It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darwin Awards: Sex Differences in Idiotic behavior

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Not that I don't think Men are less prone to 'idiotic' behaviour because as a guy I have seen this phenomenon occur countless times.

Yet, I do not feel this study shows anything about the intelligence of men or women. This is a behaviour study and the word idiot is being contextualised to actions and not the male gender.

Here is a discussion of the study you posted

The authors acknowledge that their sample may be a little skewed because of selection or reporting bias, but points out that the result clearly demonstrates a sex difference in idiotic risk taking.

Saying that guys are idiots because they take more risk than women is absurd. The used data collected by the Darwin Awards, and one of the sources for the article was a book called Women are from Venus and men are idiots which kinda makes me wonder about so major biassing.

Men take more risk than women, but gender should never be used as a basis for intelligence. To me, this would be no different from taking a study of middle school test from poor black communities and rich white communities in order to prove that white people are smarter than black people.

Gender, age and race should never be factors that are used in making judgements about people. I will concede that men, based on evidence, are more likely to act like idiots but that does not mean, that in general, men are idiots.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

just another thread that turns one on another. its sad

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
♫ Tis the season to be sexist, fa la la la la la la
Hating men because of your exes, fa la la la la la la la
Post a thread on ats, fa la la la la la la la la
Time for your privilege to be checked,
Fa la la la la la la la... ♫

new topics