It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stopping Terrorist Attacks - a purely political problem

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Kukri

If Americans want to keep their "gun culture" (poor term but it gets the point across) you should make firearms safety courses mandatory in every high school to be refreshed every year.

Alright then lets make people take speech safety courses mandatory.

Then after that make people take voting safety courses mandatory.

Since constitutional rights get to be defined by the mob without so much as an amenable reason.

Really! You're equating lethal weapons to free speech and electoral decisions.

I've never seen anyone die from poor linguistics or bad taste in commenting nor a bad choice at the voting booth (excluding electing Dubya twice)

Hell lets stop teaching drivers ed or pilots licensing they aren't in the Constitution but I'm sure it's violating your rights to freedom of choice.

You could take the warning labels off of products and medications after all people don't need to be educated about any possible dangers.

Maybe you're right. Just issue a handgun to every Man, Woman and Child I'm sure Darwin's Law will work everything out.

edit on 12/12/2015 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

I've never seen anyone die from poor linguistics or bad taste in commenting nor a bad choice at the voting booth (excluding electing Dubya twice)

Words do kill, and so does the wrong choice at the voting booth.

Thought the last 15 years would have been ample proof of that.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That is why I don't do Facebook and the only place I post is here in ATS, people can lose their best friends do to differences in opinions.

But believe it or not the issues of radicalism, terrorism along with gun control since San Bernardino is all over, even here in the south you can not have a conversation without falling into those issues.

We are civilized people we should be able to talk about this problem in America without losing our best friends, and know when to stop before going over the board.

But at the same time we should be able to express our worries, fears, yes fears and anger regardless, but still knowing when to stop.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
my 2 cents. its more of a culture and philosophical matter. Why aren't christians crusading and killing heretics? simply because christian cultures in the west have secularized and moderated. It's true to say violence is easier to justify in Islam than in Christianity or even Judaism, but the fact that a non-violent Muslim can exist means it's not impossible. Whether Islam can be fundamentally be reformed like modern western religions, is a valid question and probably our best shot at ending islamic extremism in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I don't carry because I'm afraid.
I carry so I don't feel like I have reason to be.
I'm 130lbs soaking wet w/spinal damage that prevents me from running and I good hit would take me out or leave me paralyzed.
My options to protect my wife and myself are.....?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I fail to see the point of this, other than a 2nd dick swinging but if you REALLY want to talk about terrorism, my thoughts have been clear. Stop creating them. Get out of the ME.

Okay I will get on the phone right now and pull the troops out. And nice language, from a moderator. Young ones come on here too..

Pcg

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Asktheanimals
I've noticed that most mass shootings have been in gun free zones. I've given up trying to tell anti 2nd amendment people that though because they will not hear it. Anywho, good luck on the thread. I hope you're wearing fireproof undies because I have a bad feeling that you're going to get flamed.
ETA: I found this video for you. You might find it of interest.

Although I have already known all of what she speaks in the video, she lays it out very well. Nice find.

Pcg

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

In the best of worlds Islam would be the religion of peace.
Can it reform itself and weed out the radicalism?
I know our middle east policies egg the problem on.
It's been designed that way to produce extremism.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Of course, in Israel every citizen is required to serve in the military for three years after they graduate high school too. So, they have an armed populace, but everyone is also thoroughly trained in the use of those guns along with having those three years of military discipline.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Islam was belligerent long before we were ever there.

In fact, it was Islamists who caused the first war the US ever fought. "To the shores of Tripoli ..." ring any bells?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

It's as if they think that removing "Gun Free" signs will suddenly cause a rush of armed people to enter those places.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Is too late for that, radicals are all over the world and in every country, waiting for the right moment.

We just have to learn no to become their victims when they get their call of whatever agenda they may have.

Oh, so sorry. You lose Marg. You've succumbed to fear. Thus the terrorists win. Doesn't anyone except the Italians get this?

Who has succumbed to the fear? Naming the thing we face is not being fearful; it's being realistic.

If I go surfing in SoCal during certain times of the year, am I "succumbing to fear" if I admit there could be a Great White Shark in the surf? Or am I simply being a realist?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Is too late for that, radicals are all over the world and in every country, waiting for the right moment.

We just have to learn no to become their victims when they get their call of whatever agenda they may have.

Oh, so sorry. You lose Marg. You've succumbed to fear. Thus the terrorists win. Doesn't anyone except the Italians get this?

I absolutely loath that argument. So the idea is that to NOT let the terrorists, people, women and children, should put their lives in jeopardy on a daily basis. Make victims of them; put them on aircraft, drop them off at the mall, encourage them to go to the multi-plex movie theater.

That argument is bizarre and ludicrous. Every citizens first obligation is to take care of themselves, not to intentionally place themselves in harms way. Like it or not......things are going to change. They're already changing as shoppers switch from bricks and mortar stores to doing their holiday shopping on the internet. If and as these attacks continue and escalate in frequency, teaching people how to keep themselves safe will become very important.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

a reply to: marg6043

Marg, we go back a LONG way. Reread that. Is that not fear?

Do not confuse preparedness with fear lest you sacrifice many rational actions at the alter of denial.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join