It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've seen this strange object two times and can't for the life of me identify what it is.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I live out in the horse country. Nothing ever happens here. It's very quiet. No large buildings or a lot of lights, so most nights the sky is extremely clear. I attend a school and take the bus in the morning, so I do my daily routine and when I leave the house the bus comes in about 3 minutes.

Thursday morning, 6:22 AM, I'm walking down to the bus stop and see a weird object in the sky. I don't usually wear my contacts in the morning, so I just see kind of a blob that's flickering a bunch of strange lights. As the sky is always clear and you can see all types of stars and aircraft, I know what's normal and I knew this object was out of the ordinary. So, I took my phone out (Galaxy S6) and took some zoomed in pictures. I noticed in the first picture had this weird dark outline, so I continued to try to take more pictures. Then the second picture comes and it's this weird orb thing.. at this point I'm pretty confused. Then I notice in the third picture the shape is more profound, and at this point I hear my bus is coming. I look to my right at the end of the street and see the bus, and look at the sky and the object is gone. I didn't realize until hours later because I was messing with my phone and when I turned my phone sideways I realized that the "dark shape" that was being illuminated by the light was a SAUCER. I couldn't stop thinking about it. The images for the first morning can be found here: m.imgur.com...

Then Friday morning comes, I'm doing my morning routine like always but I'm constantly thinking about the object I saw the morning before. I make sure I'm wearing my contacts this morning so I can actually see it with my own eyes. I go outside, start walking and sure enough I see the object again. Then I think "Oh, maybe it's just a weird star?" But then I realize it's a lot closer this time. I take more pictures that look similar to the morning before. I take pictures of other stars and none of them have this weird shape around them. So I decide to to take a video. I wish I didn't.

I take the video (uploaded to YouTube at this link: youtu.be...) and hear the bus coming. I still look at the sky though, and if I would have blinked I would have missed what happened next. It just sped away. Like that. Gone. I decide to look at the video a few more times later that day when I get home. I decide to pause the video over and over and see if there's anything you can miss in a single frame. That's when I start to see it.

It's the same object. The same "flying saucer" shape, like it came out of a movie. The screencaps from the videos can be found here: m.imgur.com...

In the second image, you can see, just slightly, another smaller object that has lights with a similar shape above and to the right of the main craft, which leads me to believe there are two objects.

I'm hoping someone can identify these. The pictures are so eerie and creepy. Hoping I don't see it again.

I told quite a few friends about it and some of them live in my area so they said they'd look out for it. Today I get a video message from one of them on Facebook, and they think they've seen the same thing and they caught it on their camera that was set up on a tripod. He lives about 10 minutes away.

I uploaded the video here: youtu.be...

We're not sure if it's the same thing or if it's even related. It's still really weird. It's there, then it's gone. Just like that.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: supermagma

The last pic resembles the Star Trek insignia!

No clue what it is, sorry.

I have experienced plasma orb activity over my pasture and video taped it one night couple months ago. I have had this thing reappear several random nights. It disrupts the farm animals in the wee hours of morning, and you can hear the animals going off in fear, in my video.
To offer comparison, here is a still from mine.

This one was not redish, just pure white.

Good luck on your quest and be sure to keep us posted!
edit on 13-12-2015 by NewzNose because: added pics

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

The last pic resembles the Star Trek insignia!

Exactly what someone else told me!

You can't hear it in the video, but my dogs who aren't too far away were going crazy. They were all barking.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Here's your first video

edit on 13/12/15 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Second imageset looks like a fuzzy shot of saturn at ~50x magnification. Download google skyview or a similar app on your phone and see if it's a known astronomical object.
edit on 13/12/15 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Second video

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'll guess the ISS, it's very bright at any time it's catching the Sun, but it's over the UK in the PM at the moment, other than that Jupiter is around in the mornings and also very bright.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I can maybe understand the ISS if it wasn't so close and appeared in almost the same spot as the morning before.

I think anyone who says this is a star or planet is just silly, though. It doesn't have the same characteristics at all. I see dozens and dozens of them every night if I just look up, as if there are no clouds then it's completely clear.

Also, if I'm remembering my astronomics correctly, I'm pretty sure stars or planets aren't shaped quite like that and don't move. But that's just me.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Very interesting picture captures of orbs there
It's brilliant how they appear in different colours. Well captured.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The video sort of looks like that pulsar that is in the sky, it could be moving around from breathing movement or it could be moving around from atmospheric conditions. The pictures....are they zoomed in? It could be what it would look like zoomed. Our atmosphere can magnify things too.

