It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun shop owner selling 'Muslim Free Zone' signs in Florida

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

So this sign only promotes bigotry.

Yes it does. But please, all the liberals here who are angry, remember, this is a freedom of speech issue, so be careful how many tears you leak out. Wouldn't want any hypocrisy to show.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Yes it does. But please, all the liberals here who are angry, remember, this is a freedom of speech issue, so be careful how many tears you leak out. Wouldn't want any hypocrisy to show.

It doesn't make me angry, nor do I shed a tear over it. This sign only reflects on the shop owner.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
just to be clear the guys who worship a black rock and force women to wear full body suits are the educated and the ones wanting to keep distance from that nonsense the uneducated?

(post by TheWonderkid removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: network dude

It doesn't make me angry, nor do I shed a tear over it. This sign only reflects on the shop owner.

Alright, cool, that's 1 vote for not angry. Later, when they compile the poll numbers, I'll be sure your opinion is noted.
edit on 13-12-2015 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
There are a bunch of people on this thread saying the sign was created and is being purchased out of fear.

I have to say, I read the sign and I cant imagine anyone thinking, "I am afraid of muslims but if I buy this sign and put it in my yard they will stay away..."

Is the sign offensive? Of course it is. But saying it was created out of fear is taking it far too seriously. I put it right up there with, "Nuke the whales".

This is just capitalism at its finest.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And here's poster #2 bringing some partisan BS to the thread. Free speech was already covered on page one. No liberals here shedding tears so keep your assumptions to yourself. Btw, what hypocrisy are you talking about?
edit on 13-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

This man is a bigot. He has a history of bigotry. He clearly says he sign was made out of fear of Muslims.

“What we are finding is that people are afraid of radical Islam. They are afraid of political correctness,” said Hallinan.

edit on 13-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

For a business owner, taking a political or personal belief stance and publicizing it, affects your business. Not everyone prescribes to the same beliefs, so by putting up that sign he's offending potential customers. Not just Muslims but people who perceive it as bigotry. People who are offended will take their business elsewhere. I would think he's in the business of making money, not turning away customers.

The guy should take a class in Marketing 101.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Metallicus

You can make your own, you know.
It's not copyrighted.

actually it was copyrighted the moment it was created

derogatory name

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWonderkid

I imagine the educated people are the ones not propagating negative religious stereotypes and intolerance of others by way of displaying such signs.

As to worshiping a black rock, hows that any different than worshiping a cross?
edit on 13-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: TheWonderkid

I imagine the educated people are the ones not propagating negative religious stereotypes and intolerance of others by way of displaying such signs.

As to worshiping a black rock, hows that any different than worshiping a cross?

no those are the feckless

its not

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

In a free country, you're allowed to be the biggest dick on the block.

His neighbours can put signs up saying 'No morons allowed.'

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Here's yer sign! !! Don't be surprised if these start showing up in local restaurant and businesses. ... just saying

Land of the Free ( or waddev)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The most hilarious part of this whole sign is that without the hyphen, it doesn't even mean what they think it means.

With the Hyphen...Muslim-Free Zone or Zone free of Muslims

Without the Hyphen: Muslim Free Zone or Zone where Muslims can be free...or are free.

edit on 12/13/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Since the guy is a gun shop owner, he is probably attempting to make a few bucks by parodying 'GUN FREE ZONE' signs.
I think it's inflammatory and stupid...but, probably, the guy selling them is, as well.

Ironically, GFZs tend to actually draw terrorists and crime, as a 'Gun Free Zone' sign basically advertises the area in question as an unprotected 'Soft Target'.

I find the whole 'Free Zone' idea as moronic as 'Safe Spaces' on campus. Stupid people do stupid things.
edit on 13-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yep there is no law against being stupid in the United States.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Yep there is no law against being stupid in the United States.

Selling 'STUPID FREE ZONE' signs would make a fortune!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I imagine one could not keep up with demand in this country.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I don't get it? The sign says "This home is a Muslim free zone" I mean, are Muslims going around trying to preach to people on the doorstep or are they gaining entry to people's homes by pretending to be Christian and then revealing that they're really Muslim?

I don't get the context.

edit on 13/12/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join