It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned UN climate deal blow to fossil fuels: green groups

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
While some of you are cheering this. You soon won't be. What it means is all of us are soon going to be paying higher prices for goods, and services. Exponentially higher prices. People should be careful what they wish for you just might get it.

With the stroke of a pen Big Oil has been destroyed, much to the satisfaction of many. So now what ? Gas is going to be higher, and people will need it until they can afford a 'brand new' car. Gas ? like LP, and natural gas used for home standby generators, back door grills, and heating. That is until the government subsidies come along for in ground geothermal heating, and cooling. Well that is if you have the space. Electricity bills those are going to be so awesome!.

"This marks the end of the era of fossil fuels. There is no way to meet the targets laid out in this agreement without keeping coal, oil and gas in the ground," Boeve said.

Planet Accord

This is just such wonderful news!

Hell the sell off of fossil fuels. Gas and Oil companies just obliterated a large percentage of your 401k,and Ira, and other government pensions.

But hey 'We gotta save the planet' people!

Even if you all end up without a pot to snip in.

Oh, and don't think Opec is going to sit back. Get ready for increased terrorist activity.

After all there are only two main exports from the Middle East. Oil, and terrorists.

No more oil ? That leaves Terrorists.

Ok that last part might have been a little too much cause no one believes alternative energy/ terrorism is related. Except me.

Feel free to ignore that last part.

But pay close attention to that first part.

And start watching the meter rates rise, food prices rise, prices of EVERYTHING start rising.

Anyhow that's my opinion.

But hot damn people BIG OIL is finally dead.
edit on 12-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes I was writing in some threads these last days about how the consumer would have to pick up the tab.

On one level it is a big leap forward in terms of world diplomacy and the nations working to common goals. Yet on a world level there is a possibility to make a lot of money. It will be corporations that handle it all of course, not governments. The profit margins are staggering.

Lol, watching it happen right now, real time!

All kinds of new legislation will be required. All the participating states (practically all the wealthier nations and most others) will adopt the same kinds of legislation at the same time. This is real NWO stuff. The golden egg of excuses, ohhh yes give it to me, somewhere over the rainbow jackpot, yee-haw of a world excuse.

"Peaches!!!"

edit on 12-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
We do have to save the planet though, we can't eat or drink or breathe Gasoline or money or oil.

We'll all be okay. FEAR is future events appearing real. The world hasn't collapsed yet. We're okay. Prepare and live your life in this moment.

This is great news for us.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So I wonder what the Federal Government, and States government are going to replace the GAS tax with ?

After all no more cut off the top for something that will no longer be sold.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I agree. We have to do something to propel us forward on new energy solutions.

One of the talking points that has been used for decades is that we have to let the oil companies transition to new types of energy production because they have the funds to do so and they will be affected the most. Perhaps this is a good way of motivating them to get off their asses and work on new ways to make money from energy.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I'm showing my ignorance here. But, does this mean they've just waged war on the Saudi's?
As they're the ones who drove the price right down recently.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ooooo! Shiny pony!
Damn the consequences.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackcrowe

I'm showing my ignorance here. But, does this mean they've just waged war on the Saudi's?
As they're the ones who drove the price right down recently.

Pretty much.

They have been trying to kill off fracking, and shale.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Also. How long has this been planned for?
1979 UK. Maggie Thatcher voted as PM.
Through the 1980s she closed nearly every coal mine here. As well as other disgusting things. But, we're still sitting on a massive seam of good quality coal here that hasn't been touched since. Was this forward planning?
edit on 12-12-2015 by blackcrowe because: year adjustment

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Wonder when the world's population will figure out they are next on the hit list?
The energy producers will not be able to keep up with demand. Green energy can't do it yet.
That's when the demand will be cut, that means us.
Remember those smart meters we got to help us keep track of usage?
Enjoy the rationing...it's coming.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
We do have to save the planet though, we can't eat or drink or breathe Gasoline or money or oil.

We'll all be okay. FEAR is future events appearing real. The world hasn't collapsed yet. We're okay. Prepare and live your life in this moment.

But Oil and coal, and gas is used to make those things,deliever those things.

Create those things.

This is absolute terrible news for us.

$20 bucks a for a gallon of gas for those too poor to buy a new car.

$20 bucks for a gallon of milk.

$30 bucks for a pound of meat.

Absolutely terrible.

Fossil fuels is what makes cheap prices possible.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Time to start farming hemp now. As it can do everything oil does. And more

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That's one way to turn something positive in to negative...Pest or cholera...

