It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ksitigarbha, Majestic Earth King of Vajra Freedom

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
karma is a very complex nexus... the simplest term for it is action. of course what action? the action or movement of the body, speech, or mind which has 3 directions positive, negative, or neutral. those 3 are the karmic generators. its as if one is constantly throwing stones of different sizes into a pond. the rightly self awakened while in form is like a still pond that only reflects reality on its calm surface like a mirror. the deluded in samsara are like a shattered mirror from the 3 generators from actions of causation...

there is no way to eliminate all karma only lessen it through wisdom and understanding... this is where te concept of wu wei or non doing non striving arose from. intentionally generating positive karma in body, speech, and mind can aid in better circumstances in the future but not erase stones already thrown into the pond... one has to actually make an effort to climb in and carry it back out by seeking out those you have hurt and sincerely explain your ignorance if one is overcome with feelings of guilt that cannot allow one true peace over the event... yet it still does not erase that action even if it has dissapeared from ones mind.

worse yet is the idea that it equates to eye for an eye tooth for a tooth or what goes around comes around... as it is not some divine system of punishment. it is more like adding fuel to a fire or constantly driving in circles without stopping to find ones bearing... this cycle is called the cycle of becoming and it is the very first chain on the wheel of life. meaning it is what keeps one bound the cycle of life and death from actions of greed, hate, and ignorance in body speech and mind.

meditation stills the body, speech, and mind. dana and sila cannot purify karma only exhaust it. if one thinks of a scale... karmic debt is loaded all on one side and when we meditate it is a practice to bring balance to ones body, speech, and mind. instead of the mind running wild like a monkey grasping at every sense experience...may see another and think... look at that blankety blank, then say to someone else look at that blankety blank or hey you blankety blank, then possibly assualt the person they feel is a blankety blank... one can see how karma has unfolded from action of the mind to the speech and into the body as action... just thinking it is a subtle form and saying or doing is a gross form, still a pebble none the less.

so when we practice... one of the first things someone notices is all the ripples or shatters that do not give a clear picture of anything other than disturbance. at the end of practice there is only a calm abiding nature with a clear view of reality and an understanding of each ripple one once had and can see its reflection in others... this is knowing the mind or enlightenment and something only constant practice can bring about... so it takes karma to cultivate the very ground from which enlightenment springs.

karma is not an enemy... plant the kind of seed you wish to harvest the fruit of and eventually the condition for enlightenment ripens... one does not have to exhaust all karma to achieve enlightenment but with full enlightenment one understands the complete arising and passing of karma. this could be equated to the end of karma but it is actually seeing its effect moment to moment knowing exactly from whence it came in ones past action of body, speech, or mind.

mantras are a meditation tool... they cultivate concentraition that can lead to absorbtion or samadhi and eventually shunyata/enlightenment. they are a very good tool for those easily distracted by thought... problem is the practice will eventually stagnate from attachment to a particular mantra that the meditator cannot let go of to experience absorbtion or the void... this is a common issue among not only devotees in hinduism but with transendental meditation (TM) as well.

such mantra practice is also good for those with a tendency towards faith and belief in religious practice. it however does not lead to insight or wisdom of the path as vipasana does... just tranquility if the practitioner stays true to their constant repetition during all activities. but to go beyond using mantra and experience the uncreated void absent of all arising and passing of karma... one has to take the proverbial leap from the 10,000 foot pole as zen refers to it.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fevrier
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And here's a mental trip for you.

What if it is possible to, as you say, windex karma away.

And simply begin from a pure state of presence and potential.

Without being, internally or externally, affected by past actions.

What if those past action, let's say, not as terrible as killing, do try to impinge upon the present, but have no power and no effect. Like a weak breeze. The actual karmic load having been purified, even if others are clinging to said ACTIONS OF THE PAST (***ominous sound effects***), you have let go and are performing actions in the present based on a completely different state of mind and being.

It IS possible, and this kind of "windexing" is very auspicious, and I very much prefer it to clinging.

Their are those of us who see this system of karma as incomplete and in need of erasing itself.

What say you that this system has entirely spawned by an accident but is not repairable or full success can ever be found in said flawed system, and that we see the Avatars and the like as keepers that must be destroyed.

And I am not kidding about this, we are coming to erase EVERYTHING.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Fevrier

What if I told you that I do not need anything at all to work through Karma, and have ultimately seen past it, beyond it, and every which way unimaginable around and through it, and have decided when the time is right to expose the real factors involved in such a way that terribly wounds all that it has worked for.

