It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

String/Multiple Universes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'm really interested the the string or multiple universe theory...I was wondering if anyone could give me a good explination with some details about this theory.

Thanks!

[edit on 1/6/2005 by UnMature]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
i watched a PBS special and it said that there are 11 dimensions, and quite possibly an infinite number of parallell universes right next to one another, or super-universe. sting theory suggests that if an atom was our solar system then a string would be a tree, and they are not strings at all but multi demensional tubes that sow and mend the fabric of the universe accordingly. im sure you can tell im no astrophysisist, i just find these kind of topics absolutley fascinating.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Multiple universe theory - an interesting one!
My english is not good enaugh to make good summary, but this link might be interesting for you perhaps...
enjoy

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I recommend you to check out the web site of Jean-Pierre Petit, a great french Astrophysicist, well known in ufology. You will find lots of informations about his works in cosmology and twins universe. URL is jp-petit.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Here are some threads you might want to look at:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's more if you search for "string theory" on this board.

The PBS special is called The Elegant Universe. I've seen this as well and it is an excellent show. You might want to look at the specific section called Viewpoints on String Theory.

Michio Kaku is considered the co-creator of String Theory.

String theory is really an extension of Einstein's Unified Field theory. An attempt to unify Quantum mechanics and Relativity.

Just check the threads because its been discussed in detail here already....

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Here is my brief synopsis of M-theory, the current version of string theory.First we will start with the string. The current thought is there are two types of strings. Closed loop strings, which mainly make up gravitons, and open ended strings, which pretty much make up everything else.

The Closed loop string. Currently, it is believed that closed loop strings mainly make up graviton particles responsible for, can you guess? GRAVITY! I say mainly because there is something else a closed loop string can become. It can strech out as wide as our universe. Imagine it like a big plastic sheet. This sheet is called a Membrane, or 'brane' for short.

Open loop string: The open loop strings are the building blocks of everything else. They are not actually open at the ends. They are connected to the 'brane' at each end forming an upside down U.

So now we have this enormous sheet, or 'brane' with an uncountable amount of thes strings attached in an upside down U configuration.

Now you have to understand that the current line of thought with physicist is that there are more than 3 demensions. For M theory, there are 11 of them. Each demension could only be a millimeter away from the next, yet we would never be able to see or interact with it accept through gravitons. Another subject all together.

Anyway, each demension or degree of movement, is contained within one of the above mentioned Brane. So now we have these branes next to each other looking something like sheets hanging on clothlins back to back.

Now imagine the enormous amounts of energy contained within each brane. More than we could ever harness. this is where the big bang comes into play. These Branes are undulating like sheets in the wind, and occasionally, they touch, or collide. The Big Bang is the result of the collision of the Branes.

[edit on 1/6/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The Quantum physics many worlds theory works like this; The smallest measurement of time is a point in which time is next to being stopped, for each of these points of time there is an infinant amount of other universes created, string theory holds that everything is made of energy string.

new topics

top topics

join