It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun shop owner selling 'Muslim Free Zone' signs in Florida

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think everyone kinda missed the point here, or maybe it wasn't trying to be made. It highlights the absurdity of these "Free-Zone" signs.

They are obviously entitled to that and they are also entitled to be stupid enough to actually believe that a sign will protect their home.

If a Muslim burgles a persons home after they buy this sign will they be able to sue the people selling this sign? After all they are advertising this sign will protect their homes.

Your right, a sign isn't going to do a damn thing to protect anybody. I think that is part of what the gun shop owner was conveying, but I may be/probably am wrong. I would be OK with this sign if it said IED Free Zone (Islamic Extremist Dummy).

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The sign is a novelty item. Novelties and fads have always been a part of American culture. From Osama toilet paper to fart machines to the Iraqi Scud Launcher t-shirts. Garfield suction cupped to a car's windo-w (had to misspell it, it doesn't like the word). Cause support ribbons on your trunk. From the phrase "...more x than Carter's got pills..." to a jab at gun-free zone signs. It's American culture and humor. If you don't understand it then you've been living in a cave somewhere.

It must be nice to be able to sit behind a computer and call people names like bigot and xenophobe when you have no clue where their heart lies. Speaking from ignorance seems to be common on ATS; if you don't know the person, the culture, their heart and their world, you're judging based on your own preconceived notions. Ironic how that makes such a person calling people bigots a bigot themselves.
edit on 15-12-2015 by Freth because: edit: The word "window" is being replaced with a _

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freth
The sign is a novelty item. Novelties and fads have always been a part of American culture. From Osama toilet paper to fart machines to the Iraqi Scud Launcher t-shirts. Garfield suction cupped to a car's windo-w (had to misspell it, it doesn't like the word). Cause support ribbons on your trunk. From the phrase "...more x than Carter's got pills..." to a jab at gun-free zone signs. It's American culture and humor. If you don't understand it then you've been living in a cave somewhere.

It must be nice to be able to sit behind a computer and call people names like bigot and xenophobe when you have no clue where their heart lies. Speaking from ignorance seems to be common on ATS; if you don't know the person, the culture, their heart and their world, you're judging based on your own preconceived notions. Ironic how that makes such a person calling people bigots a bigot themselves.

I hope you right and it is all about humor... otherwise... we live in tumptastick country...

Was listening to NPR on the way to work this morning, and one of trumps supporter explains how only trump say everything he agrees to... and he was not joking nor trying to be funny...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Vroomfondel

This man is a bigot. He has a history of bigotry. He clearly says he sign was made out of fear of Muslims.

“What we are finding is that people are afraid of radical Islam. They are afraid of political correctness,” said Hallinan.

Your fear of bigotry, and the amount of times you mention bigotry has got to be seriously affecting your day to day life by now.

You think you know whats best for everyone, and say it is bigotry if they do not agree ?????

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: phildunphy01
inching closer and closer to nazi germany

This is true, all the people are getting prepared to unleash all the pent up hate and fear they have towards so-called "BIGOTS" and whatever else they are being cooked up to be "Intolerance Against INTOLERANCE".

It is highly entertaining watching them read the playbooks they think NAZI GERMANY used, and beggar all belief to tell themselves they know what and who to watch for.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucentenigma
I really don't get why people are so scared of ISIS/Muslims. The big bad boogeyman lurking in the shadows ready to decapitate us. ISIS are men just like you and I. They bleed when cut and die when shot. They are not superhuman with omnipotent powers, they are just a bunch of pu@#ies using a religion as a pretext to murder people and gain power.

I really thought us Americans where a lot tougher then this. I could never see my grandfather and World War 2 vet caving in to fear like the majority seem to be doing. Being tough means not giving up our freedoms just because some wackos in black clothing with an index finger in the air threaten us.

We aren't.

We have just had it up to the gills that we should be told what to do and how to react to people/situations etc.

This has nothing to do with liking or disliking Islam, and everything to do with being SUDDENLY told we need to embrace everything.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Muslims are just as bigoted. They hate gays, they hate women wearing normal cloths, they are just as conservative as any fundie Christians. The other day, some muslims on facebook called me very bigoted names just because I would not convert to Islam. They called me a dyke because I have short hair and they called me a whore because I wore pants and a t-shirt. They are very bigoted and show their true colors when you tell them you would not convert to Islam and they are worst to women. I do not want those bigoted muslims in my area, they would be harassing me if they are around. People need to wake up, they are against every civil liberty we been fighting for.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join