Why? How?

That is complicated as well, but let me say that I have experienced Purity, in a fashion those who revel in the karmic system cannot ever experience, nor imagine.

If it is necessary, and it looks like it surely will be, the REAL illusory nature distortions will be smashed with a single thought, and surrounded in its own gravity well of SELF, until the compression leads to something fantastic, the death of all that wishes only for death.

AKA KARMA.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You do have free will, very much tempered by a myriad body-mind factors.

AKA Karma.

Sorry, my foul-mouthed friend, I do not believe in karma. To even contemplate that there is some sort of cosmic scale that balances out your past actions with your future actions is, for me, comically absurd.

Interesting, the higher levels of Masonry discuss these very beliefs at length, in fact they have the exact same source.

Are you saying that you disbelieve your own Masters ??

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

What if those past action, let's say, not as terrible as killing, do try to impinge upon the present, but have no power and no effect. Like a weak breeze. The actual karmic load having been purified, even if others are clinging to said ACTIONS OF THE PAST (***ominous sound effects***), you have let go and are performing actions in the present based on a completely different state of mind and being.

It IS possible, and this kind of "windexing" is very auspicious, and I very much prefer it to clinging.

Their are those of us who see this system of karma as incomplete and in need of erasing itself.

What say you that this system has entirely spawned by an accident but is not repairable or full success can ever be found in said flawed system, and that we see the Avatars and the like as keepers that must be destroyed.

Sure, you're going to erase a flawed system that has been running for billions of years because you say so, and without even explaining how. Ever wonder why it's always a "we will do" and it ain't already done? Just like politics, they'll always "fix the world" but always later, never NOW.

edit on 15201559amk2015 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: yosako

Sure, you're going to erase a flawed system that has been running for billions of years because you say so, and without even explaining how. Ever wonder why it's always a "we will do" and it ain't already done? Just like politics, they'll always "fix the world" but always later, never NOW.

The flawed system is thought. Thought wants to fix the world - thought produces the problem and then thought tries to fix the problem.
What if the system of thought was examined (observed) and realized for what it is?

edit on 20-12-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: yosako

The flawed system is thought. Thought wants to fix the world - thought produces the problem and then thought tries to fix the problem.
What if the system of thought was examined (observed) and realized for what it is?

For me, quieting the mind and so never did anything productive.
If it ever did, why no one doesn't exactly know in a way that can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, what the heck is really happening?
edit on 15201522amk2015 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Interesting, the higher levels of Masonry discuss these very beliefs at length, in fact they have the exact same source.

Are you saying that you disbelieve your own Masters ??

They do? Which 'higher levels'? What specifically is said?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: yosako
It is impossible to quiet the mind - but it is possible to see thought happening.
That which is observing the mind is silent.

Thought happens, everything happens but there is no one doing anything.

edit on 21-12-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

I say good luck and your expression is not yet clear enough for someone who would have seen primordial purity.

You still got issues with seeing through "SELF". Not do you have anywhere near the power to smash "Avatars", which I presume Ksitigarbha would be one of, in your view.

Good luck.
edit on 28-12-2015 by Fevrier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Very possible to quiet the mind.

Countless beings have done it.

You're spreading nonsense.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Your view is correct for your level of practice, which is non-tantric.

You are utterly and completely wrong on mantra. Mantra is not a meditation tool, but a perfect mental essence, which in fact goes way beyond "attachment to practice". The samadhi of mantra naturally cuts through stagnation and always leads to emptiness. It's automatic. Enough samadhi and practice with mantra always results in emptiness, unavoidably.

Hence it's not an issue.

Mantra is always endlessly superior to vipassana. Vipassana is small vehicle, Mantra is the Supreme Vehicle. And it also automatically leads to insight and wisdom. In fact, there are specific mantras for that.

How you get your ideas I do not know.

In fact, the greatest power of mantra is that is leads to full enlightenment right here, without any kind of leap-over. Vajra Emptiness is a constant, everywhere, no need to leap into anything. It is the nature of everything, including absorption, so there is nobody to be absorbed through absorption into something called emptiness. That is merely relative emptiness. Vajra Emptiness consumes the very body that is practicing, into Vajra Emptiness, and that is the point of practice, cutting through to Primordial Purity directly. This is the great power of mantra, that its samadhi is always Vajra Emptiness.

Vajra Emptiness is not an experience, or something which can be experienced by an experiencer.

Stop spreading nonsense.