That could be one possible reason.

If the balls are brighter than stars, there have been balls of energy before earthquakes that sort of look a little like that. There is a place around here that has light balls on a regular basis, I think it is called the spaulding lights.

It could be military, it could be someone flying a drone, could be just about anything. It would be classified as a UFO until it is identified. It could be a flying saucer I suppose but I have never seen one but know that the people seeing them aren't nuts, they are seeing something.

Ask around your area and see if anyone has seen them or has info on what they might be.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: supermagma

I can maybe understand the ISS if it wasn't so close and appeared in almost the same spot as the morning before.

Well, looking at your first video again it is nowhere as close as the ISS since the ISS would near saturate your screen it is so bright, so it was the stills you show that made me contemplate the ISS.
It could still be a high altitude satellite though, a spinning satellite would show flashes in no particular order similar to that.
More than that if you want to display these pictures, you really need to do more in the way of location in the sky, NSEW, same for direction of travel NSEW and an approximate locale with pictures like these in a process of elimination since most satellites can be near pinpointed.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The first set of photos from the first night are zoomed in. The second one is not.

"Paulding lights" have been debunked recently, I think. I thought it may be a drone, but I think that judging from how far away it was, I think I would have heard it. Plus what's the point of flying a drone out in the dark?

I have never seen a flying saucer either, until I saw my own pictures I thought they were something merely fictional.

These things are definitely brighter than stars. The only other people (that I know of) that have seen this is the other video I have posted where they caught something like it on their camcorder. Apparently at the same time frame I've seen it, too.
edit on 13-12-2015 by supermagma because: Grammar mistake

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I've already downloaded some of the stargazing apps, so if I do ever see it again I'm going to see if it's some kind of star or satellite.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

In the first video I did noticed a second smaller light, above the bright one, it almost looks like they are moving together.
Great capture, pics and video!
Keep watching and keep your camera ready, there is no telling what more you might see!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

If you would, please send me your location. Direction of view, how far up from the horizion (making a fist is about 10 degrees). I would like to set my cameras to that location and see what comes up.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Thank you. The video is even more intriguing.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I looked at the evidence that was used to discredit the Paulding lights. The headlights idea is not what most people were seeing. Just because some headlights do hit the area does not mean that it was what others saw. I know people who saw the lights and they said what they saw was definitely not caused by headlights. I think the people investigating it thought that everyone was seeing what they had seen, that is not the case. Glowing swamp gas plasma bubbles is probably more correct than headlights shining from afar. The bubbles may interact with the light, but that was not listed in the evidence shown by the debunkers, what causes the bubbles is part of the equation that needs to be addressed.

I see evidence misapplied or misinterpreted all the time in my studies. These people have credentials and degrees and do not read the parameters of the evidence correctly and misapply it all the time.

I only offered a few possible things it might be, but there are a lot of things that can cause your lights. How long were they in your view? How much did they move?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I am also interested in the OP answering the last two questions that you posed.
s&f, OP. I don't know what caused these lights--but great find. Do you have any kind of military bases nearby that you know of? Do a lot of people around you play with drones? Could these possibly be those Chinese lanterns that people like to set off for celebrations?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
it's not I S S.....orbs are real...We're quite used to them......

it seems some locations are better for spotting them......like my son's place he used to have.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
You could start by investigating if there were any satellites or other objects in the heavens in that location at that time. I wouldn't be so quick to rule out a star or planet just because it's flickering, because I've seen astronomical objects twinkle like in your video, it's caused by air currents in the atmosphere distorting the incoming light.

Is it a star, planet, aircraft lights, satellite or.........a UFO? Find out here!

That has numerous suggestions, but you can try Stellarium. You put in your latitude and longitude, then look in the direction you were looking and set the time to the correct time. There's an option to add satellites, so since you think a satellite is more likely than a star or planet, add that.

If you want someone else to try to help you ID a satellite or astronomical object, more details are needed like your approximate altitude and longitude, the direction you were looking, and approximate elevation between the horizon and straight up.

Your photos show motion so the object itself has a round appearance such as an astronomical object might have. The streaks are an artifact of camera motion.

edit on 20151214 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join