It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Interested in F-35Bs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

I'll dig some up for you tomorrow. I'll gonna have some down time then.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

No, you're right, Israel is as pure as the driven snow and would never do anything of the sort.

www.algemeiner.com...

www.nytimes.com...

www.haaretz.com...

But by all means, keep denying it.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

In any event, that was then and this is now.

I see no valid reason not to allow the purchase. The ability to place these platforms at dispersed locations help off-set the S-400s and Russian air force assets.

More to be gained than lost, imho.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

No, you're right, Israel is as pure as the driven snow and would never do anything of the sort.

www.algemeiner.com...

www.nytimes.com...

www.haaretz.com...

But by all means, keep denying it.

Every country in the 'coalition' has access to the F-35. Numerous with their own security issues and you'd deny Israel?

Really!

Who said pure as the driven snow? NOT ME. At least they have a pretty damn good motive...it's called survival!! Unlike other nations who have questionable moves in their history. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, Bro.

We have had our share, ourselves, and are adding onto them at an unprecedented rate, from what I can see.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

And which other country that is getting the F-35 has a HISTORY of selling weapons to China?

YES I'd deny Israel! In a heartbeat! They spy on us worse than any other friendly nation, and when they're caught they demand concessions from us. They demand that we do things to support them, they expect things from us that no other friendly nation does. They treat their so called closest ally worse than some unfriendly nations are treated, and expect everyone to ignore it.

So hell yes I'd deny them. I'd deny ANY nation that pulls the crap that they pull, and sure as hell wouldn't lose a minute of sleep over it!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

What Russian air force assets? There aren't any permanently based near Israel, and the last I heard Russia wasn't a threat to them.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well, I bet the Russians permanently keep the Latakia air base from now on, but they're not a threat to the Israelis.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

And which other country that is getting the F-35 has a HISTORY of selling weapons to China?

YES I'd deny Israel! In a heartbeat! They spy on us worse than any other friendly nation, and when they're caught they demand concessions from us. They demand that we do things to support them, they expect things from us that no other friendly nation does. They treat their so called closest ally worse than some unfriendly nations are treated, and expect everyone to ignore it.

So hell yes I'd deny them. I'd deny ANY nation that pulls the crap that they pull, and sure as hell wouldn't lose a minute of sleep over it!

Now it goes from 'no proof' to a 'history' .

Well, we have a difference of opinion on who treats who worse, especially the current administration. As far as spying 'worse' than any other friendly nation, your going to have to prove it. The U.S. spies on everyone as well. Pretty much everyone does. Even Canada has a spy agency.

You have zero problem with us selling military equipment and aircraft to SA? How about PAKISTAN??? Egypt?

An interesting side to you I wasn't aware of......

As far as Russian air assts goes, I was thinking of this article:

www.veteranstoday.com...
edit on 15-12-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Did you read the links I posted? Try to keep up. There's no proof that the LAVI went to China. Israel ADMITTED to selling technology to China in other instances, and even had contracts to upgrade and modify UAVs for them. You would have seen that if you bothered to click the links I posted.

Wow. So you don't bother looking at reliable links proving they did something but you believe utter crap like veterans today. Got it.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Veterans today loves to write "Russian Aerospace Force" apparently. It's catchier and more formal than just Russian Airforce..

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Zaph unfortunately for some people if you criticize Israel in any way there is something wrong. I do think though that we should sell them the f35's though, hopefully one doesn't end up in Chinese or Russian hands

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Did you read the links I posted? Try to keep up. There's no proof that the LAVI went to China. Israel ADMITTED to selling technology to China in other instances, and even had contracts to upgrade and modify UAVs for them. You would have seen that if you bothered to click the links I posted.

Wow. So you don't bother looking at reliable links proving they did something but you believe utter crap like veterans today. Got it.

Let me make myself clear. I am fully aware that Israel isn't any angel.

What I have a problem with is double standards.

The U.S. intercepts virtually every electronic signal on this planet. Others don't have that capability so Human intel is the order of the day. The "crap" that Israel pulls, as you say, is matched....no exceeded by the U.S..

