It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars Is Garbage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
As long as we are drawing parallels.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I believe the films were actually written as a secret protest towards the Vietnam War. So I wouldn't quite be calling the Jedi the same thing as ISIS. I think the author (Milo Yiannopoulos) is a bit off his rocker!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hm. Lucas disliked Hollywood, and he paid for the movies starting with The Empire strikes back. So it isn't really a Hollywood movie.

But bad things happened to Star Wars, I agree. I'm really afraid of Abrams' take on SW, but I feel somewhat confident because Lawrance Kasdan was invited to work on the movie, and pretty much everyone agrees it is the best of the lot.

That said, yes, my daughter and I often discuss if the Jedis are really that good, because we have that much time to lose... haha.

Remember at the beginning of A New Hope, it is clearly said the Rebels are fighting for liberty, not peace.

But SW being an analogy for ISIS is a real stretch of things considering SW first appeared in 1977. Was ISIS already in existence?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I agree that this movie may suck. Star Wars is Star Trek for children.

I liked the first three movies IV V VI, but the next three were terrible stories and acting all the way through. Add in Disney and liberal / progressive agendas and you get a big steaming pile of Sith.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Add in Disney and liberal / progressive agendas and you get a big steaming pile of Sith.

That deserves an oscar for best screen play.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm going to see Star Wars opening night, and I'm excited. Before the opening night, I am going to watch the previous six movies because I haven't seen a lot of them in a while.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
#greenlivesmatter

I always said the rebels were terrorist scum

Btw Yoda was a definite pedophile. A celibate old man who kept a room full of younglings in his temple and have a thing against children being to old to beguin training.......... the jedi order may as well been called the vatican!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Someone realized there's infinite money to be made if they just keep expanding the franchise and that is unfortunate imo.

Lucas original concept was a trilogy of trilogies. So they're not expanding, they're finishing the last trilogy. Still, I don't have high expectations for this film. I just don't have that much faith in JJ Abrams.

edit on 12/13/2015 by Klassified because: Reword

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

If there anything like the star treks JJ did, it may not be as bad as the prequels Lucas did...

edit on 13-12-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: Grammatical

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

If there anything like the star treks JJ did, it may not be as bad as the prequels Lucas did...

True. I did enjoy the ST remakes overall. Even if I didn't like the direction he took with them. I hope he does at least as well, and better with SW as he did with ST.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Star Wars is more about Democratic rule versus a Imperial Dictatorship.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I just don't have that much faith in JJ Abrams.

Abrams already stole the soul from Star Trek. He didn't get it that it was less about pew pew and more about awesome exploration and discovery of the unknown. You know if he is in charge it will be all action adventure and very little story.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I just can't wait for it to come and go. Damn near every commercial on TV has a tie in. I wouldn't be surprised if they used it for Pampers next. Jeez.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Huggies. Those diapers have all the Disney characters (Mickey, Jake, and Towmater) on them already. I'd be glad for my kids to drop a deuce on Jar-Jar...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

OUTSTANDING!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Star Wars is more about Democratic rule versus a Imperial Dictatorship.

I thought it was about restoration of the REPUBLIC with a dash of boy meets girl. Boy kisses Girl. Boy finds out he kissed his sister splash of almost incest.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I just don't have that much faith in JJ Abrams.

Abrams already stole the soul from Star Trek. He didn't get it that it was less about pew pew and more about awesome exploration and discovery of the unknown. You know if he is in charge it will be all action adventure and very little story.

I so hope that doesn't end up being the case this time. I've already bought my ticket in advance for the 17th premier. So I guess we'll see. I'd really hate driving 35 miles one way to see this, and it end up being a train wreck.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
All hail the empire.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I just can't wait for it to come and go. Damn near every commercial on TV has a tie in. I wouldn't be surprised if they used it for Pampers next. Jeez.

Sick ain't it? But hey, those commercials gave us a little break from Saaaaaaaaaanta

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join