It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News from the 82nd AB

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
This will be kind of short .

I spoke with my brother who Is an 82nd 11 brovo vet.
Assuming he still has contact's , He told me that news came down the pipe that the 82nd was Training and preparing to jump into Russia?

Has anyone else heard about this ?

My brother has been one of the VERY few in my life who's credibility I never question.

I didn't think to probe him about it and ask him where he got the info .....I just assumed it was from one of his contacts that's still in.

I haven't hear anything about this from the news ...but then again I only come to ATS for news and sometimes RT.

So any info would be great !

Sorry for the short post . More as i know it.

Kap.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Training for a potential jump in Russia and actually dropping behind said enemy lines are two quite different realities I would think. I'm sure those Ruskies are doing the same.

Now whether anyone actually plans on enacting such a ballsy plan remains to be seen.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

The worst thing next to a cryptic headline--which is all too common on ATS these days, is a no-nothing thread.

As an US Army vet the word from my quarter is "we ain't going to attack Russia."

So I'll post accordingly.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

The worst thing next to a cryptic headline--which is all too common on ATS these days, is a no-nothing thread.

As an US Army vet the word from my quarter is "we ain't going to attack Russia."

So I'll post accordingly.

Ok . I had an inquiry and came to ATS to seek info. What else was i supposed to do? Sorry my thread was not extravagant and well thought out.

I am a civilian and i don't have access to that kind of info.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Something like that wouldn't leak
There is no way that info would get out
and why would the US go into Russia, what purpose would that serve

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Something like that wouldn't leak
There is no way that info would get out
and why would the US go into Russia, what purpose would that serve

Wish I could tell you.

I am baffled my self.

Thus ,the thread.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I agree with Raggedyman, something like this wouldn't just leak. Wouldn't it be classified?

How would they get into Russian territorial airspace to drop? Russia would not let that happen, wed have another Turkey/Russia like scenario on our hands just this would be USA/Russia, and that's much more serious of an offense? Wouldn't they have to use some kind of stealth helicopter/plane like was used in the Bin Laden raid. And that helicopter was filled with navy seals, not 82nd AB. Wouldn't the use of a stealth helicopter require some kind of classified mission that would use special ops, seals? I imagine the training is much different between seals/special ops than 82nd AB in that seals would be much more prepared for something like this, not the 82nd AB?

What would some valid or reasonable reasons/explanations be to do something like this?

Sorry I don't know much about military so forgive me if this doesn't make sense or sounds dumb, im just trying to make sense of this with my civilian brain. Feel free to poke holes as I would learn from it.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

At a time of high tension there are always training exercise's going on. When I was in the Army many years ago I was part of BOAR "British Army On the Rhine" we were always training to fight the Russians, of course the cold war was still in full flow at the time, with the tension rising in Syria it would not be unexpected for the military to train for a Russian conflict. A sort of just in case scenario and nothing that should really raise too much alarm.

And to be honest, for information you should really ask your brother, although even then he is actually a vet and no longer with the battalion hardly likely to have anything concrete just more rumours

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
nvm lol sorry
edit on 13-12-2015 by C84K2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: C84K2

I agree with Raggedyman, something like this wouldn't just leak. Wouldn't it be classified?

How would they get into Russian territorial airspace to drop? Russia would not let that happen, wed have another Turkey/Russia like scenario on our hands just this would be USA/Russia, and that's much more serious of an offense? Wouldn't they have to use some kind of stealth helicopter/plane like was used in the Bin Laden raid. And that helicopter was filled with navy seals, not 82nd AB. Wouldn't the use of a stealth helicopter require some kind of classified mission that would use special ops, seals? I imagine the training is much different between seals/special ops than 82nd AB in that seals would be much more prepared for something like this, not the 82nd AB?

What would some valid or reasonable reasons/explanations be to do something like this?

Sorry I don't know much about military so forgive me if this doesn't make sense or sounds dumb, im just trying to make sense of this with my civilian brain. Feel free to poke holes as I would learn from it.

Hey you make some valid points here. And I agree.

I'll have to probe him more about this . then update the thread i suppose.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrinceDreamer

At a time of high tension there are always training exercise's going on. When I was in the Army many years ago I was part of BOAR "British Army On the Rhine" we were always training to fight the Russians, of course the cold war was still in full flow at the time, with the tension rising in Syria it would not be unexpected for the military to train for a Russian conflict. A sort of just in case scenario and nothing that should really raise too much alarm.

And to be honest, for information you should really ask your brother, although even then he is actually a vet and no longer with the battalion hardly likely to have anything concrete just more rumours

Makes sens . the only thing i could find on it (news worthy anyway ).

It said the exercise marks the first time the US 82nd Airborne Division has operated in Europe since supporting NATO operations in Kosovo in 1999.

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Your op reminded me of this vid from last week I think ......
... I would have thought they would have already had them set up there before this .

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I have on good authority the rumor around Cambell was Iraq after the New Year. Smoke.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The United States military has strategies for military conflict/invasion of every country/region on earth (yup, even Canada*), this does not mean we are going to invade.

*Unless we run out of potholes, then it is justified.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

When the practice jumping..they are practicing for all scenarios....I'm not buying into a Russian invasion..

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Good info OP.

Has your uncle offered any intel?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Rumors among the troops are almost as bad as rumors at ATS. Training should include fighting any potential enemy.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
As a former platoon leader in the 82nd ABN, I would say this is BS. In the training cycle we invented training scenarios to make routine training more realistic. I remember rumors about jumping into Cuba and we went to Vietnam. That was 47 years ago. If a unit was to jump into Russia it would be the 173rd Abn in Italy.

As the old saying goes, "believe only half of what you see and nothing of what you hear"...that was good advice.
edit on 13-12-2015 by buddah6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2015 by buddah6 because: senility

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
We sure as HELL didn't talk about ANYTHING before we deployed for Desert Shield.
As a Cav unit we were briefed on the situation and expected casualties if opposed etc ,we were under orders to shut the hell up.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I imagine the military trains for all kinds of scenarios all the time. If his contact trained for an imminent mission he would not have talked about it for security concerns.

Also the 82nd is what? 20 thousand? Combat personnel maybe 10.000. To invade Russia? What a laugher. If Nato was gearing up to invade Russia you would see massive movement beyond the 10 fold increase of troops and aircraft deployed to eastern Europe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join