It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Shame n' Judgement Please

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

I guess my problem lies in the fact that while you see your solutions as somehow "protecting" your child, you simultaneously do away with the rights of the transgendered child, who too, like your child, is in a state of growing, confusion, and developing values.

Would I want my 10 year old daughter to see an erect penis of a 12 year old in the locker room? I'm thinking no.
But I'm also thinking this doesn't mean a sexual assault is at hand.

The school needs to arrange for private stalls for the teens to curtail further uncomfortable situations for all the students.
Perhaps suggest this at a PTA meeting?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Im not sure about the birth defect thing!

In a few years when my nine year old daughter is taking showers in schools I sure as hell dont want here doing so with a boy that identifies as a girl!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson
I will kindly ask you to not use your influence on this forum to get my posts censored this time please.

I don't have any more influence on this forum than anyone else, and if you had something censored, it was YOUR fault, not mine. More victim crap. Are you incapable of taking responsibility for your own actions and thoughts?

originally posted by: DISRAELI
If people are being penalised for failing to meet a particular standard (e.g. by being dismissed from work, suspended from school), then yes, they are being forced.

No. They are not. Facing the consequences of one's actions does not mean anyone is "forcing" you to do anything. If you do something stupid and lose your job because of it, that's simply a consequence of living life. If I act like a total jerk, there WILL be consequences. I am still free to act like a jerk. No one is "forcing" me.

Didn't you learn, when you were a child, that there are consequences for your actions?

This is just one more hate thread...

edit on 12/13/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Children are being forced into sharing a locker room with "transgender" children. Forced exposure to the opposite sex. DISRAELI is right in this case.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
First. Lets get one thing straight. Western society will never accept pedophilia. The reasons should be self evident. So I don't see LGBT leading to legal pedophilia. Ever.

Second. Do you have any idea what it's like to be gay in our society? Or what it's like to be Trans? No? I didn't think so. Neither do I, but I've been paying enough attention to know the hell some of these people have gone through after coming out of the "closet", so to speak. I seriously doubt most would choose to be alienated from family, friends, and society on a whim.
We're going through growing pains as a society. Like so many others we have gone through. What used to be considered aberrant and immoral by the "moral majority" is now changing. Thank god! Slavery was once considered Christian in this country. Treating women as second class citizens, with no rights or autonomy was considered normal, and still is in certain demographics. The list is endless, and disgusting honestly. Nevertheless, we have grown as a culture, and are still growing.

The truth is, we need a bit of PC and peer pressure to change our culture for the better. I'm not saying the PC is always correct. And yes, I agree that it gets out of hand to the point of insanity at times. But it doesn't change the fact that we still have a lot of changing to do as a species. Not just a society or culture. We can no longer afford the luxury of living in a middle-age mindset. It has been, and will be our undoing if we refuse to change.

edit on 12/13/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/13/2015 by Klassified because: formatting

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I would willingly foot the tax bill for someone in a wheelchair to access any building that is built. However, have trouble justifying footing the bill for kids that are suffering from a cognitive or social disorder so they can have a private bathroom. If the child has male sex organs, use the male bathroom. If the child has female sex organs, use the female bathroom.

If the child is truly "trapped within the wrong body", operations exist so they may feel better about themselves. Until then, they have no place sharing the same private space of the opposite sex.

I appreciate your opposing view and the way you express it. My view may seem harsh but this is my stance. I enjoy your view because it does force me to challenge my own opinion, I simply have not been moved enough to be convinced.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Children have always shared the locker room with other children. If you don't want your child to do that, then don't put them in public school. See? You have a CHOICE. If there's a choice, then it's not force.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I appreciate your point of view. Are you saying it is better for a gay/trans to be dishonest with themselves and their families for the sake of their feelings? I disagree with that; "growing" involves facing the truth in order to move forward.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

They made need private stalls in the locker room. (Upon seeing your post edit)

But please bear this in mind. Your child is going to have to live in this world, which has changed since you were in school.

Children react to new situations the way the parent does. If you teach your child to fear transgendered people, then your child with be burdened with your fear, maybe for ever. Do you really want to do that to her?

Are you a parent? Do you have a daughter?

THis "times are changing crap" is crap! Jay jay and pee pee should be segregated in public schools! It is one thing to teach our children to respect all people but it is disrespectful the majority to appease the hurt feelings of a TG to take showers. Set up a shower schedule where their is segregation or something!

Your utopian hippyesque stance is part of the problem!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

My taxes pay for the public school and I have the right to influence how they operate. Boys and girls have always had separate bathrooms and locker rooms.. that should not change.

