It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Shame n' Judgement Please

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

the same can be said for Climate Change, Islamaphoboism, Homophoboism etc etc etc . . .

There is a direction TPTB want to go. It is one of money (no specific currency needed), one of power over people (no particular political structure needed), one of Control of the masses (all avenues to be used i.e. MSM, Internet and of course fear. Fear of disease, fear of religion, fear of global diestruction)

you see it is already in play.

Great thread.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson
Whether or not you accept the natural laws of the universe

Pray tell.
What ARE the "natural laws of the universe" (sic) ?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

I can only share with you the outer edges of my understanding that scrape upon this reality and cause conversations like these. To define what I feel and witness is not possible.

Pick my brain, thats about as close as you can get without having these experiences on your own

edit on 13-12-2015 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I am for educating people on what homosexuality/transgenderism acutaly is.

Let's leave that for the professionals, shall we?

www.apa.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Some of the words and attitudes in this thread along with HUGE misconceptions and near complete lack of knowledge or experience with transgender children expressed by some here saddens me and quite frankly, as a member of a community with the motto "deny ignorance" longer than my stats would indicate, embarrasses me as well.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I am not shaming anyone. I am for educating people on what homosexuality/transgenderism acutaly is.

Political correctness has a gross way of interpreting truth, which often times hurts, as shame or hate.

But the article you linked, and advocated, used those very words. So what is the purpose of that hate rag you linked to, then?

RE: what you are "for"...as an empiricist and a rationalist, I am going to need to see your evidence to make a determination.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You mean the agenda pushers? I would rather not sift through their website, but if you would like to enlighten me with 'their' definition i would be happy to listen to you, and then likely refute it

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You mean the agenda pushers? I would rather not sift through their website, but if you would like to enlighten me with 'their' definition i would be happy to listen to you, and then likely refute it

The bolded, above, is what is known as "confirmation bias". It is a form of prejudice, albeit prejudicial against information.

I really am interested in what information you have used to come to your conclusions. Conclusions which, judging from the above, are so set that they are immovable regardless of new information being presented.
edit on 12/13/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The link in the OP is satire, i stated that within the OP. I later came to find out that the character he wrote about is actually a true story.

Lets take a look at the human anatomy and their anatomical functions shall we? The male is made for the female, and vice versa. The reason is procreation of the human species, among other things, but every one of us has a different answer as to "what is life all about". Anyway, it is normal and anatomically correct for a male to desire a female sexually, and vice versa. For a male to desire another male sexually, something along the lines of a chemical imbalance is necessary to facilitate those feelings to begin with. I could go into the reasons for the imbalance, like birth defects or abnormal development of certain faculties of the body, but leaving I do not find it necessary as the answer is already spelled out pretty clearly. Transgenderism is along the same lines as homosexuality, in that it is natural since it happens, but out of the norm of anatomical function and therefore a defect.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

You forgot to bold the "
" which is an indication of sarcasm, which answers your question and exempts me from being prejudiced.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Touchy subjects induce the movement of feelings and attitudes. Running from the subject helps nobody. We are here to discuss it. What is your stance? Care to participate?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Are you going to have my posts censored like Benevolent Heretic did?

I know BH well enough to know she's not afraid of what you have to say. If someone handled your posts somehow - I'm sure they had they're reasons

I have no reason to have anyone silence you - I wouldn't anyway. I'm always up for a good conversation - or even an argument. You're not saying anything new, threatening or even all that important

The homosexual creatures...Humankind is coddled by things such as welfare and humanitarian aid, at my expense... By saying homosexuality/transgenderism is a defect I am not spewing hate...

And there we go... I have lost patience however with this sort of thing

I actually am not that interested in having this conversation with you. We'll all carry on without you just fine

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

So you won't listen to the experts... I see.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

A wrench is made to be a wrench, but i can use it to beat on something like a hammer. A tool is a tool that can be used however the user needs to use it.

But that silliness aside, creatures were not made for, or to do anything. That isn't what science tells us. science tells us that nature uses trial and error. It also tells us that as long as it wouldn't be detrimental to a being, it would be bred out.

Thus...if it happens as a part of animal behavior, its "natural". In fact, homosexuality is a characteristic of H. Sapiens (among other animals).

Regarldess of that..i am asking you for the science that backs up your claims. I am very familiar with some of the more up to date and complex findings on the matter, and am curious what has given you these misguided notions.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Touchy subjects induce the movement of feelings and attitudes. Running from the subject helps nobody. We are here to discuss it. What is your stance? Care to participate?

You don't want me to participate and certainly won't be open to what I have to say. Why should I bother?

Discussion? Seems more like a pulpit to spread misinformation claimed to be knowledge or fact or political/religious dogma and rhetoric? If you really want to know where I stand on the matter of transgender children, read my thread Community rallies behind 6 year old transgender girl

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

State their claims, this is my second time asking you. Please.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Asking you to participate should show you that I am interested in your point of view. I see you are attempting to think 'for' me by telling me what I do an do not want, not a great start but I am still open to hear your stance.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I have already stated homosexuality is natural. All things we witness within creation are natural; yet it does not make it 'right' or 'normal' when we use anatomical function as our guide. Downs syndrome is a birth defect, a trisomy of chromosome 21. Attraction is influenced by hormones and the way they influence our consciousness. One can easily deduce, with an education in human anatomy and anatomical functions, that homosexuality and transgenderism is a product of an imbalance within the body. What chemicals? I cannot tell you with certainty, but it should not matter as the writing is clearly on the wall.

You say creatures were not made for or to do anything. Now we are getting somewhere. This stance is philosophical in nature. I believe humans serve a purpose in their existence, and I believe I serve a distinct purpose in being conscious within a human body. This is something we discover on our own through personal experiences. Science cannot even fathom a way to discuss god with certainty, this subject falls into the same category. To know the creator is to know the creation, that is about as close as I can come to expressing truth in its entirety without expressing my experience in a way you cannot understand.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

And there we go... I have lost patience however with this sort of thing

I actually am not that interested in having this conversation with you.

Patience is a virtue, I am sorry you seemed to have lost it. I will be here to respond if you would like to continue participating! Thank you for stopping by my thread.
edit on 13-12-2015 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Does it follow, then, that we need to judge and shame homophobes as well. At least that I consider useful.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join