It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun shop owner selling 'Muslim Free Zone' signs in Florida

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

Sure, college kids can get into fights but if you'd pay attention to the news as of late you'd learn Muslim violence is on the rise. In fact, a little Muslim girl was attack at her elementary school recently while the bullies chanted something about ISIS.

edit on 13-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Fear drives people to idiocy, do you not know this?

(post by DrakeINFERNO removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'd really like to know your answer to the question I posed earlier.

Why would someone feel compelled to advertise the fact they are not a Muslim family?

Beats me.
I just said that through the wording, it could be interpreted as such.

What do you think of my point that 'The Islamic Caliphate' is a 'Christian Free Zone' (as well as a Jew Free Zone, Homosexual Free Zone...).

In fact, the big difference is that in 'The Islamic Caliphate'...you don't get a warning sign; you just get shot, burned, crucified, beheaded...etc.

It seems to me that Muslims have basically historically institutionalized the concept of deadly religious exclusion zones....unless you care to argue that 'The Islamic Caliphate' is not a Muslim-originated concept.

edit on 13-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

So you've never feared anything I take it.

You are so brave!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Fear is a natural thing but are you trying to argue that people never do stupid things because of fear? It's a fact so just accept it.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you've never feared anything I take it.

You are so brave!

The only thing I fear is my wife... Can't think of nothing else even when I'm in Afghanistan or Iraq... Thinking about this again, one of my neighbors is kind of evil, but then he is like 80 and has a walker so I think I can out run the mean bastard.

edit on 13-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

What is worst is fear destroys freedoms and rights....everyone should think about it the next time they say what is wrong with giving up a few rights for security?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Fear is a natural thing but are you trying to argue that people never do stupid things because of fear? It's a fact so just accept it.

I never said that. You were the ones calling the idiots because they were afraid, because they have concerns that may not be getting addressed.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Everyone has concerns except for those that appear to know everything.

People react from those concerns. But some seem to focus on the reaction rather than the actual issues that created the reactions.

(my wife scares me too, sometimes)
edit on 13-12-2015 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The point of this thread is to show how much of a bigot this gun shop owner is and continues to be.

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. But the real question is, why does one bigot trump another? Notice I said Trump? hardy har...

but seriously, if I made three signs...

1. No Muslims
2. No Christians
3. No Satanists

Pounded them into the ground and covered up 2 & 3, what do you think the response would be from passers by? "You hater, you bigot, you racist". Then suddenly I yank off the covers for signs 2 & 3. Whoaa!!! Gotta love life's paradoxes when the shoe fits.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
We have multiple agencies, as do many other countries, working around the clock trying to prevent the next attack by radical islam. People are afraid of terrorists. That is the terror part of terrorism. Its not that hard to figure out.

No one looks at that sign and thinks it is actually going to work in any way. Its a tongue in cheek commentary. There are so many more things deserving of attention and ire than this. But the pc police cant let this slip by without latching on and choking the last breath out of free speech.

You are as free to think the joke is in bad taste as he is to say it. Just because I would not put one in front of my house doesn't mean I wont defend someone else's right to do so.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

What do you think of my point that 'The Islamic Caliphate' is a 'Christian Free Zone' (as well as a Jew Free Zone, Homosexual Free Zone...).

I think it's a red herring. You're deliberately trying to take the focus off of one thing and project it on to another.

In doing so, you create the idea that both the "Muslim-free" sign and the Islamic Caliphate are somehow equal or similar. Both are rooted in ignorance and hatred, but while you try to justify the "Muslim-free" sign by proposing it could be interpreted as "this family in non-Muslim", you condemn the other for being "deadly".

That doesn't seem logical to me.

I don't think the two are comparable, but if that is the line of thinking you want to use, you are only defending the bigotry of those that agree with the "Muslim-free" signs by shoving the focus on to the bigotry of another.
edit on 13-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I really don't get why people are so scared of ISIS/Muslims. The big bad boogeyman lurking in the shadows ready to decapitate us. ISIS are men just like you and I. They bleed when cut and die when shot. They are not superhuman with omnipotent powers, they are just a bunch of pu@#ies using a religion as a pretext to murder people and gain power.

I really thought us Americans where a lot tougher then this. I could never see my grandfather and World War 2 vet caving in to fear like the majority seem to be doing. Being tough means not giving up our freedoms just because some wackos in black clothing with an index finger in the air threaten us.
edit on Sunday0000002015-12-13T11:32:41-06:00America/Chicago1231America/Chicago123211 by lucentenigma because: (no reason given)

edit on Sunday0000002015-12-13T11:33:11-06:00America/Chicago1231America/Chicago123311 by lucentenigma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

It's called ignorance, enjoy it, embrace it..it suits a lot of you.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Yep there is no law against being stupid in the United States.

Selling 'STUPID FREE ZONE' signs would make a fortune!

cCopyright

ETA: Ooops...I left Muslims out...they were already covered.

edit on 12/13/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It is what it is...

He'll gain a few customers, he'll lose a few customers...

Que sera, sera...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

The walker is probably just a front. Be afraid, be very afraid!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Exactly. Patriot Act comes to mind.

Hey America, let's trade in our freedoms and rights for the illusion of security all brought to you by fear!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Everyone has concerns except for those that appear to know everything.

I think concerns and fear are very different. With concerns you work the path of least risk, but with fear you do little and let others dictate your path.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join