It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned UN climate deal blow to fossil fuels: green groups

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
What will the response be when we stop emitting CO2 and the earth warms anyway? There are natural cycles that have been known for a long time that say we go through climate change.

If this is all that important, get ready for all nuclear power or freeze in the dark.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The Senate still has to approve it to make anything here legally binding.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Desperation is the mother of invention. It's high time we got off fossil fuels and maybe this is the kick in the pants we need to roll out cold fusion, hydrogen fuel cell technology, etc.
What's your thoughts on harvesting hemp for energy needs?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

Desperation is the mother of invention. It's high time we got off fossil fuels and maybe this is the kick in the pants we need to roll out cold fusion, hydrogen fuel cell technology, etc.
What's your thoughts on harvesting hemp for energy needs?

Actually one of the aircraft companies has a prototype fusion engine thats should be ready to roll out in 5 yrs. it will be th e size of a truck but thats better than the russian versions. Point is COST to adapt them to normal useage. And these also occur at room temperature to start their reactions and if containment is broken immediatly shut down.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

A fusion reactor could run the process the Navy has developed which converts sea water to hydrocarbon fuel that can replace fossil fuels. The cost to produce a gallon is half what it costs to produce the equivalent in fossil fuel. Such a setup would be carbon neutral.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

With the recent passing of the TPP could this possibly be a way to true corporatocracy by allowing corporations to sue governments into bankruptcy? I smell something amiss other than "climate". People running the show (big oil) just would not roll over and let this happen so easily.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
We should just shut off all electricity in the country and stop all manufacturing. None of us need to be on the internet we are just fueling global warming climate change. The government should round up all vehicles in the U.S. and take them to the Grand Canyon and dump them in there and then cover it over with dirt.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: yuppa

A fusion reactor could run the process the Navy has developed which converts sea water to hydrocarbon fuel that can replace fossil fuels. The cost to produce a gallon is half what it costs to produce the equivalent in fossil fuel. Such a setup would be carbon neutral.

You need manufacturing to build those and that would cause pollution. We need to go back to candles and horse and buggies.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

You need manufacturing to build those

Job creation.

that would cause pollution

Would that be more or less pollution compared to continuing fossil fuel waste?

We need to go back to candles and horse and buggies.

Go ahead.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

You need manufacturing to build those

Job creation.

that would cause pollution

Would that be more or less pollution compared to continuing fossil fuel waste?

We need to go back to candles and horse and buggies.

Go ahead.

Why do you hate mother earth so much? Do you know how much electricity you wasted replying to my post?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I wasted my time on it too. Point?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I wasted my time on it too. Point?

Stop killing mother earth with your constant questions on the interweb.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackcrowe

I'm showing my ignorance here. But, does this mean they've just waged war on the Saudi's?
As they're the ones who drove the price right down recently.

Actually if I had to bet it will hurt Russia and Iran more than anyone as this is implemented..

Had a manager friend who works off shore in S.E. Asia. He and 17 other managers went for a meeting last month and only 8 walked out with still having a job.

As long as the electric bills only triple and you can still pay for the power at the end of your plug what is there to worry about (sarcasm)? All the taxes collected by the sale of gas will be made up in other ways in the far future.. Probably on water consumption (has to be found and pumped not to mention made safe for drinking) or the air you breathe... gotta keep those taxes coming in, absolutely.

Anyone know what China is saying or doing about all this ? They use more coal for power than the rest of the world combined ? Just wondering for without them this is all B.S. and just the latest control mechanism for first world wealth distribution.

LOCAL COURTS, LOCAL INTERESTS

Local governments, on the other hand, are rarely keen to see local firms – valued as employers and taxpayers – hauled before a judge, and generally do what they can to protect them from scrutiny. Earlier this month, for example, police in Ningde, a city in Fujian, detained two young volunteer activists investigating a pollution case and accused them of prostitution because they were sharing a hotel room.

And in many parts of China, local authorities control the local courts. “The courts are not independent, and that is a constraint on the potential” of public interest litigation, worries Professor Wang. “If the courts are too influenced by local governments, the instrument won’t play out as it should.”

In some of the 22 cases he has filed this year, says Ma Yong, “the local authorities were on the phone trying to pull strings and block our suits even before I’d got back to Beijing.”
news.yahoo.com...

I guess we can all go back to pedal power and bicycles.. That would certainly get everyone off the land and crowed into the cities; close to a job...if there are any jobs to be had..

TPTB forgot one thing when they started dumbing down the population.. It makes everyone dumb including their heirs.. All I can do is say, "Thank you great Skyfairy for making me old and almost dead already"..... I had a great run at life, my daughters have too... the grandkids and their children, well, good luck...
edit on 12-12-2015 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Ah yes. The Russians will suffer too. They're entire economy depends on it. Especially with the sanctions forced upon them. A desperate situation could easily get out of hand. Although i do think Putin has been quite diplomatic in his actions since the ousting of the Ukraine government. Its as if he's been being pushed into a corner for a long time.
I hope he keeps his restraint. But, how much pressure can someone take before they blow?
And yes. Its all a waste of time if China won't commit to a reduction.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Paris climate talks unveil final solution, hope everyone enjoys living in caves

The Paris climate talks have mostly wound to an end. There are still a few details to clean up over the weekend, but we’re being told that representatives from hundreds of nations have come together and are prepared to release their final agreement on how to save the world from climate change. Or maybe not: even as of this morning nobody seemed to be able to agree as to whether or not there was an agreement. (CNN)

Politicians from around the world actually managed to pull off the greatest scam the world has ever seen.

I say again POLITICIANS.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Oh look people the World Bank is happy!

Kim told The Associated Press in a phone interview that he was "in a bit of a shock, a happy shock" after the deal was gaveled on Saturday.

The Latest: World Bank chief 'in shock' after climate deal

What's that tell you ?

If t hat isn't foreboding I don't know what is.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think this is actually a move to prop up the price of fossil fuels and stop the downward spiral.
By restricting them they create artificial scarcity and voila! Prices rise again.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The Latest: Palestinians to join climate change convention

The Palestinians say they will submit to the U.N. secretary-general their instruments of accession to the global climate change convention.

Does this mean the Palestinians are going to finally give up blowing stuff/people up with rockets, and bombs that give off nasty green house gases or other toxic stuff ?

edit on 13-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Does this mean the Palestinians are going to finally give up blowing stuff/people up with rockets, and bombs that give off nasty green house gases or other toxic stuff ?

That might be a definite improvement. Perhaps it's also why knives have become so popular lately.

As for restrictions on greenhouse gasses go... yay. We might all breathe a little easier and health care costs decrease in the future. Personally, I always thought air quality had a lot more to do with the prevalence of lung cancer than cigarettes or second hand smoke. You know... PC arguments blaming only smokers and all.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

originally posted by: neo96

That might be a definite improvement. Perhaps it's also why knives have become so popular lately.

As for restrictions on greenhouse gasses go... yay. We might all breathe a little easier and health care costs decrease in the future. Personally, I always thought air quality had a lot more to do with the prevalence of lung cancer than cigarettes or second hand smoke. You know... PC arguments blaming only smokers and all.

You think a bottle of asprin is exspensive now. wait until the fix is priced into its cost. Thes e poloticians are all traitors,and like i have said before traitors who deserve traitors deaths.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join