there was basically call Al Capone a great businessman.

I feel like the author was just trying too hard to be politically funny and just fell flat on his face.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I always thought Star Wars Jedi v. Sith thing was loosely based off the history of the Shaolin Temple and the story of the fall of a certain monk to "the Dark side" later named Bak Mei (White Eyebrows) The temples most talented gets corrupted and becomes traitorus murdering his old friends and monks brothers. Renounces the religion. Joins the other religions team. Goes on a murderous rampage etc.

A good majority of the characters and locations from Padme (Lotus Flower), to Degobah (buddhist Stupa in India) have buddhist names.

The Force = Chi? Jedi = Chi Gong Masters?

Qui Gong Jin always talking about Mindfulness. Thats a buddhist philosophy.

"Fear Leads To Anger,
Anger Leads to Hate,
Hate Leads to Suffering"

Sounds like the 4 noble truths in Buddhism.

"There is Suffering
There is a cause of Suffering
There can be an end to Suffering
The 8-fold path brings about the end of Suffering"

Oh nooooooos. .... the Star Wars universe is lead by pacifist Buddhists...thats er, um.....just like ISIS!!!!

Also, the plot line seems semi ripped off from Azimov's The Foundation series including AI droids.
edit on 14-12-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

The idea of Star Wars itself was just amalgamation of many different types of media, so I wouldn't be surprised if you were correct there. There's a reason why Darth Vader looks like an evil samurai.

Star Wars Is a Postmodern Masterpiece

A Jedi craves not such narrow interpretations. In fact, Star Wars­­­—the original 1977 film that started it all—is all these things. It’s a pastiche, as mashed-up and hyper-referential as any movie from Quentin Tarantino. It takes the blasters of Flash Gordon and puts them in the low-slung holsters of John Ford’s gunslingers. It takes Kurosawa’s samurai masters and sends them to Rick’s Café Américain from Casablanca. It takes the plot of The Hidden Fortress, pours it into Joseph Campbell’s mythological mold, and tops it all off with the climax from The Dam Busters. Blending the high with the low, all while wearing its influences on its sleeve, Star Wars is pretty much the epitome of a postmodernist film.

Read the whole article to learn about its influences.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

HERESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find the reviewers lack of Star Wars knowledge disturbing.

The Empire is a xenophobic and humanist centered society that believes in institutional slavery. And that's not even getting into execution without a trial stuff. And let's not also forget using weapons of Planetary Destruction thing.

I'm gonna count this article as a troll piece.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

The Empire is a xenophobic and humanist centered society that believes in institutional slavery.

Oh so basically the empire is the Republicans, and the Rebel alliance is the Democrats.

Definitely don' want to see it now.

The real life version is more entertaining, and free to watch.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Now I want to re watch the Hidden fortress again. Thanks for reminding me about it. It's a classic and a gem. I still see more Shaolin v. bak mei references in the movie, but i'm sure it hasn't been mentioned as much since to most film critics and reviewers aren't really up on that sorta stuff. Shaolin is a pretty obscure thing to know the history and lore of. And NO RZA doesn't know squat about shaolin other than what he's watched in the classic the 36th chamber of shaolin.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I do not know much about how a mega production film like that is made but I can imagine with those big names like harrison ford and the ego's that go with them everybody wants the story to go a certain direction. Maybe these people all became excutive producers. The result will be something awfull...just to please all the ego's involved... the audiance comes second place..

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I dunno the Kanjiklub are a outlaw gang of bad guys. JJ Abrams casted Iko Iwas, Cecep Arif Rahman and Yayan Ruhian to play the main characters of the gang. Those guys are Certified bad asses. JJ putting those guys in a film to play tough guys is excellent. If anything will have quality to it, it will be their fight scenes. For a preview of what these guys can do simply watch The Raid 2. It's been said, and I agree, it has the greatest realistic fight scenes in movie history. apparently JJ watched the Raid 2 and said something like, holy crap that's the kinda live action fighting and weapon work I've been looking for. that's the real deal there. and immediately hired all three of the actors in the movie.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It always has been.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: zatara

I dunno the Kanjiklub are a outlaw gang of bad guys. JJ Abrams casted Iko Iwas, Cecep Arif Rahman and Yayan Ruhian to play the main characters of the gang. Those guys are Certified bad asses. JJ putting those guys in a film to play tough guys is excellent. If anything will have quality to it, it will be their fight scenes. For a preview of what these guys can do simply watch The Raid 2. It's been said, and I agree, it has the greatest realistic fight scenes in movie history. apparently JJ watched the Raid 2 and said something like, holy crap that's the kinda live action fighting and weapon work I've been looking for. that's the real deal there. and immediately hired all three of the actors in the movie.

I haven't seen that movie but certainly will because of what you wrote. I am looking forward to see those guys in action. But you know as well as I that excellent fight scenes only do not make a great movie.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
#greenlivesmatter

I always said the rebels were terrorist scum

Btw Yoda was a definite pedophile. A celibate old man who kept a room full of younglings in his temple and have a thing against children being to old to beguin training.......... the jedi order may as well been called the vatican!

As long as theres no little timmy glued to the Popes crotch or chained up in the vaticans private jet i guess we can can that progress.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Heres another one:

The radicalization of Luke Skywalker: A Jedi's path to Jihad.

This time, however, they may find themselves surprised by how much the film’s characters and themes echo the current War On Terror.

A more focused study, however, is needed to truly understand that the Star Wars films are actually the story of the radicalization of Luke Skywalker. From introducing him to us in A New Hope (as a simple farm boy gazing into the Tatooine sunset), to his eventual transformation into the radicalized insurgent of Return of the Jedi (as one who sets his own father’s corpse on fire and celebrates the successful bombing of the Death Star), each film in the original trilogy is another step in Luke’s descent into terrorism. By carefully looking for the same signs governments and scholars use to detect radicalization, we can witness Luke’s dark journey into religious fundamentalism and extremism happen before our very eyes.

Obi Wan — a religious fanatic with a history of looking for young boys to recruit and teach an extreme interpretation of the Force — is practically salivating when he stumbles upon Luke, knowing he’s found a prime candidate for radicalization. Stahelski notes terror groups place a focus on depluralization, stripping away the recruit’s membership from all groups and isolating them to increase their susceptibility to terrorist messaging. Within moments of meeting Luke, Obi-Wan tells Luke he must abandon his family and join him, going so far as telling a shocking lie that the Empire killed Luke’s father, hoping to inspire Luke to a life of jihad.

Good LORD!

All I can say is I was glad I was just a kid when i first saw Star Wars.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

You were actually serious about this? And others were actually serious about this? Man, Freud would have a heyday today.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

No I wasn't serious.

People acting like I kicked their favorite kitten were.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The problem with SW is that it buckled under the weight of it's own "empire". I remember getting a Burger King Strikes Back glass. And it WAS glass. What was that? 81? Then it got to be a money machine and quality was lessened. And produced placement went nuts. What love I had for the first 2 movies is still there but damn, I wouldn't buy a SW toothpick.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I remember getting a Burger King Strikes Back glass. And it WAS glass. What was that? 81?

I remember them.

I remember all of the merchandising.

Lunch boxes,action figures, light sabers.

Cash cow.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

No I wasn't serious.

People acting like I kicked their favorite kitten were.

you mean kittens ARENT for kicking? Well darn. Guess ill take these back to the shelter tomorrow.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join