It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singapore students build drone for people , personal flying machine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Not the jet pack I long dreamed about owning when was a kid but perhaps just as cool , the personal flying machine has taken its time to arrive but the dawning of a new era of personal freedom may be on the horizon with this solar powered drone for people built by researchers in Singapore , they say the flying machine is marketable and will probably go into production in the near future , why should GoPro cameras get all the fun !

I want mine in red.

edit on 12-12-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Cool video, and invention.

In the past several years here on ATS, there's been a number of different inventions of similar goals, however, I don't see these coming into the hands of civilians any time soon simply because there's such a conflict with legal flying air space, unfortunately. I would say that an automated system may be required before civilians can get their hands on a personal flying vehicle.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
THIS is our future. Finally. I'm loving it.!

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It's funny I had a talk with my brother in law about how technology is advancing so fast we might be able to fly personal drones. I told him it'd be cool if they made a drone backpack that would fly us. He said it would make people more lazier haha. Now this is what I never knew would happen.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'd love to get one of those to commute to work rather than having to take a combination of buses, trains and ferries.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

When I saw the title, I thought straight away is this what i think it is, if you got drones flying around, why not build drones big enough to carry people??

makes sense to me although I bet the costs to begin with wil be skyhigh unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

In fact, after watching the video, its just another one of these but without the fuel!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Have you ever heard of the WASP X Jet?

It's one of my favourite things ever, really wish I had one. It was nicknamed the "flying pulpit" because that is what it looks like.

It can go up to 10,000 feet.

Here's a shorter video:

So cool!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
got a new pc in March, and I don't know if its the problem or if other unknoown factors are. I get messages abou proxy settings, data unavailable and the like when I try to access the SL web pages..I get through, then things go down hill fast.. And I have yet to find a 3rd party viewer that does not crash, sometimes within minutes of signing in/on. CtrlAlt was fine for a while but not anymore, Claudio Loureiro Heads. Firestorm, SIngularity, BlackDragon andUKanDo went rogue too. I don't remember if I tried Kokua yet.. But until recently, things were going pretty much fine, if not flawless..Can anyone please help me with this matter? Thanks!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If FAA is cracking down on the small drones what do you think they will do with these large ones ?

top topics

join