And yes, KARMA CAN ABSOLUTELY BE PURIFIED OR ERASED. Simply by resting in emptiness it happens, no need to seek out people and ask forgiveness. With mantra samadhi it is infinitely more powerful, and karma is indeed PURIFIED.
edit on 28-12-2015 by Fevrier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I just PM'd you my home address. I promise that after I bilk, erm, I mean help, you I will get my karma erased so it makes it all good.

I may even go to confession too, just to cover my bases

You simplistically try to discount things you know nothing of - in a like manner that you accuse some christians of when they enter the "I am a mason ask me anything" threads. Reverting to jocular condescension; why is that?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Trying to go back to your initial post, I am a spirit having a physical experience - aka these lower planes. I am starting to suspect, insomuch as one can at these "levels" that Karma is just an eastern flavour of the christian/moslem "everyone is born of sin".

It plays well into a mindset that keeps Man in fear of his/her true potential, it seems like the "lords" of this Earth have been around a long time, the rules of karma and ageing don't apply to them. They get to have their cake and eat it too.

you words;

erase their karma and join the beauty and permanence aspect of the world

See I have a problem with this. This world is beautiful and ugly at the same time - nothing is permanent, just movement, ebb and flow of energy. How do I know I'm not giving my power over to another demiurge by the simple act of chanting in a forgotten language?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

You ask good questions and you ask them with a good spirit.

The first difference that comes spontaneously to mind when I contemplate karma and sin, is that sin is a lower level reactive contemplation born of the Feeling aspect of mind combined with the various substances of the body (substances of consciousness, ultimately). So it's a muddled, very unclear, very desire-based concept. When I say reactive contemplation, I mean someone contemplating existence and having a reaction that is deeply based on the Feeling mental skandha (mental aggregate), and since his nature and contemplation are desire-based, it involves a lot of the substances of the body in an unconscious manner.

Karma has to do with process and activity, and it refers to the totality of one's activities, that is, the totality of the process of one's presence, as appearing in Mind and Body, through all mental aspects and all body essences, as well as not appearing yet, though present through seeds of consciousness.

So it is the totality of presence as seen through the aspect of process, the process skandha.

It has nothing to do with Lords and demigods. When you visualize Lords and demigods or gods or any other beings as karmic beings, so born of the process of karma and appearing within existence as beings who confuse themselves for actual beings and confuse existence for actual existence, then these are beings who are fully within karma.

They do not actually have their cake and eat it too. It may seem to you that way if you were to witness one or another of the episodes of their life, but it is like seeing a particular scene from a movie. When a god dies, the anguish he feels is that of the extinction of essences far more powerful than those of a man, and a mental pride far more stuck, so it is a suffering equal to the enjoyment he had. And then who knows what he will be reborn as.

And so on, examples can be many, the point is that as long as you do not cultivate fully out of the illusory karmic process, there is no actual safety, no having your cake and eating it too.

If I were to say Ksitigarbha is Lord of something, Lord of the Earth Element, or I say he is King of Vajra Freedom, it is meant in a transcendent manner that regards with great joy his primordial state of being fully outside of existence, a Vajra being, a Wisdom being utterly at rest in the Nature of Mind, never confusing phenomena or appearances as being independent objects and having own existence, but naturally abiding in the primordial samadhi and appearing within existence, out of Vajra Compassion, without ever actually being within existence in any way. Not bound by any karmas, but fully at ease within karma, with no difference between Samsara and Nirvana.

And I could go on, describing endlessly.

The real point is the world is not ugly. There is no world. No actual beings. The Vajra Body is the body of Mind, the primordial structure with energy channels and cakras and so on, the sublime structure of the five elements, over which karma accumulates various illusory bodies, again and again, rebirth after rebirth. The Vajra Body is not something which appears by way of existence, so appearing beings, which appear to exist, are just aggregations within the Vajra body.

To the actual Vajra Body, there is no world, only the play of the five elements within Vajra Mind.

So in this sense Ksitigarbha gets to have his cake and eat it too, but it is an internal cake, a fully primordial cake, not dependent on taking anything from anyone, and an endlessly giving cake, because the Nature of Mind is also HeartMind, Bodhicitta, which is of the nature of compassion and endless giving.

Again, I am describing in very short words here.

The point is Emptiness, Vajra Emptiness, the basic space of Mind in which this play seems to be occurring.

You have no actual power to give. You are a karmic process, with some beauty and some ugliness, and of course, since you requested this explanation and did want to hear it, you have good spirit, and qualities, and that is indeed power, but in the sense of having power to "give away to" a primordial being like Ksitigarbha, which is archetypal and appearing in all possible universes, that is simply ridiculous.

