It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Disease That Is Feminism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

Preferential treatment for females in child custody cases

A wage gap farce, the validity of which disappears when hours worked are taken into account when compared with with earnings per hour

Male vs. female circumcision and the societal attitudes surrounding them

According to DivorcePeers.com, the majority of child custody cases are not decided by the courts.

In 51 percent of custody cases, both parents agreed -- on their own -- that mom become the custodial parent.
In 29 percent of custody cases, the decision was made without any third party involvement.
In 11 percent of custody cases, the decision for mom to have custody was made during mediation.
In 5 percent of custody cases, the issue was resolved after a custody evaluation.
Only 4 percent of custody cases went to trial and of that 4 percent, only 1.5 percent completed custody litigation.
In other words, 91 percent of child custody after divorce is decided with no interference from the family court system. How can there be a bias toward mothers when fewer than 4 percent of custody decisions are made by the Family Court?

What do these statistics tell us?

1. Fathers are less involved in their children's care during the marriage.

2. Fathers are less involved in their children's lives after divorce.

3. Mothers gain custody because the vast majority of fathers choose to give them custody.

4. There is no Family Court bias in favor of mothers because very few fathers seek custody during divorce.

I would NEVER say this is ALL Fathers as I would hope one wouldn't lump all feminists together...

LINK

In spite of its narrowing, the gender pay gap persists. Why is this? In our survey, women were more likely to say they had taken career interruptions to care for their family. And research has shown that these types of interruptions can have an impact on long-term earnings. Roughly four-in-ten mothers say they have taken a significant amount of time off from work (39%) or reduced their work hours (42%) to care for a child or other family member. Roughly a quarter (27%) say they have quit work altogether to take care of these familial responsibilities. (Fewer men say the same. For example, just 24% of fathers say they have taken a significant amount of time off to care for a child or other family member.)

LINK

And finally:
Two COMPLETELY different things!

Female Genital Mutilation

Male Circumcision

Until ALL men are able to experience the physical form of childbirth AND recovery from it OR (willing to) care for an ailing family member or child, women will be the one's taking off of work. Notice I said ALL. I am very blessed in that the old man helped care for the children and Mom.
I was the higher earner so it only made sense that he stay home more. However, when Mom became incontinent and confused...he was unable to carry on. I had employment that allowed me to be home with her most times.

Mhm. Yea, as a gay man I have to say that 'women's rights' have effectively impacted my life negatively far too much considering my void of females in my personal life for your statements to have any validity to be carried through to some sort of executive enforcement.

I understand what you say there (I think). I have gay male friends. They are men. They love men. So....
But, I love men too...

edit on 13-12-2015 by TNMockingbird because: see above

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
i found it interesting that most poor classes of men could not vote either and the false history of the voting rights women have declared.
but that is episode 3 ,of which judging by the comments they have not even watched but are giving their opinions without checking the subject material op,which is biased by the way ,sort of proves her point .

I would like to read this "false history". The plight of the Suffragettes is well documented, in print and in photos. Some of these women suffered severely in the fight for voting rights. Are you saying they didn't?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

i found it interesting that most poor classes of men could not vote either and the false history of the voting rights women have declared.
but that is episode 3 ,of which judging by the comments they have not even watched but are giving their opinions without checking the subject material op,which is biased by the way ,sort of proves her point .

I would like to read this "false history". The plight of the Suffragettes is well documented, in print and in photos. Some of these women suffered severely in the fight for voting rights. Are you saying they didn't?

Facts in the books aside, the plight of women getting voting rights in that era doesn't much apply today. It really doesn't, that era of US history is just that, history -- done & over. We came, we heard, we learned, we adjusted (Americans in general, that is) It applies about as much to 2015 as any slave era argument does. Both are nice ploys to ramp up division between people though, I'll give them that much.

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: Nyiah

Really cause some men get abused its all fine and dandy, keep on playing the victim and making excuses up, youll find out the real world isint all sunshine and roses

Did I say it was all fine & dandy? I pointed out a gross double-standard in how abused men are treated versus women (not well socially, and with slim resources compared to women) and all you get out of that is "it must be fine & dandy"? What universe do you live in to figure that?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Tenebris

The fact that free speech is being stamped out in Canadian Universities, as you put, it has nothing to do with Feminism specifically but the new Cultural Marxism. I can't say I'm a personal fan of the new political correctness, I believe it stifles conversation.
My daughters call me a feminist and I suppose I am although I can't say I follow a specific ideology or manifesto. I am intelligent, educated, self supporting and self confident. No one pushes me around, man or woman, employer nor anyone.
I hate to tell you this bud but we're not going anywhere. My suggestion to you is to put your big boy panties on and accept that you have competition in academics, employment and that your role at home is going to be vastly different then it used to be.

