It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Administrators: Get Rid Of Star Wars T-Shirts Because They Depict Weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I guess we should have seen this one coming.

Can You Feel It? An Awakening, The Derp Is Strong in the Schools!

No depictions of light sabres or storm trooper lasers allowed.

Local News Video At Link:

news.yahoo.com...

7th grader told his Star Wars shirt isn't allowed in school by KABC – Los Angeles 1:58 mins A 7th grader in Rosenberg says he was forced by school administrators to cover up his Star Wars t-shirt because it depicted a weapon, even though it's fictional.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

There are about 100,000 public schools and nearly 30,000 private schools in the US. In a group that large, there's bound to be several insane morons.

The idea that one or even one hundred examples of this points to a concerning trend that "we should have seen this one coming" is irrational. How does this headline work for your purposes?

129,999 out of 130,000 School Administrations Support Students Wearing Star Wars Shirts Featuring Cool Future Weapons!

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I disagree with this ban.

#blackstormtrooperlivesmatter

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
That's a school decision isn't it?

Or do you want big government to start dictating whether this is the right/wrong decision?

Can you feel it?

Not really.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I fail to see which part of the OP called for the government to come in a override anything.

I think the OP was calling the school's zero tolerance policy moronic, but maybe that's just me.

Could you please quote the part of the OP that calls for big government action?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I disagree with this ban.

#blackstormtrooperlivesmatter

Thankyou Agustus, that's the first beer spray on my new monitor.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Maybe they're trying to force the issue.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Wow we used to run around the school yard with toy blasters and light sabres.......

May as well just get rid of play time a d turn it into a social justice leason......
edit on 12-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
'Episode VIII: Star Whiffleball."

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It's the same kind of thing policy that got a kid suspended for chewing his pop tart in the shape of what the teacher thought looked like a gun.

It's called zero tolerance, and it leads to most of these insanity stories you hear: kindergartners getting suspended for sexual harassment because they gave someone a peck on the cheek or a hug, kids getting suspended because they made a gun shape with their thumb and index finger, stuff like that.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
We better ban pictures of brick houses and factories because bricks can be used as weapons. Better include stone walls as well because people get stoned to death in Arab countries. Might as well include cars and trucks as well since people have been killed from being in an accident.

I just love liberal logic.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I remember a small town in TX banning spongebob from their schools because IT WAS GANG RELATED.

Still dunno how.

I figured spongebob had more homoerotic overtones than gang related violence?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

They did the same thing when I was in high school because I wore a vandals shirt that had an AK on it.

BS then and BS now.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Who wouldn't ban tshirt of a fictional person who is a terrorist/insurgent, uses guns/weapons, is in a religious cult, believes they are above the law.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

May my favorite fictional villain of all time, Lord Vader, force joke the stupid out of them.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Who wouldn't ban tshirt of a fictional person who is a terrorist/insurgent, uses guns/weapons, is in a religious cult, believes they are above the law.

At first I was against the administration's decision but now you've convinced me of its validity!

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
There is stupid, but this is a special kind of stupid.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
That's a school decision isn't it?

Or do you want big government to start dictating whether this is the right/wrong decision?

Can you feel it?

Not really.

Public Schools are government. This is a government intrusion the OP says should not happen. OP calls for LESS intrusion. You twist his post into asking for more.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
We got within a few hundred votes of replacing the school board superintendent with a senior in the high school the year I graduated, running on the 'rock and roll' ticket, whose total ad campaign were some bumper stickers we got printed up.

No one much votes for the board members or superintendent. Generally just teachers. If you look at the voter turnout for these bozos, it's incredibly light.

If a quarter of the parents just voted on this, they could take control of the school board next election. Problem solved.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

And the best solution. Schools should be a tool of the people, not the government.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join