It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three large silver or white jets flying together - not on flight tracker!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Saturday 12/12/15 I went outside and looked east in the morning sky. There were 3 large jets flying side by side. These jets were either silver or white and had 4 engines. The odd thing is I have never seen commercial airliners flying together like this. When I checked flight tracker the were NOT represented as being there at all!

These jets were flying at about 35,000 feet and traveling from East to West over Eastern Kentucky. Makes me wonder what the military or government is doing.

Any idea what they are doing? Could they be bringing Syrian refugees into the country in large numbers?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: wevebeenassimilated

Tankers and receiver, or tankers waiting for a receiver. A large receiver like a C-5 needs multiple tankers to get enough fuel to keep going. We frequently launched three tankers and spread the load out. One might be a flying spare, or they're carrying a partial load. They also won't necessarily show up on a tracker.
edit on 12/12/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The refueling tanker idea makes sense but I don't think that is what they are. I was in the U.S. Air Force (but a long time ago) and I think these are transports of some kind. It is really clear in the sky this morning and I can tell these 3 planes are exactly the same.

If you are West of me maybe you can see them as they come by.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Tankers are used as transports all the time. Almost half the Airlift done today is done by tankers simply because there aren't enough C-5s, or C-17s, and C-130s take longer to get there.

These could have also been the tankers for a fighter move. They haul crew chiefs, and the entire maintenance kit, including spares such as engines, when a fighter drag is going on. The tankers are from another base than the fighters. They could have been moving to meet them, as this time of year is big for fighter swaps from overseas units.

There are any number of missions besides Syrian refugees they're part of. One of the reasons the tanker replacement is so vital is because they're relying more and more on tankers for routine movements and cargo hauling than ever before.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I live over by Ft. Campbell and the past 6 months or so they have been flying different routes with different numbers and types of choppers than usual. used to be mainly chinooks now its blackhawks and apaches and i even say my first huey the other day.

I have heard chatter that they expect the next "hotspot of unrest" to be in Kentucky.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Could very well be. Thanks for your input.

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: wevebeenassi
milated

Tankers are used as transports all the time. Almost half the Airlift done today is done by tankers simply because there aren't enough C-5s, or C-17s, and C-130s take longer to get there.

These could have also been the tankers for a fighter move. They haul crew chiefs, and the entire maintenance kit, including spares such as engines, when a fighter drag is going on. The tankers are from another base than the fighters. They could have been moving to meet them, as this time of year is big for fighter swaps from overseas units.

There are any number of missions besides Syrian refugees they're part of. One of the reasons the tanker replacement is so vital is because they're relying more and more on tankers for routine movements and cargo hauling than ever before.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: benwyatt
If anybody is going to know it's zaphod. one of the last of the ATS old guard

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I had not heard about that. Probably would not come here to the sticks. Too many hillbillies with guns here!

Where could I find out more about the threat to Kentucky?

originally posted by: benwyatt

I live over by Ft. Campbell and the past 6 months or so they have been flying different routes with different numbers and types of choppers than usual. used to be mainly chinooks now its blackhawks and apaches and i even say my first huey the other day.

I have heard chatter that they expect the next "hotspot of unrest" to be in Kentucky.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I used to love from October/November until about March just because it was swap time. We'd have everything from F-16s, which only needed one tanker per 6 aircraft, to AV-8Bs, that needed a tanker for every two aircraft. It got really crowded when we'd get 8 or 12 of those damn things through.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
At 9 A.M. the sky was super clear. If there is anything else going over now I cannot see it. Clouds rolled in and we are completely covered now.

a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Depending on if they're coming from somewhere East of you, I'd say in the next 48 hours, probably 24, you'll see a large group of fighters go over if it clears off. They might be going from the West Coast though. They'll all meet up in California, get crew rest for the fighter pilots, then hop to Hickam for crew rest, then either Japan or Guam depending on where they're going. Then in about a week or so the same number of aircraft will reverse the trip and they'll head to their new home.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

If anybody is going to know it's zaphod. one of the last of the ATS old guard
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Said with pursed, moist lips and numerous squeaky sounds.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

I endorse this message.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I will let you know if I see them.

It is quite interesting watching all the aircraft passing overhead. We seem to be at the intersection of a couple intersecting air corridors.

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Depending on if they're coming from somewhere East of you, I'd say in the next 48 hours, probably 24, you'll see a large group of fighters go over if it clears off. They might be going from the West Coast though. They'll all meet up in California, get crew rest for the fighter pilots, then hop to Hickam for crew rest, then either Japan or Guam depending on where they're going. Then in about a week or so the same number of aircraft will reverse the trip and they'll head to their new home.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I checked for air shows in KY and found nothing. It was the first thing that came to mind to no avail. Interesting post, if you're still watching the sky have a camera ready!
S&F

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Will do. We are still watching but it is still cloudy here. We will watch for fighter jets tomorrow!

originally posted by: Staroth

I checked for air shows in KY and found nothing. It was the first thing that came to mind to no avail. Interesting post, if you're still watching the sky have a camera ready!
S&F

top topics

join