It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Weather

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
63 here near st louis.... Record for today here was set in 1948 @ 69, plenty of 70 degree days here in 70's.... Hopefully they dont do anything knee jerk here in reaction, because we have a solid trend of warm winters followed up by brutal ones.. Warm stuff in 70's was followed by one hell of a winter in 78-79 with a 105" snow record for the season

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well, here in middle TN, the forecast is for another warm but cloudy day. The high should reach about 70. I used Nashville as my search city.

I started thinking about what the other member said about El Nino years so, I researched a little...

I then found this (IMO) a cool site for tracking climate although it didn't go back as far as I would want...

You are able to put in your data (within their parameters, of course) and see the past statistics for your area.
Ye wise members of ATS probably already knew about it (the climate website) but, I did not so...
I learned something new today!
Although it does feel unusually warm and the children are wishing it would snow just a little as they say "It doesn't really feel like Christmas". History shows we are about "normal" here.
I have no complaints! I would be just as happy sitting on a beach with a fruity little drink and a candy cane umbrella.

I agree with the above poster who said (to the effect) "If this is GW, bring it on"!

We DO usually "pay the price" for this warmer weather toward the end of Jan and Feb.
edit on 13-12-2015 by TNMockingbird because: see above

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Heading out to the office this AM, scrape the ice of the windshield, plenty of powder on the Mountain and a spectacular red sunrise. Time to adjust the bindings on the "Fats" and head to Taos.... 12" base.

www.skitaos.org...
edit on 13-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I hear ya!!!..this is alright...I have a feeling we are gonna pay for this in January. ..where are you at?..I'm on the western side Gogebic County😃..

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Or maybe it's cold some years and warm others and in the middle others. That's not weird. You can't look at weather in such a small scope of time.

I grew up outside - family of birders and hunters

I'm looking at the weather in an area where I have lived my entire life. I've been watching the weather since I was a kid - same as people that are older than I am

If you know what's normal you easily recognize what's off. Even if we want to say that this is just part of the normal changes that are bound to happen in a changing world - it's still off according to my personal experience

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teeky
61 degrees here in Detroit. Which is way above normal for this time of year. I don't ever recall it being this warm in December here in southeast Michigan. As a matter of fact it has been above normal for a month now. I guess it's el nino or global warming. I'm not complaining, but still it's a little unsettling

My 62 year old MI-native mother does, as well as my 73 year old MI-native dad, and my late 80-something MI-native grandmother used to tell us about spring-like snowless MI Decembers in her day once in a while, too.

Just because you haven't seen anything like it until now doesn't mean it never happened for other generations. My grandmother's favorite way of putting that in perspective was "In my 60/70/80 years, the weather has never stayed exactly the same."

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Here in Southwest Michigan it's in the 60's as predicted because of El Nino. I bought my first Harley about 1980 and remember a bunch of us riding on Christmas day and that it was nice. That year Easter was colder than Christmas. Nice to have a year off every now and then.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dewittup
a reply to: rickymouse

I hear ya!!!..this is alright...I have a feeling we are gonna pay for this in January. ..where are you at?..I'm on the western side Gogebic County😃..

Negaunee area.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
i'm freezing my chestnuts off. constant rain. not too xmassy

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
i'm freezing my chestnuts off. constant rain. not too xmassy

What were you expecting in December up north?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

i'm freezing my chestnuts off.

Just don't roast them over an open fire. I don't think it would feel very good.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starling
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Has no one here heard of 'Climate Geoengineering'?

Or 'Stratospheric Aerosol Geoengineering' (SAG).
Or even 'Solar Radiation Management' (SRM).

Please inform yourselves.

www.geoengineeringwatch.org

Then look up in your skies.
This is being done by your government, whichever country you live in, without consent from the public.

Read the whole site, before you decide to go into denial of what's going on.

I'm not here to start an argument.
It's important to know what is being done to alter our atmosphere and our biosphere, for very questionable reasons.

What we're experiencing now is not uniquely 'Anthropogenic Global Warming'; however anthropogenic it certainly is and is definitely not to our advantage.

Interestingly enough, if you look into geo-engineering from the other side of the spectrum, (the peer reviewed science side), you find that it's not been implemented yet. They are still discussing the ramifications of what might happen if they did start. Couple that with the inconvenient fact that SRM would take place well above the level of flight contrails form, you quickly learn that if they did start SRM, we wouldn't know until we were told.

But if you ask anything like that on the site you referenced, your post will be removed. So truth isn't really as important as spreading fear.

This is weather. El nino can create some strangeness.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Its winter in the uk, exactly as it should be.

How do you people know its weird weather?
How long have you been alive?
long enough to build a huge database?
No!

You only say its weird because you've been taught to think that ANY change is "weird"

What would be weird would be if it stayed the same for a very long time!

Not so long ago we used to say "That was a bad winter" or "That was a good summer", but now? now any change whatsoever is described as weird and therefore must be due to GW.

Global mass brainwashing is more like it!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Its winter in the uk, exactly as it should be.

How do you people know its weird weather?
How long have you been alive?
long enough to build a huge database?
No!

You only say its weird because you've been taught to think that ANY change is "weird"

What would be weird would be if it stayed the same for a very long time!

Not so long ago we used to say "That was a bad winter" or "That was a good summer", but now? now any change whatsoever is described as weird and therefore must be due to GW.

Global mass brainwashing is more like it!
what part o f Britain are you in cos it's far. From winter in the southwest!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It's been pretty warm. But, in saying that, the hottest day of my life so far was when I was but a wee young'un. It was twenty-two years ago and the sun was high! The day was hot! And I got a lovely sunburn that hatched freckles upon my face forevermore! (If i remember corrently, which I probably don't, was apparently 45ish - 113ish)

But, yeah. Pretty different here. Just had a week of high 30s (high 90s) and then two days of 20s (68ish? So sayeth the Google Temperature Translator) My weather website tells me it should reach 30 today and be nice and sunny. Good. I have laundry to do.
Best get to it before a cyclone decides to say hello.
edit on 13 12 2015 by kaelci because: spelling error

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm thoroughly enjoying El Nino this year.

What little bit of snow we do have is melting... I just wish it would stay this way all winter, but I'm not holding my breath.

It's been a nice break from the usual -30 celsius temps and 5 foot snowdrifts.

edit on 13-12-2015 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Here in south east Wisconsin it is 43 F and raining. normally around 30 F in the day and cold at night with snow. It was like this during the last EL Ninio the year of Katrina

edit on 13-12-2015 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Heard about this one the news the other day. The temperatures are far above normal, it's really weird.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: supermagma
Heard about this one the news the other day. The temperatures are far above normal, it's really weird.

So is snow in Florida, but it's happened before. Seen it firsthand in S FL. Nothing like living across the street from the Gulf of Mexico and seeing snow collecting on rooftops. In the tropics.

Not really related, but I'm so glad we moved out of FL (in MI now) I don't miss living in a boiler room for a peninsula. Lived there 25 years, since early childhood. It was always miserably hot, save for the few weeks in winter it got/gets slightly cooler.

edit on 12/13/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

It was in the 70s today in Kentucky.

That's warm, but we have oddball warm days/weeks every winter.

We have been here a year now, ky/TN border and I don't remember it being this warm last year when we moved in. But then we were moving, so it was hectic. I'm not complaining though, it's lovely!

I know it's warm in KS too, and it is usually 30s there by now

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join