It occurred to me that we just had the 26th anniversary of a Canadian University tragedy perpetrated by a young man who hated feminism and believed females in University were given an unfair advantage......seems we haven't come as far as we'd hoped in terms of attitudes, has it?
edit on 13-12-2015 by meemaw because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I love women and female energy, but I am still put off by the man-hating version of feminism. I guess you would call them feminist extremists. Just like Islamic Extremists you can't blame all women for a few crazies because most women are awesome...so awesome I married one.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

no i'm saying that the lower classes of men had no voting rights either please understand english in it's full context
as from your post i can see you do not as it is clearly stated

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
angela merkal is the head of europe and i'm pretty sure she is a woman but is there any point in mentioning this fact.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Sad. Women are being dominated by men for thousands of years. They couldn't study, had no rights at all, were raped and killed ... and you and your friends are complaining now about feminism. You should be ashamed.

By the way, if you are honest, you should also think that say 80 percent of murders and other violent crimes are committed by men. Pedophilia? 80 percent are men. I can go on if you want to.

www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

no i'm saying that the lower classes of men had no voting rights either please understand english in it's full context
as from your post i can see you do not as it is clearly stated

Well Stu, fortunately for not so smart people like me, ATS has kind, considerate, omniscient people like you who don't mind expounding a little more, even if what they said was "clearly stated". Thank you for being such a gentleman.

Before your ego explodes into a 1000 points of light, and you shine like the sun because of your brilliance, would you mind throwing a link my way for this "false history" you spoke of as being relevant to this thread?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I love women and female energy, but I am still put off by the man-hating version of feminism. I guess you would call them feminist extremists. Just like Islamic Extremists you can't blame all women for a few crazies because most women are awesome...so awesome I married one.

Right there.....that's what pisses me off. You get a guy who starts a thread like this, basically hating on women and there's a crowd of guys patting him on the back , saying there, there. But you get a woman who voices strong or negative attitudes towards men and she becomes a "man hater" and that is a very bad thing.

I myself happen to love men, although at my age, "good" ones who aren't too bitter from their divorce are extremely hard to find......and I'm sure there are men who will say the same about finding a woman.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: meemaw

Right there.....that's what pisses me off. You get a guy who starts a thread like this, basically hating on women and there's a crowd of guys patting him on the back , saying there, there. But you get a woman who voices strong or negative attitudes towards men and she becomes a "man hater" and that is a very bad thing.

How in the hell is what Met said offensive?? I just don't see what you see at all in his comment. Is it the dislike of extremist feminism that is offensive? Why? The man-hating flavor does exist, don't pretend it doesn't just to play the victim card & crap all over the guy's dislike of a type of extremism (otherwise, you're just proving the assertion true to a degree)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

The old way of stay at home wifey trembling at the thought of her husband's drunken temper when he comes home are over. The days where she has to ask him for the food money and he gives her what he can afford are done. The days of the police and the courts dismissing her rape are over. Feminism has achieved this. Women did this against all the odds of the (once) physically stronger sex.

Wasn't that kind of the OP's point though? Is there really any inequality left any more? What is there to shout about? Why don't we all just agree to stop looking for a soapbox, or at least find something to shout about that needs to be shouted about.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

It isn't women that need to change - it's men and there is a long way to go. Time to grow up boys.... And I say that with all due respect for the feminist men in the audience.

What a load of twaddle.

Why are women still being raped?

Because there are bad people out there unfortunately. I could equally ask why do someone women use sex as a weapon, but if you pick the worst of a particular demographic as an example, you're not starting on a fair footing.

Why are women's voices still ignored in public discourse?

Are they? I ignore a lot of so called "feminists", but will always respect the well-thought out views of those women I choose to spend my time with.

Why are women still making 75% of what men do for the same job?

Skewed stats? Less hours of overtime? An overall genetic disposition to be less highly competitive in such areas of life. In know way do I think that is necessarily a positive thing btw, I can't stand the highly competitive types of people, but for men they're a dime a dozen, women I've met very few in my life. Not to say they don't exist but there's a defeinite correlation between genetics and competitiveness in aspects of life that favour £££

Why are women doing 75% or more of all child rearing duties (and without compensation)?

Because they have vaginas and breasts and oestrogen and therefore a predisposition to making and bonding with babies that men will never understand.
Noone (in the west) is forcing you to have babies though...

And if feminism has been so successful in the west - why do men still think, act and speak as though women were their property?

Any man with half a brain will no longer act like this as they would lose all social standing or chance to find love. Frankly, I've never seen anyone act like this without being ridiculed and even so it's a rarity.

I think this is now one of those subjects that can only be improved by being dropped. We don't need to raise children thinking there's an inequality that doesn't (or at best - barely) exists. It just compounds any perceived problems.