Envision, if you will, the U.S. soil attacked with scud missiles and your trusted 'ally' blocked your ability to retaliate. That's what Israel faced when Saddam hit Israel with scuds....sorry, no IFF codes for you....

I understand the reasoning behind it. I ALSO understand Israel being pissed off six ways to Sunday.

Don't trust Israel? Fine. Neither do I. They don't trust the U.S. either. Both understandable, from what I can see.

Negotiations with Pakistan to sell F-35s, at least that's what Pakistan claims and there's been no denial from the U.S. that I've seen. Really?

Israel is a self-determined nation, last time I checked. Oh yes, you aren't my source for world information so forgive me if I don't read all your links.

Judging by your obvious bias against Israel, you won't be in the future either....

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yes the US, and a lot of other nations collect electronic information even on friendly nations. What they DON'T do is hire people to spy on those governments, and then almost demand that they be either released or allowed to serve their sentence in another country when they're caught.

I have no bias against Israel, I have a bias against nations that pull that crap that Israel pulls. They have zero right to make the demands that they do, and yet they do, and our government caves to them, which is a whole other issue. Yes they're a self determining nation. One that screws their allies over and expects nothing to happen in return.

Oh darn, in just heart broken that I won't be your source for pro Israeli world news.
edit on 12/15/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yes the US, and a lot of other nations collect electronic information even on friendly nations. What they DON'T do is hire people to spy on those governments, and then almost demand that they be either released or allowed to serve their sentence in another country when they're caught.

I have no bias against Israel, I have a bias against nations that pull that crap that Israel pulls. They have zero right to make the demands that they do, and yet they do, and our government caves to them, which is a whole other issue. Yes they're a self determining nation. One that screws their allies over and expects nothing to happen in return.

Oh darn, in just heart broken that I won't be your source for pro Israeli world news.

Still ignoring our screwing them over, I see. I begin to suspect your view is the 'official' view of the current administration...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You know what, screw this. This is supposed to be about aircraft not how Israel can do nothing wrong and is the most awesome nation on earth. So I'm done.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You know what, screw this. This is supposed to be about aircraft not how Israel can do nothing wrong and is the most awesome nation on earth. So I'm done.

understandable.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

nwtrucker, I think your missing his point. He isn't saying he blames them for acting the way they do, He is saying that he just mistrusts them for their previous actions. Alot has been made in the Jewish community about how much Obama has screwed Israel, however as I see it he just isn't Netanyahu's puppet and therefore many Jews get outraged over their "Bad treatment" since this president came to office. Has US military aid to Israel gone down or up over the past few years? Follow the money imo.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bfirez

nwtrucker, I think your missing his point. He isn't saying he blames them for acting the way they do, He is saying that he just mistrusts them for their previous actions. Alot has been made in the Jewish community about how much Obama has screwed Israel, however as I see it he just isn't Netanyahu's puppet and therefore many Jews get outraged over their "Bad treatment" since this president came to office. Has US military aid to Israel gone down or up over the past few years? Follow the money imo.

I would re-read his posts, if I were you. I agree that I don't trust Israel, either, anymore than Israel can trust the U.S..

I believe that Israel's main, and perhaps, sole purpose is survival. Not a bad purpose from what I can see. These days, it's difficult to see just who or what the U.S.'s purpose is or who they support, almost day to day.

The 'distrust' is both mutual and understandable. I dislike double standards. On this issue, I believe him to be wrong. The U.S. is arming both camps! Bizarre when one thinks about it.

If Pakistan is even remotely considered for the F-35, even when a majority or near majority in Pakistan support or approve of groups that are killing U.S. servicemen then surely Israel merits them as well. Dumping on Israel alone lacks objectivity, at the least.

Oh yes, Israel is not a puppet of the U.S. either.....

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The US has played both sides of conflicts for years. Hell we have given Egypt, Libya, Pakistan, Jordan and many other middle eastern countries military aid for decades. From Zaph's post about Pakistan getting the F-35's it seems he wasnt very upbeat on that bit of procurement either. I don't want to speak for him but it seems like he wasn't playing the whole they should get it and they shouldn't game, instead no one that we cant implicitly trust should have access. Now the Pakistan problem is way deeper than F35's, that's a whole can of worms that I don't really feel like spilling at the moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join