It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ksitigarbha, Majestic Earth King of Vajra Freedom

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
That or you are just using ATS to generate hits for your website that it normally wouldn't get.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I dont see why you are resisting me, its the same idea as accepting Jesus on your deathbed.

I got my backups.

It makes me wonder if instead of Constantine accepting Jesus on his death bed he just simply waved his hands as Emperor and erased all of the bad away that he did so we would not have ended up with the Roman Catholic Church.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fevrier
a reply to: Lysergic

No, seems like I don't give a # about helping every funny a-hole.

Those who understand understand.

The rest can make jesus jokes about being horrible.

Like, I said, good luck.

It's ok, I require not luck nor help.

I just laugh when self proclaimed enlightened people come a long, and yet, can't control their emotions when called upon their BS.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I just laugh when self proclaimed enlightened people come a long, and yet, can't control their emotions when called upon their BS.

The sad part it really did not take much, just a few skeptical questions and he goes full potty mouth.

I do not see how that makes you enlightened if when someone questions your stance you cannot control yourself or explain why your system is any better/different than the other example being presented.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Tends to happen when they expect back patting thread and do not get it.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

whoah guys, easy now.

not that I want to interrupt your mutual jerk-off session and your fanfare of low end funnies...

... but I generally use quite rough language.

this is nothing.

and I am not a fan of explaining/proving/supporting/evidencing things. I did a bit of it, I usually do a bit of it, as long as I consider it is positive.

and I'm still doing a bit of it now, elucidating the fact that, well, rough language, like all things, is just an aspect of Mind.

so you guys enjoy whatever it is you're doing there, seriously, enjoy.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

....and I am not a fan of explaining/proving/supporting/evidencing things.

Of course you are not, it would expose the load of hooey that this all is.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I can't stop watching that.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Fevrier

Don't sweat it dawg.

Just erase it later.

In the meantime, work on your dismissal attempt.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I don't know what you guys are getting so worked up about.
To argue about the karma one must know first what is he talking about. The problem is that the new age movement took the concept of karma, which exists for more than 2000 years in religions like buddhism or hinduism and used it in a very superficial form for their own made-up principle. And that is a real shame, because that's why most people associate karma with new age garbage.

There are many debate among various school of buddhism about what exact karma is, since is a very complex topic, but to put it simply karma is about cause and effect. Everything a person does, says or thinks will have a corresponding effect; it's common sense actually. If we plant rice we will get rice, and not roses.
In buddhist terms it means that everything we are and do, from the color of our eyes and hair to the circumstances of our life are the result of our karma. But let's not mistake karma for destiny, since all the causes of our karma are created by no other than ourselves.
It also means that we create new karma with every minute, with every new thought, word or action. So bottom line karma is also about self responsibility. When a person understands that it's own misery or happiness are created by himself he will naturally strive to improve them so he will experience a better karma.

Like I said karma is a very complex topic, but again to make it simple karma is not just hanging somewhere in the air waiting to fall on a person at the opportune moment, but is happening in one's own mind. And I don't mean the mundane mind used to count the days until weekend or counting the money in the bank, but "mind" in the buddhist point of view, the mind that is all we are.

So in fact if someone wants to purify it's karma (I'm not sure that "erasing" is a correct term) he should in fact purify his own mind. There are many ways, since there are many schools of mind in buddhism, and some of them include regretting the past deeds, performing the opposite actions and so on, as well as higher ways like specific meditations and mantras.
What the OP is presenting here is one of them, rooted in a very traditional and authentic school of buddhism. Is not new age and is not self proclaimed enlightenment. But unless you are somehow familiar with buddhist terms and methods I don't think you really have a pray at debating it or refuting it.

I just enjoy posts like this that are few and far between and I hope there are some of us who will find it useful, even if ATS doesn't seem the proper place for buddhist teachings.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

nice post.