I think feminists worry that if they stop banging on about it, the gender pay gap will widen, not because of the "patriarchy" but because less women would feel the need to mimic the worst aspects of masculinity just because other women tell them that if they don't they're some kind of traitor to women all over the world.

What does equality even mean? Because I'm pretty sure what makes humanity great is our differing interests, abilities and skills. Maybe we should start to champion our differences rather than try to make everyone fit the same mould.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Only in america beteeen 3 and 4 million women a year are victims of some type of harrasment be it, sexual, verbal or physical.

I know I already responded to you, but in this case, I think it's important to follow up on your numbers with other numbers for the sake of correcting misconceptions and illuminating an enormous problem we have in this country when it comes to sticking heads in the sand anytime the words "male abuse victims" are uttered.

The Number of Male Domestic Abuse Victims Is Shockingly High — So Why Don’t We Hear About Them?

According to the CDC’s statistics — estimates based on more than 18,000 telephone-survey responses in the United States — roughly 5,365,000 men had been victims of intimate partner physical violence in the previous 12 months, compared with 4,741,000 women. By the study’s definition, physical violence includes slapping, pushing, and shoving.

More severe threats like being beaten, burned, choked, kicked, slammed with a heavy object, or hit with a fist were also tracked. Roughly 40 percent of the victims of severe physical violence were men. The CDC repeated the survey in 2011, the results of which were published in 2014, and found almost identical numbers — with the percentage of male severe physical violence victims slightly rising.

Mitchell, who has legally represented numerous male victims of domestic violence, says abuse is typically difficult for men to process, let alone seek help for. “Men are brought up to believe it’s not OK to hit a woman or even hit back in self-defense,” she explains. “It is their job to protect her. Add in that you’d be a laughingstock if you said your woman hit you. So in the situation of the battered husband, they don’t know how to feel. They know it’s shameful. They do not want her to get in trouble. So they do not say anything.”

There is another psychological tactic used against men: No one will believe you. Men “fear the possibility that others will think they are lying, or that they are actually the ones perpetrating the abuse,” Ivankovich says.

That's just a few excepts from a very long article. If you don't like the source, click the source hotlinks embedded in it instead.

But anyway, yeah, let's go ahead and keep pretending men aren't abuse victims, too. God forbid someone's narrative be challenged and the "support only teh wimenz" stance get a tough look. DV is not a goddamn joke.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

This is a complete falsehood - and it's a matter of, again, not listening to women's voices. Women don't hate men (well mostly anyway) but we do hate being unheard - or worse yet - being heard though a filter of "it's just a man-hating women" filter that so many men have and don't see.

Your stament "...women are awesome... so awesom I married one..." is all about you and your wants. Maybe your awesome wife had something to do with the marriage - did you even think to be grateful she chose to marry you. She is not your possesion yet you speak of her as a thing and thing that you deigned to let into your life.

Perhaps you have children as well ... that you wanted, brought into the world and show off to others (if they do what you say to do). Might those children (male and female) be persons in their own right, with thoughts and opinions of their own?

Yes women get very tired of men but very few 'hate' them. There are far more men who 'hate' women in passive ways and don't have the self-awareness to even know it.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

This is a complete falsehood - and it's a matter of, again, not listening to women's voices. Women don't hate men (well mostly anyway) but we do hate being unheard - or worse yet - being heard though a filter of "it's just a man-hating women" filter that so many men have and don't see.

Your stament "...women are awesome... so awesom I married one..." is all about you and your wants. Maybe your awesome wife had something to do with the marriage - did you even think to be grateful she chose to marry you. She is not your possesion yet you speak of her as a thing and thing that you deigned to let into your life.

Perhaps you have children as well ... that you wanted, brought into the world and show off to others (if they do what you say to do). Might those children (male and female) be persons in their own right, with thoughts and opinions of their own?

Yes women get very tired of men but very few 'hate' them. There are far more men who 'hate' women in passive ways and don't have the self-awareness to even know it.

It's quite telling that you get all of that from "most women are awesome"...

What are you even denying?? That he loves women? That he doens't like man hating feminists? That we shouldn't blame all women for the actions of a few "feminazis".

Do you have a point or are you just shouting?
edit on 14-12-2015 by Dem0nc1eaner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Why can't we all just agree to be humanists? Rights for everyone!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

"Gender Pay Gap"

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SovietUnionist

Thanks for correcting me. I jumble my words sometimes, it can get pretty twisted haha. I re-read what I wrote and was like "wait, what?? gender gap?" lol

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I recommend you deny ignorance by listening to a Professor who actually researches women's issues and who explains how media stereotypes feminism in a negative manner; the real disease is in unacknowledged bias.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join