The poor who can barely feed themselves cannot afford to send their children to private schools. Your argument is does not hold water, sister.
edit on 13-12-2015 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Children have always shared the locker room with other children. If you don't want your child to do that, then don't put them in public school. See? You have a CHOICE. If there's a choice, then it's not force.

Are you dense? Girl's have always shared showers with girls and boys with boys! BIG DIFFERENCE!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

My taxes pay for the public school and I have the right to influence how they operate.

Sure you do. Me, too... Now ain't that a scary thought?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Only if you advocate the forced exposure of the opposite sex upon children. Is that what you support?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I appreciate your point of view. Are you saying it is better for a gay/trans to be dishonest with themselves and their families for the sake of their feelings? I disagree with that; "growing" involves facing the truth in order to move forward.

No. I'm not saying that at all. But many in our society would rather that be the case.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I call them PC folks, and I wholeheartedly disagree with them.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

"If people are being penalised for failing to meet a particular standard (e.g. by being dismissed from work, suspended from school), then yes, they are being forced."
No. They are not. Facing the consequences of one's actions does not mean anyone is "forcing" you to do anything. If you do something stupid and lose your job because of it, that's simply a consequence of living life. If I act like a total jerk, there WILL be consequences. I am still free to act like a jerk. No one is "forcing" me.

You are missing the point of my second sentence in that post.
"Then the question becomes whether the standard being applied is so reasonable that there is no injustice in the coercion".
Supposing I am NOT being a jerk, but somebody has unreasonably and irrationally decided to define my conduct as "being a jerk"? What then?

You might understand the point better if I put the case the other way round.
Half a century ago it might have been possible for someone to lose their job because they were discovered having a homosexual affair.
That would exactly meet YOUR definition of a fair and just situation; given the atmosphere of the time, they "did something stupid", "acted like jerks", and "faced the consequences of what they did".
It would also meet MY definition of "being forced"; the penalties imposed by society were coercing such people into concealing their homosexual affairs.

The only way you can get those homosexual lovers out of trouble is to accept my point that social conformity might be enforcing standards which are unreasonable and unjust.
Once you do that, the question can return to whether modern political correctness might sometimes be doing the same thing.
edit on 13-12-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Only if you advocate the forced exposure of the opposite sex upon children. Is that what you support?

The restroom a person uses is no one else's business. That's what I support. And since you're convinced that something is wrong with sharing a room with someone different, read this.

Debunking Bathroom Myths

Solving an Imaginary Problem by Punishing the Innocent is Unacceptable

The upshot of all this is that fear mongering and legislation against transgender people using bathrooms has zero actual benefit, and many clearly understood consequences that affect both transgender and cisgender people. It's essentially dealing with a non-existent threat by punishing an innocent group of people. Sort of like trying to prevent 5 year old Syrian orphans from conducting terrorist attacks in the US by beating up Sikhs.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Are you intentionally leaving out locker rooms? Locker rooms was the premise of the argument anyway, bathrooms came second.

So do you advocate forcing the exposure of the opposite sex upon children via allowing a "transgender" to use the same facility as non-trans children, or not?

edit: The article you provided is nothing but PC jargon that does not even come close to influencing my current stance. It is still wrong to have unisex bathrooms for children. Where would the urinals go? Do we do away with that technology now?

For someone with such heavy influence on this website your arguments hold no water at all. You average 167 stars per post, according to your statistics, I wonder if that comes with being a shill?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Your utopian hippyesque stance is part of the problem!

Thank you. It's been a while since I've been called a hippie.

I don't want either demographic to be subjected to an uncomfortable arrangement. This is all sort of new to us, and I believe we will work it out in a way that won't cause any of the students to feel uncomfortable. We will find our way, we just might need some time to figure out what is the right way to do it.

~~~ But to ostracize a group of kids and make them feel 'odd-man-out', is not the way to go.

edit on 12/13/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

What a bunch of victim BS. "Oh, no! Political Correctness is eroding our freedoms!" I have never seen a more pathetic group of people than those who blame every GD thing on political correctness! Like you're being FORCED to be politically correct!

Because, you know...go ahead be openly non-PC in today's world.

Let's just see how far it gets you.

Religion
Race
Creed
Appearance
Intelligence
Personal Preference
Personal Belief

This is just a bit of the tip of the iceberg. So, seriously...go ahead....

Address one of the above topics in anything *other* that what is currently considered PC.

Report back to us just how far it actually got you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join