Yes it is really weird seeing true knowledge at ats about spiritual stuff. It will get ridiculed and overlooked totally by majority on ats. Although various other stupid themes like evolution vs creationism gets all the attention. I ques people rather amuse themselves with pointless debates than reading something of value and maybe even learning a thing or two along the way.
Well I guess it is expected. on ATS there is popular belief that things such as karma, death, afterlife are unknown due to major influence of Christianity where such topics are not explained.

Well at least a few on ATS will appreciate the wisdom in your article OP. Thanks for your time and effort it was a most pleasant and informative read as are your other threads!

Do you think Milarepa did this method for his purification? I was just reading a lot about him lately. His story is amazing and his teaching also. But they are hard to understand.
www.quietmountain.org...

Also OP do you have any good book material or links about Mahamudra? Also what school if any do you belong to?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

Thank you for the post.

Erasing karma is indeed not a traditional term, but the Ksitigarbha practice is so powerful that it very much is like erasing karma.

However, in the initial post I didn't just say erase, I said erase and join the permanence and beauty aspect of the world.

And then the questions along the lines of can I erase my karma and still do bad things... well, then you haven't joined the permanence and beauty aspect, if it even occurs to you to do that then of course purification has not even begun.

So that's the thing, like I explained, erasing karma involves a complete change of mind essence and behavior, it's not just like wiping with a sponge. Or in a way, it is like wiping with a sponge, but what is revealed afterwards is not just a blank slate, but also qualities and virtues and powers.

And that's the permanence and beauty aspect.
edit on 13-12-2015 by Fevrier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

I can't find any information about Ksitigarbha and Milarepa.

It is hard to say, one on hard Ksitigarbha is not that popular in Tibet, on the other, they do think of the practice very highly there as well.

But there are many other mantras Milarepa could have used.

Anyway, Ksitigarbha is a great great practice for Mahamudra, since he works directly with stability and the sight element, and with liberating the five senses directly into Reality and into the five elements.

PM your email address and I'll send you my collection of Mahamudra texts.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Anyway, Ksitigarbha is a great great practice for Mahamudra, since he works directly with stability and the sight element, and with liberating the five senses directly into Reality and into the five elements.

If one realizes oneself as the seeing aspect, one will stabilize.
The seeing is ever present - all things come and go.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
"Lord of Heroes"? How did the OP come up with that one?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

If I'm not mistaken Milarepa used for purification a method practiced and known today as Ngondro, which is a complete method for liberation in itself.
As for Mahamudra you may want to look for references and instructions in the Vajrayana school, Kagyu lineage since is their main method.
one of their sites

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
thank you all for the help, I will check the info.
Also fevrier - I have send you an email. Please check your messages and send me the materials when you will have the time.

Also what would you advise someone about visualizations. How to initiate development in this aspect of meditation? I have troubles with visualizing just about anything - even very simple stuff like white background. Although sometimes I see a lot of different things with minds eye during meditations but when it comes to specific image I cannot visualize anything. What to do in this case?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity

Also what would you advise someone about visualizations. How to initiate development in this aspect of meditation? I have troubles with visualizing just about anything - even very simple stuff like white background. Although sometimes I see a lot of different things with minds eye during meditations but when it comes to specific image I cannot visualize anything. What to do in this case?

Why do you want to see something other than what is appearing? Can you explain what benefit there is to visualizations in meditation - if any?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

we have been over this a few times. What I wish to achieve in my life is knowledge of the real self. We are the same in that aspect but we have different views about how deep this knowledge about the real self goes.

Yours goes as far as all is one - true. But what is this one?
For you it seems, it is just "appearing" and "dream stuff" and more simple words which ordinary ego persona is easily satisfied with.

I say to that. No thanks. That is not complete knowledge. This is more similar to guessing based on maybe intuition or a few spiritual experiences. Cool if it works for you and ended your self inquiry. I am happy for you!

Read the songs which I posted of Milarepa. Some of his practice had to do with visualization.
I sincerely doubt you can understand them all in correct way. Please try to understand that some people have achieved much more than what you are saying should be the end of self inquiry and also there are people even today who would like to learn and achieve complete self knowledge.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join