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Wonder when the world's population will figure out they are next on the hit list?
The energy producers will not be able to keep up with demand. Green energy can't do it yet.
That's when the demand will be cut, that means us.
Remember those smart meters we got to help us keep track of usage?
Enjoy the rationing...it's coming.

Yes, there will be quotas of some sort undoubtedly. Anything over that will cost an arm and a leg (and another leg, too).

There will be a carbon tax of sorts. Carbon is the way it will be measured. I think carbon will end up as the anti thesis of gold, the less you emit the less you pay.

In other posts I have touched on the way that richer nations might be able to buy up poorer nations carbon credits which means those poor nations with greedy leaders will be starved of their energy needs because their quota has been sold. Big possible area of abuse this.

Also, the poor people of the world will pay more for their energy generally because they will be the ones using the dinosaur fuels that cost so much while the richer people have their ingenious ways of making energy and even selling it. I have been watching this happen for a few years in my own area where solar farms and solar households get to sell electricity even and make cash were as people like me who don't have roofs, gardens or the financial resources to install this technology have to pay top dollar for electricity. Rich people can go somewhere warm for winter, poor people can't. It is all entrapment.

All foods and goods will be taxed in some way or other. Of course the manufacturers and distributors will be taxed, too. It is a levy that can be applied to every area of human activity that leaves a carbon foot print.

My own imagination is pinging on ways the corporations and their government power brokers can exploit this.

It is the jackpot of jackpots. The business side is one end and the other is legislation and new laws that will be applied to most of the world. It will slowly bring the nations together as being under one set of world governing legislation.

Huge implications.

Do you really think that all of nature's woes can fit into the box of carbon footprint? You are naïve if you do. It is an excuse, a world business opportunity and stealth legislation on a world basis. It will be milked for every last drop this sacred world cash cow.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Create those things.

Absolutely terrible.

I got a feeling these governments will start being over thrown when prices get to high to afford for th emajority of people. And also WHy in hades are we even going to follow this? it has to be ratified and put into law by congress and the senate to be legal.

link   

Hmm...Higher prices or a hostile environment?

If we continue on the current path, there will be less land to cultivate and that will drive up prices of food-that's not fear- that's a reality we need to address.

As the saying goes 'one cannot expect infinite growth on a finite world' and we need to think about that. Eff 2020 goals, eff 2050 goals-we should be considering the fact that this is the only planet we have and Mars and Europa may not be our savior if our planet is done for before we get there.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Create those things.

Absolutely terrible.

You are grabbing those amounts out of the air. That simply will not happen.

I have no idea why it is such a painful fight to get change on reducing fossil fuels. How many more years should people argue about it. 10? 20? 30? Until every single city is so full of smog you have to wear a mask most days--that is already happening in some cities.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Hmm...Higher prices or a hostile environment?

If we continue on the current path, there will be less land to cultivate and that will drive up prices of food-that's not fear- that's a reality we need to address.

As the saying goes 'one cannot expect infinite growth on a finite world' and we need to think about that. Eff 2020 goals, eff 2050 goals-we should be considering the fact that this is the only planet we have and Mars and Europa may not be our savior if our planet is done for before we get there.

The Earths environment has ALWAYS been hostile. This idiocy in France(why am i not surprised its france) will cause mor eissues than it will solve. Its a huge power grab by the left to control everyones lives(except theirs mind you)
I say maybe we should support all peoples who think government especially the UN should walk a plank into pirana infested waters. Stuff liek this is why quotes liek the tree of liberty needs to be watered with blood of patriots and enemies alike.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You are grabbing those amounts out of the air. That simply will not happen.

Sure it 'won't.

I have no idea why it is such a painful fight to get change on reducing fossil fuels.

Mainly because there is NOTHING out there right now that delivers as CHEAPLY.

But we 'need' to push a technology that depends on the climate to work.

Where as fossil fuels work 24/7 regardless of the weather.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Do you really think it will stop people driving cars?

Have you seen the figures of how many new cars and drivers come on to the world's roads each new year and how many new roads are being built?

All it will mean is that poor people get priced out of many activities and utilities. It is already happening to me where I live. There are single mothers I have heard of who go without electricity sometimes because they can not afford to charge their electric meter keys.

I think it is a huge scam in many respects as another way to take money off people yet this time on a world scale. The poor will be again paying for the rich to live in luxury, and the rich will look at them as dirty and dinosaur like because they use dirty fuel and pollute the earth when it is no fault of the poor, but lack of ability to afford clean energy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join