It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a man know what it's like to be a woman and know more than women about being a woman?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
As a male, I will always acknowledge the fact that I don't know everything about women. I believe as a male we have no right to claim to be the expert on women since we will never be one biologically.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat
Yes, I'm male. Now, if he said sniffing was involved, that would be even creepier.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shelbee Thank you for the reply. My sister is going through menopause and keeps me informed about it. She is a bit older and I appreciate learning about what I'll experience a little further down the road. How would a man know the actual experience of these things only women know? I'm quite comforted by your response, thank you again.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Anyone can study a certain gender of a certain species to a great degree of knowledge. But no, he cannot feel what it's like to have a female biology.
edit on 13-12-2015 by TheSubversiveOne because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You are more than welcome hun. I find it really ironic that it is called the men-o-pause. Maybe that's just my sense of humour. ;-)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Shelbee I used to switch words around to make them more agreeable to my inner feminist(feminist apparently a controversial subject?) Anyway I'd probably turn men-o pause into womb-a-break or something.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Thought-provoking question...
As it happens, my wife is currently having her period, so I thought now might be the perfect time to put your question to her...

She told me to "Shut The F*** up!"

This was the best comment I've read in months.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

lol whats good for the goose is good for the gander I suspect. How many times have men heard how men's life's are so easy and women insulting men by telling them they aren't men. How confusing has it been over the years with women trying to blur lines of what a real man is with lines like "real men cry" or any number of political correct BS hype aimed at putting the self confident male down. "Women need men like a fish needs a bicycle" lines in feminist movements

lol at the poster claiming women are rembrandt's and men are crayon painting. I guess if we equate women's predisposition with emotional instability to complexity in painting then yeah they are Rembrandt and men are crayons. If a menstrual cycle is all that makes a women then I'm sure women everywhere will be happy with having Chaz Bono as their spokeswomen.

But the reality of the situation is women shouldn't be telling men how to be men and men shouldn't be telling women how to be women and its a simple as that.
edit on 13-12-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

the same applies to masculinity and Femininity! When feminist stop attacking anything having to do with masculinity!
edit on 13-12-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jobless1

lol whats good for the goose is good for the gander I suspect. How many times have men heard how men's life's are so easy and women insulting men by telling them they aren't men. How confusing has it been over the years with women trying to blur lines of what a real man is with lines like "real men cry" or any number of political correct BS hype aimed at putting the self confident male down. "Women need men like a fish needs a bicycle" lines in feminist movements

lol at the poster claiming women are rembrandt's and men are crayon painting. I guess if we equate women's predisposition with emotional instability to complexity in painting then yeah they are Rembrandt and men are crayons. If a menstrual cycle is all that makes a women then I'm sure women everywhere will be happy with having Chaz Bono as their spokeswomen.

But the reality of the situation is women shouldn't be telling men how to be men and men shouldn't be telling women how to be women and its a simple as that.

the same applies to masculinity and Femininity! When feminist stop attacking anything having to do with masculinity!
Did I tell a man how he is supposed to be? Please point that out to me in quotes where I wrote that.
Truly I believe human beings are more complex than, men are masculine and women are feminine. Is believing in a natural duality of both yin and yang energies a feminist thing to say? Feminist being a controversial subject these days and not just the right to vote or equal pay for exact same jobs or in some countries... Women driving!
As far as I'm concerned human beings cry, It don't matter what gender you are and putting the word feminist with a human being crying seems spiritually un- evolved and a bit robotic.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I judging the situation from an overall stand point not from your personal stand point

your title
Can a man know what it's like to be a woman and know more than women about being a woman?

this isn't a personal subject and yes there is generalization on both sides but you have to admit feminist have been flinging mud at every man and masculinity in general for a very, very long time if they truly believe they know how to be a man better then men do then im sure there is an opposite. come on lets talk about equality lol

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jobless1

You're a proper 'man victim' aren't you! Lol

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Short answer to the General Question, No not possible.

Longer answer, The hormone mix really does not have as much effect as the way men and women process information, the way they think, and as a Man I think we got the short end of this particular stick but we enjoy it more.

From my Experience Dating and my Marriage of 10 years to the lovely Woman that is my wife I come to figure out how she thinks, it took me just under 8 years to do so, it took her all of 2 years.

Men we like to Isolate thoughts put them into Nice neat little boxes and go and get what we need when we need it not dragging everything that it touches with us. Men have many boxes in their minds for many things There is always room for more. But almost any man can tell you his favorite box in all the shelves in the warehouse of his mind is the one that is Empty. A man can literally think about Nothing and Enjoy it. My wife sometimes will ask what am I thinking about, most guys out there know the answer to this question... "Nothing"

Now here is the problem, from my 8 years of study on one woman and the 20 years of interest in others before her, I have learned that the word Nothing has a VASTLY different Meaning. To every woman I have interacted with Nothing means "Something But I am not going to Tell you." and is a personal challenge to them. So far from my experience woman are great organizers even the messy ones, they arrange information in the way they connect to other things, Men like me can see the connections giving us enough time but women get it almost immediately.

The disparity in the way Men and woman process information is why Men will never fully understand women to be honest. Yes the way a guy thinks is simple and easy for women to figure out, but having to chase every connection to a thought for a man just makes them grumpy and gives them Headaches...

Maybe it is old fashioned to think that way but it has not failed for me so far.

