It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun shop owner selling 'Muslim Free Zone' signs in Florida

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

The context is that it is a sign made to sell to bigots.

Plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The context is that it is a sign made to sell to bigots.

Plain and simple.

Well I get that part obviously... but I don't get the "home" part.
If it said "This street" or "No Muslim callers" or something then it would at least make sense.
Maybe it's a type of sign that's popular in America but makes little sense in the UK?

Hmmm

Maybe I'm asking too much by expecting sense from intolerant, moronic bigots.
edit on 13/12/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

This is made for someone to hang on their wall at home, or display on a shelf. That sort of thing.

It's like the little signs that say "This is a Chevy house" and things like that. It is meant to display their preference towards, or dislike of, whatever is on the sign.

In this case, Muslims.
edit on 13-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yeah, that's all very obvious and no one is saying to take away his rights of free speech. I'm pointing out what a bigot he continues to be. Just as he can advertise what a dick he is, I can point out just what a dick he is.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Actually, it could also be interpreted as: 'The Family living in this home, is not a Muslim family'.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Kandinsky
Just as he can advertise what a dick he is, I can point out just what a dick he is.

Pretty sure that sums up how most decent people feel. Thread closed.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I think many here are missing the point.

Sure, some guy is selling them. But he wouldn't, if people weren't buying them. People are afraid, whether real or imagined, people are scared. No one is addressing their fears, everyone from politicians to internet heroes are downplaying terrorism threats so people, average people, regular people, react.

This is just a reflection of their concerns.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Actually, it could also be interpreted as: 'The Family living in this home, is not a Muslim family'.

Why would someone feel compelled to advertise the fact they are not a Muslim family?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Ok, playing devil's advocate, would you care if there was a christian free zone sign? How about a religion free sign? How about an Atheists only sign? What about.... a pastafarian sign?

It's just a sign. Not the end of the world and if we can bash Christians like we do so well since, well, forever, then?

Here, let me be a real devil's advocate. All organized religions suck

edit on 13-12-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
inching closer and closer to nazi germany
edit on 13-12-2015 by phildunphy01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
i saw someone driving with a calvin peeing on my colleges logo. how dare they be bigot d bags.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Swills

Ok, playing devil's advocate, would you care if there was a christian free zone sign? How about a religion free sign? How about an Atheists only sign? What about.... a pastafarian sign?

It's just a sign. Not the end of the world and if we can bash Christians like we do so well since, well, forever, then?

Here, let me be a real devil's advocate. All organized religions suck

There's already a 'Christian Free Zone' it's called the Islamic Caliphate .

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'd really like to know your answer to the question I posed earlier.

Why would someone feel compelled to advertise the fact they are not a Muslim family?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I already stated in my OP I would care, although I didn't use Christian as an example. The real question is, if a Muslim gun shop owner declared his store a Christian free zone and made stupid shirts and signs how would you feel. I doubt he'd okay with it.

The point of this thread is to show how much of a bigot this gun shop owner is and continues to be.
edit on 13-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

College rivalries are apples compared to hating on a particular religions orange. Maybe you should go back to school to learn some perspective.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This all started when he declared his store was a Muslim free zone and its devolved into this because he does have fellow idiots who share his ideology.

I'm sure he's a huge Trump supporter.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Oh you'd be surprised. See: Trump & his supporters.

So thread not at all closed.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

That's actually hilarious! Is it surprising he doesn't have a proper grasp of the English language?

(post by DrakeINFERNO removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: DBCowboy

This all started when he declared his store was a Muslim free zone and its devolved into this because he does have fellow idiots who share his ideology.

I'm sure he's a huge Trump supporter.

I don't think people are idiots because they are concerned and afraid. I think that the people you call idiots are just regular people who are expressing their concerns the best that they can.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join