It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 year old suspended for saying Merry Christmas.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Anyone else read the rest of the "school" site?

Teacher Directory

Classroom time is very important. To limit interruptions to the teacher and students, phone numbers are not listed. If you would like to speak to a teacher, please call the front office and leave a message, or e-mail him or her to set up a time to speak. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Also, don’t waste our time with your baww stories like, “Oh little Timmy forgot his inhaler at home and might die.” It’s stuff like this that will toughen your kid up. By not acknowledging little Timmy, it will only make him and his lungs stronger, and soon he won’t need that inhaler. Or he’ll die, but at least you tried. Go Bulldogs!

Seems like this is an onion type site

edit on 12-12-2015 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Excuse me sir... but I am a proud atheist, and I find your Christmas wishes to be grossly offensive. Mods... Ban him!

Excuse me ma'am, but I AM an atheist (not 'proud' about it, but not ashamed, either.) WTF is a "proud" atheist, anyway??? Anyway, I AM a proud woman, not a "sir". I am extremely offended by your assumption that I am a man!

Mods! Ban this "ghostly" person, immediately! I'm scared of ghosts!

There is likely some propaganda incentive behind these stories... But regardless, it's probably much ado about nothing.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Only those who hold the politically correct, (or socially correct as Marx put it) viewpoints and cultural reference points are to be included; all else are to be ostracized if they express a viewpoint that isn't part of the socially correct adopted norm. Its all part of the Hegelian dialectic.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

By the way... The website this "news" clip came from is bogus...

The address will even hint at that. CBSnews.com.co

FAKE

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Yes. Both of those stories are fake. In fact there are a slew of fake stories which include this paul horner character and the west view elementary.

a reply to: StallionDuck

edit on 12-12-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
News web site is fake. Scroll all the way down and read it's disclaimer at the bottom.

School website is fake: look up the "contact" info for the street address, then go to Google Earth and look it up.

There is no school there. It's a music shop.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

Bugger.

Ah well - it was about time my righteous indignation was taken out for a dust off. I haven't used it for a while.

Happy Winterval everybody

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If someone said merry Christmas to me I'd say merry Christmas back to them.

If someone said happy kwanza to me I'd say happy kwanza back to them.

If someone said happy festivus to me I'd say the same back to them.

If someone said happy god is dead day to me I'd say happy God is dead day back to them.

This teacher needs to get his house rolled with Christmas tree lights and have a nativity scene thrown through their front w_indow.
edit on 12-12-2015 by NowWhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Hey, we should all get our righteous indignation out every day to keep it in good shape! You never know when you'll need it! LOL!

a reply to: NowWhat

You need to read the thread.

edit on 12/12/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

Im curious about how other atheists feel about this. Would you have caused a small innocent child to suffer a weeks punishment for saying Merry Christmas? (A week off school would have been a reward to me. lol) How about those of other faiths? Would you consider it viable to punish a child for wishing you a Merry Christmas, instead of what ever appropriate holiday well wishing required by your faith?.......

Hi misskat1

I would have said, "Merry Christmas Samantha, now take your seat so we can get started." "Now class today we are going to learn all about the Constitution, The Declaration of Independence and what it means to be free from a tyrannical king.".........

I'm not a theist of any kind, religion has zero effect in my life, I like it that way.
I do not identify with main stream atheists at all. If all the hype is true.
I know many here at ATS don't either, some might. It's like some have religion on the brain 24/7.
At least Christians save it for Sunday.

I do not personally revere Xmas. I do say "Merry Christmas" with a real smile. And I feel good saying it. Interesting that.
I admit, at the office, I might speak low, glance around, make sure I was not spotted by anyone who might get offended.

I reply in kind to the greeting given to me, you know, depending on the religion.
Hey as long as a religion does not need to kill me in the name of said religion, I don't give a rats.

.......If I had school aged kids, I would explore home schooling options. I think this is an attack on freedom of speech and there should be an outcry from Parents of all faiths to fire this teacher. He is teaching intolerance. There is no way to separate church and state in the mind of a child.