CoBaZ

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

For me, generally, unless you've experienced pregnancy and childbirth...and particularly pregnancy...you can "# off..BUT, and I do put it in capitals because it is a particularly big "but" in my opinion, but (again) I read an interview in the New Scientist, some months ago, that, literally, turned me upside my own head. He told me something about myself that, I admit i had suspected, but still, # me, it told me how it was. A man knew more about childbirth than I did , and I've not only done it, I've also studied it...esoterically, anthropologically, physiologically, biologically, evolutionary and culturally...probably in other ways I don't have a name for too... and this guy flipped the whole lot on it's head in summation of a couple of sentences. Mind BLOWN.

Your guy? Just a twat.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jobless1

I judging the situation from an overall stand point not from your personal stand point

your title

this isn't a personal subject and yes there is generalization on both sides but you have to admit feminist have been flinging mud at every man and masculinity in general for a very, very long time if they truly believe they know how to be a man better then men do then im sure there is an opposite. come on lets talk about equality lol
I believe there is a thread started about feminism up on the new threads page or I'm pretty sure its a rant in the rant forums.
I'm not here on this thread to fight about equal rights, or indulge you in a discussion about feminism.
All I will say on the subject, is I have equal respect for any gender that chooses to be a homemaker, while the other partner works just as I have respect for any gender that strives in a work environment. Welcome to the new day, I'm not here to judge people and what they do. My OP is about whether a man can truly understand women better than women know their own selves and the nature of human beings having different chemical/hormonal makeup. Yes hormones play a role in either gender, men have their own inner (and outer) differences.
If you want to start your own thread about whether 'a woman can know more about being a man then men', that might be a good place for your own personal struggles and issues with gender equality and could prove very interesting. I would defiantly check it out.
edit on 13-12-2015 by peppycat because: missing word

edit on 13-12-2015 by peppycat because: added and changed words

edit on 13-12-2015 by peppycat because: flustered

edit on 13-12-2015 by peppycat because: spelling

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Wow!

No and Never ever ever.

He sounds like a major creep and I'm sure other's have already posted as much.

Who goes to a person's workplace and feels up the product?

That right there should tell you where he lands on the crazy spectrum.

Oh yeah, tell creepy dude that if he can figure out a way....he can have my crazy female hormones around "that time of the month" to understand what it's really like to be a woman.

I hate those damn hormones any way....they make me bat crap crazy and I don't like it.

Pregnancy and childbirth....DO NOT even let me get started on that.

Crazy pants can go pound sand ffs! Really? lol
edit on 13-12-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

For me, generally, unless you've experienced pregnancy and childbirth...and particularly pregnancy...you can "# off..BUT, and I do put it in capitals because it is a particularly big "but" in my opinion, but (again) I read an interview in the New Scientist, some months ago, that, literally, turned me upside my own head. He told me something about myself that, I admit i had suspected, but still, # me, it told me how it was. A man knew more about childbirth than I did , and I've not only done it, I've also studied it...esoterically, anthropologically, physiologically, biologically, evolutionary and culturally...probably in other ways I don't have a name for too... and this guy flipped the whole lot on it's head in summation of a couple of sentences. Mind BLOWN.

Your guy? Just a twat.

This is interesting and reminds me of a time I used to have heated discussions with my father about how he believed, men made better fiction writers. I've read alot of fiction by both males and females and in my opinion both genders can suck at or be surprisingly accurate in creating characters of any gender.
I'm curious, how did this man know more about childbirth? Was he a doctor or Psychiatrist? Can you share something he said about you or women in general that a woman wouldn't normally know?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Thought-provoking question...
As it happens, my wife is currently having her period, so I thought now might be the perfect time to put your question to her...

She told me to "Shut The F*** up!"

LOL!!!!

You want me to put you in touch with my hubby?

Maybe you guys can start a support group. lol

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

That obnoxious young male probably thinks he's the next Ron Jeremy or Maury Povich-Hell most young men do think like that.

I laugh at the overtly macho/sensitive men who think they are gods gift to women. I don't talk to women much but when I do I talk to them as a person and not someone I immediately want to mate with after the conversation.

But it takes two to tango-some women are vapid and promiscuous to the point of hilarity. I blame evolution.

So, women are the vapid promiscuous ones are they?

Jeez, now I need to go back to the drawing board and try to reconfigure a lot of stuff. How do you define men then?

Are they the pure and innocent chaste victims?

Man, was I wrong. lol

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat

originally posted by: Anaana

Your guy? Just a twat.

ETA I'll dig out the article and quote correctly...tomorrow.

This is interesting and reminds me of a time I used to have heated discussions with my father about how he believed, men made better fiction writers. I've read alot of fiction by both males and females and in my opinion both genders can suck at or be surprisingly accurate in creating characters of any gender.
I'm curious, how did this man know more about childbirth? Was he a doctor or Psychiatrist? Can you share something he said about you or women in general that a woman wouldn't normally know?

I have to say, I lean towards the guys fiction wise, mostly because they offer insight I don't have, but the ladies, when they're good...phewweee...Maya Angelou...Toni Morrison...Harper Lee and Alice Walker...# on a stick, and Jane Austen, to give my home girls a wee shout, but I have to say, the African-Americans, and Ms Lee, really tell it. And own it.
edit on 13-12-2015 by Anaana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana I was just thinking about female fiction writers after my reply to you. I have definitely read Toni Morrison and was really impressed with the characters, it was a while ago and I was reading out loud to a woman I took care of at the time. I'll have to check out the others you listed, thanks. Another female fiction writer I thought of is Isabella Allende.. I remember being quite taken with her characters...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join