It's the other way around. Mantra is archetypal, it is yours, by way of nature and essence and samadhi, by way of emptiness and Mind. It is everyone's. Anyone can become Ksitigarbha, and ultimately have to. By gaining the Ksitigarbha samadhis through mantras, and ultimately the samadhi of his dharani, and then fully cultivating this body into a Vajra body, you become, ultimately, no different, in presence and activity, in accomplishment and compassion. That is, of course, the ideal of practice, and the essential Vajra reality of mantra, in relative terms, it is not achieveable immediately by all beings, though as my article points out, the various intermediary benefits for all beings are literally endless.

Read your own signature in regards to giving someone an object that is easily consumed, and giving someone an inner tool.

If you read my article, Ksitigarbha is the archetype of pure everlasting presence for the sake of all beings, of being there in the hells and in the heavens and everywhere in between. To become free you must make your destiny into the freedom of all beings. This is the meaning of Bodhicitta, and also of Vajra, and of Emptiness.

You have nothing to give, other than that, and in realizing that, then you realize everything as internal, as pure, as the permanence and beauty aspect of the universe, which is Vajra, which is Bodhicitta, which is Emptiness.

There is no movement. That is appearance. But there is Vajra movement, which is Mind, which is inner, which is the endless inner concentration of compassion, which is Vajra Emptiness, the play of plays, and all these can appear externally in countless ways, but to one who is in the Primordial Samadhi, they are not even appearances.

THAT is the permanence aspect.

And it's not an aspect. It is everything.

As for forgotten languages, Sanskrit is not forgotten. It is the root of all other languages, from old irish to latin to german to this language we speak here, and countless languages in countless worlds, and it is spoken, by way of mantra, by infinite Buddhas, and long after the bones of your children's children's children's children will be not even dust, Ksitigarbha will be gently roaming the hells, saving your children, while the sound of mantra resounds abundantly everywhere.

edit on 2-1-2016 by Fevrier because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2016 by Fevrier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That is exactly how confession works. You need to want to be absolved of your sins after you commit them. It requires contrition, disclosure and penance.

Then you can go out and do it all over again.

No its completely different. Confession in Buddhism does nothing. There is different thoughts from different schools but I believe forgiveness must be earned. So if I killed a person from anger the only way I can reverse that bad karma is to save a great many more lives from certain death. In doing so I will not return in my next life as a person killed by another angry person (a replay of my former life in reverse), I will return as a person that has the good fortune of being saved by another good person. So I look the act of bad karma as hurting no-one but ourselves which is the only way the law of karma can really work.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Thank you for the time and effort put into your reply, much to consider and hope for glimpses of "hmmm" moments

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Why would anyone want a silent mind? Is it troublesome?
Who does the mind bother??

Seek the one that the mind bothers and it will all be over!!

Seeking to silence the mind is what is making all the unwanted noise. The mind is full of wanting to get rid of something (or full of wanting to get something) - that is the conflict. If there is noise then there is noise - if there is silence then that, is what there is.
How can peace be, if there is conflict?

What there is is what there is but the mind wants something other - it is looking for something which is not - this is conflict - this is why there is no harmony.

At the end of the day words are part of life and they happen - thought will not stop just because you want it to. It could happen that it is realized that thought literately just happens - that no one is doing thought and thought is not speaking about anyone.
Everything is just happening.
The idea that thought is 'my' thought, that I am doing thought, happens. But when it is found that thought and everything is just simply happening - then and only then will 'you' be free - and everything else will be freed also.

edit on 3-1-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
To everyone reading my threads, what Itisnowagain posts is not evil or anything, and it is ok in a grandma sort of way, like those two women in the video he posted, I'm sure it can help some people in his life and at the grocery store and so on, like I said, it's not evil, but from a point of view of real spiritual practice, it is shallow and deluded in many ways.

Also quite clingy. He keep sharing his incomplete view over and over again. A post ago he was saying it's impossible to stop thoughts, which is false (and I don't even talk about stopping thoughts as a main method or anything), now he's droning on about his stuff again.

Anyway, to those actually reading my threads, pay no attention to this guy.
edit on 3-1-2016 by Fevrier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
No its completely different. Confession in Buddhism does nothing. There is different thoughts from different schools but I believe forgiveness must be earned. So if I killed a person from anger the only way I can reverse that bad karma is to save a great many more lives from certain death.

Same premise, you can 'undo' the bad you did by some future act. Guess what? The person you killed is still quite dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join