It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a man know what it's like to be a woman and know more than women about being a woman?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If it's a man with complete knowledge, wisdom and memory of having been a woman.

It goes without saying that this is incredibly rare, and even if such a person were to exist and remember such things it's hard to argue that he would possess a superior understanding of what its like to be a woman than an actual woman who lives it everyday. I suppose it's possible if we're talking about a teenage girl or a young woman but it is doubtful still.

It's also possible that some guys know some aspects of women better than women themselves, mainly I am talking about natural womanizers with an intrinsic understanding of the psychology of attraction. A woman might say they like nice guys, this guy will prove her wrong while being an ass. Of course, this is a somewhat unusual situation but definitely not unheard of. Some women don't know what they want and they lie to themselves.

Either way I think this guy is clueless.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yes. But only if you're Mel Gibson.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: jobless1 yeah telling a man that I got up a red flag about a man who feels up some woman's clothing and explaining that as a woman who has been sexually assaulted and that the man who feels up clothing makes me wary, is so unholy and man, the ego on me to want to avoid a situation like that again.

No thats the discussion you want to advert everyone too as it is creepy and your correct about. However when talking about if a man can know how to be a women better then other women disregarding drag queens and transgender people you avoiding the actual subject at hand that you posted. This makes me believe your post had or has ulterior motives. Feminist idealism you believe in is posted by other members while you sprinkle in feminist beliefs long since past that have no relevancy to today's modern feminist movement yet you call your self a feminist. That would be like me calling my self a communist just pre stalin/mao however their new stuff i also believe in lol.

The question is worded incorrectly in the title and the topic isn't discussed from an overall standpoint making it solely about your situation with said creeper. And your ability to avoid the actual topic and tell people who do to start their own thread makes me believe what I believe that you have ulterior motives. I

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jobless1 I'm a bit baffled by this new wave of feminism and it being such a heated topic, what I consider feminism on a personal level might just be the basics, like burning bra's or women creating a bra that is not constructed by a man and equal pay for the exact same job and not being treated like a child or if I'm treating a male to lunch, not being looked at as the one who isn't paying for it. So, I'm not sure if those things come off as anti-man and as though I'm some sort of fem-Nazi.
I didn't want to get to heavy into transgender issues because I tried to make the topic more about understanding oneself as a biologically born woman as that is where my personal perspective comes from. I'm not a scientist, doctor or psychologist and have no idea what it would be like to identify as a gender other than what I was born. I just feel that is for a different line of discussion and would love to be a part of such a discussion to further understand the transgender subject.
My only motive was to know what people generally thought about whether a man (inside and out) can know more about being a woman (born inside and out)
I appreciate your sharing on this thread and wonder why your reading so much into what I thought was a simple question written in a clear way as to what I meant.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
I'm curious, how did this man know more about childbirth? Was he a doctor or Psychiatrist? Can you share something he said about you or women in general that a woman wouldn't normally know?

Sorry for not responding to this sooner, it took me a while to dig out the issue. He, Michel Odent, is an obstetrician, he has therefore been present at a sufficient number of births to know what is what. Here are a couple of pertinent quotes...

"In reality, the main reason for difficulties in childbirth is that the women's capacity to give birth is repressed by neocortical activity in the brain. Put simply, the mother goes on thinking in the birth process."

Now, you will only appreciate this if you have given birth naturally or without epidural because you will have "felt" what he is talking about, and from what I can gather, even then, only partially.

In response to the question, "What would happen if a woman could turn off neocortical activity during childbirth?"...

"...what I call the 'fetus ejection reflex' can occur...when a woman in labour is not under neocortical control, she will say completely crazy things, nonsense. If nobody is interfering, there will be a suddenly be a short series of irrestible cotractions, no voluntary movements at all. It's as if the woman is in a kind of ecstatic state, off the planet, and then the baby is born."

In short, the key to easy childbirth and great sex, is to power down the neo-cortex. Nothing too shocking there, but I had considered, previously, that midwifery was a vital skill that was developed to improve our survival. Not so, it was the development of ecstatic/dissociative practices that made birth easier it more probably now seems. Possibly even, that the evolution of the capacity to have ecstatic sex is tied into facilitating both reproduction but also for overcoming the difficulties of the human birth canal.

New Scientist, 4 July 2015, page 26
edit on 16-12-2015 by Anaana because: Failure to give credit where it is due

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana Thank you for taking the time to look that up and respond. Definitely food for thought!

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

No worries. The main jist of Odent's argument is that we, as a species, are becoming dependent upon medical intervention because we, women, do not understand the fundamentals of our own reproductive functions. In some, very isolated, cultures, women are still adequately initiated, and that is how this understanding has finally returned to Western medicine. Soooo...men can know more about women or a woman, but only if the woman fails to learn to understand herself.

edit on 17-12-2015 by Anaana because: sniped out a rogue "the"...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Can a man know what it's like to be a woman and know more than women about being a woman?

No.

Really, as simple as that. Completely different challenges, life experiences, mindsets, etc. It's ridiculous.

Hey, you want to whack off your willy, add some boobs, wear a dress, and live as a woman....more power to you. But don't presume to know (yet or ever) more about being that gender than those born that way....who lived all their life that way.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsandsome guys are funny that way, still haven't seen the mad clothing sniffer, he says he is a Christian, even funnier. I heard he brought a weapon into taco bell.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join