We home schooled our children, obviously not due to religion.
Many people don't know non-theist home school.

If the dipstick was preaching/teaching atheism in school yes replace him.
I mean, he must have been, he sure taught her a lesson.
It's not like he nicely reminded her about a rule, she gives him the middle finger and says FU and Merry Christmas mother F.
We have so many unemployed teachers needing work.

And what the hell is a "proud Atheist"? I think I missed the memo.
Oh, might mean not ashamed, I get that, but still on the schools website?
"Just a reminder: This is a Christmas-Free Zone – Happy Holidays!"

I am so glad my children are grown.
Oh My god! I am glad!

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: NowWhat
If someone said merry Christmas to me I'd say merry Christmas back to them.

If someone said happy kwanza to me I'd say happy kwanza back to them.

If someone said happy festivus to me I'd say the same back to them.

If someone said happy god is dead day to me I'd say happy God is dead day back to them.

This teacher needs to get his house rolled with Christmas tree lights and have a nativity scene thrown through their front w_indow.

Because violence is how you deal with things?

Even though this is a fake story, it still brings out the crazy christians to defend the alleged victim with threats of violence. I'm sure that is the purpose of these stories though. To get self righteous violent pricks to out themselves..... Because it works.

I looked up paul horner. He is actually the owner of the site "super official news" and writer of many hoax stories that have caught traction in the MSM. I actually think fake news sites that portray themselves as "real" news sites are a terrible injustice to the truth. The lesson is lost on most people. And those who uncover the hoax are just left with a feeling like buyers remorse.

I still think that religion should be kept out of public schools. As well as threats of violence. I am especially unnerved at the wishes of violence that have been left in the comments of this site and this thread. The overwhelming majority of which are espoused by the uber religious christians who partake in these discussions. I think threats and wishes of violence should win the offender an automatic account termination. Even though they can easily start a new account, the inconvenience and the loss of accumulated stats would deter most people from slinging such uncivilised comments.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I am utterly horrified that such an individual is even allowed in the same class as a group of small children, I would suggest the mother find a proper school which does not victimise children in order to impose or indoctrinate it's own ideology upon a child whom is so young and impressionable, I believe this will likely traumatise the youngster especially as it came from a trusted adult and is totally out of proportion to a well intended comment form a child, what a disgusting school.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
People, you need to read through threads before you comment.

Hoax website. Both the "News" site and the "School" site.

Closing thread for review.

Moved and reopened.
edit on Sat Dec 12 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Looks like a fake website designed to promote outrage among Christians.

I guess it is working.

:/

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
As sad as it is the we fell for a fake article... It's sadder that we live in a world where this was believed without hesitation. Every day a new reason to be offended and outraged.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Great catch on your part....there is something rotten in Denmark as they say. That old saying is offensive to someone Im sure.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1
I'm an atheist and I say Merry Christmas. Christmas is a holiday period DERIVED from Christianity for f.cks sake! In fact there is probably far more pagan and convenience stuff related to Christmas than Christian. Off the top of my head, non Christian Christmas stuff : Mistletoe, Holly, Snow!!!!, Santa Claus , Yuletide Log, Eating Turkey, Christmas tree, Christmas tree decorations, Christmas cake (eaten with Wensleydale cheese hmmmm a Yorkshire tradition), silver sixpences in Christmas pudding (very rare these days for obvious reasons).

That teacher is a moron. Even more moronic are those who made the decision to punish the child.....If this is true. It seems extreme so my suspicion is aroused.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
Looks like a fake website designed to promote outrage among Christians.

I guess it is working.

:/

clearly, yes. but WHY are people promoting this "war on christmas" outrage? does it cause people to buy more stuff? does it get people to watch more fox news? i don't get it. so far, the only behavior change i've noticed is it makes some highly susceptible people get pissed if u say "happy holidays" instead of merry christmas. which was a total non issue until this "war on christmas" bull# started. so i don't get it. what's their angle?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join