It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Weather

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Long Island, NY:
Normal this time of year, it's cold by now. It's not at all uncommon to have enough snow accumulation that we don't see the ground until spring. It was in the 60s until two weeks ago. Then got down to the 30s in the morning/at night, then the last week, it jumped back into the mid-high 60s. I've had my windows down on my way home from work, after dark, every day for quite a while now. The last few days I've even been able to leave my apartment doors and windows open. According to the 10 day forecast, it's not going to change any time soon.
I must admit that I enjoy not being cold. But at the same time, it's really messing with the wild life. Can't even go duck hunting because they're to content and don't want to migrate.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Starling

starr for you....you're darn right we're getting pelted.....I'm just adding God into the equation, betting on the school of thought...that He invented this scenario......aannddd We'll get through it, I read this in 1965...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Been in the low 70s here today. Same for tomorrow's forecast. I was just commenting on the weather to my kids. It's not often here in Kentucky that people can view Christmas lights in shorts with the Windows open.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDpvc

Long Island, NY:
Normal this time of year, it's cold by now. It's not at all uncommon to have enough snow accumulation that we don't see the ground until spring. It was in the 60s until two weeks ago. Then got down to the 30s in the morning/at night, then the last week, it jumped back into the mid-high 60s. I've had my windows down on my way home from work, after dark, every day for quite a while now. The last few days I've even been able to leave my apartment doors and windows open. According to the 10 day forecast, it's not going to change any time soon.
I must admit that I enjoy not being cold. But at the same time, it's really messing with the wild life. Can't even go duck hunting because they're to content and don't want to migrate.

I'm in Rhode Island and having similar weather. It's weird for December to be having open windows!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

There's a pretty large high (of moderate intensity) covering Canada. You've got a mild front moving through but it doesn't look like it's going to do much.

I don't pay a lot of attention to CONUS weather maps so I can't say how unusual it is but it would seem to indicate pretty mild weather for the next week.
www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If this great weather is from global warming then more global warming, please!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Good question--I did some quick research on NOAA webpage. Temps for early/mid December were above average--about 8-10 degrees, with the last several days now, in 2015, being anomalies (about 20+ degrees warmer). However I did not that the monthly wx maps for Dec 97 as having SW PA above normal, but central PA well above normal. Our current wx seems to be uniform very warm across midAtlantic, while Dec 97 shows warm air much further east of Allegheny Plateau, and less warm (but above avg) west.

The interesting part will be the date of first snow storms across midAtlantic and how long it will take Lake Erie to freeze. Jet stream bring cold air south over warm Lake Erie water can bring monster snows to Buffalo; but a more westward track can also pound the Rust Belt (w PA most of OH and eastern IN) . So far, this elNino, NO snow in Buffalo, Cleveland or Pittsburgh or locations westward.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

This. I'm in Brisbane and it's Hot. Just hot. All the time. This years winter seemed way shorter, but I feel like my tolerance for the heat is getting worse. We spent a fortnight in New Zealand Nov/Early Dec and it was lovely, back to QLD and just - hot.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

Jet stream bring cold air south over warm Lake Erie water can bring monster snows to Buffalo; but a more westward track can also pound the Rust Belt (w PA most of OH and eastern IN)

The jet stream doesn't actually bring cold air south. Its location is determined by the position of the interface between arctic and temperate air masses. It's the location of the air masses which determine the location of the jet stream, not vice versa.

The jet stream does move moist air from the west to the east however, so moisture carried aloft over the pacific can influence weather over the CONUS. The further north, or south the jet stream, that's where more precipitation would tend to occur.

edit on 12/13/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Snow like you'd expect, but March snow - not December snow

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

You only say its weird because you've been taught to think that ANY change is "weird"

Maybe you just say it's not weird because you don't want to accept the many, many (many...) anecdotal reports coming in from all over saying it's weird

:-)

I think that's kinda weird

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

You only say its weird because you've been taught to think that ANY change is "weird"

Maybe you just say it's not weird because you don't want to accept the many, many (many...) anecdotal reports coming in from all over saying it's weird

Or maybe it's cold some years and warm others and in the middle others. That's not weird. You can't look at weather in such a small scope of time.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Or maybe it's cold some years and warm others and in the middle others. That's not weird. You can't look at weather in such a small scope of time.

South central Wisconsin here. I've lived my entire 52 years here and yes, there have been some warm winter days here. I remember my mother and I taking a break from cooking Christmas dinner, standing outside in our aprons admiring a 60 degree day the year Mount St. Helen blew. There have been a few occasional warm ups, but winter is damn cold and snowy normally. About 5 years ago, temps stayed in the 30s to 40 s for most of the winter, then the polar vortex for 2 years, now another warm winter in pretty much the 40s. Warm winters that close together is not the norm for this area.
edit on 12/13/2015 by Cheddarhead because: typo

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

It's warm, but that's because a big storm is coming in. This coming week the temps will plunge down into more seasonal range.

This time of year you can always tell when a big storm is coming onto the plains because the temps will get higher, and with El Nino out west, it just makes a bit warmer.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I'm just south of Memphis TN and went shopping yesterday in shorts and a short sleeve shirt. Though it's not the first time it's been warmer this time of year. But suppose to be cooling by mid week or so. Personally, I like the warm weather

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It's not necessarily all that unusual to be warmish clear into January before the actual hard winter sets in.

But to me it seems that if anything, winter sets in later and spring arrives later as if the seasons have shifted rather than there being less winter.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It is going to be almost 70 here in northern New Jersey. I hope it continues like this until March since I did not enjoy shoveling my roof again last winter.

edit on 13-12-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I keep seeing people go "This Winter" in their posts.

Winter hasn't started yet. It's still Fall.

Anyways, pretty normal here in the SE so far: Some days rainy, some days sunshine. Some days it get's up to high 70's and some days it doesn't. Some nights it gets all the way down to the 30's and some nights it doesn't.

Some cold snaps here in November and so far into December.

The real cold doesn't normally set in until January and Feb. around here. Those are also our best times for snow.

So yah...pretty much normal so far and the same as the last 26 years that I've lived here.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Mid 60's here in the middle of Hellinois. Hit 70 yesterday. Cleaned the garage in shorts and tank top.

Never seen it this warm before, but I'm only 39.

We had our worst blizzard here in '79, I'm liking this much better! Sucks for hunting though.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Yeah..I'm in the Western UP of Michigan...the snow belt....it is raining right now...have trace of snow on the ground....ski hills are normally going quite well by now...haven't opened yet...last year at this time we had about 86 inches by now...I'll take this over those artic polar vortex s !!...those are fun😕..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join