It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funky Bug...I think I Kicked It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I feel like I am in the rapid recovery stage of a case of the funky bug. About two weeks ago I started noticing that my eyes were all red and burning and my tear glands were working a little bit of overtime.
About three days ago I started dripping from the nose. Not snotty. Just tear-like fluid.
Yesterday afternoon my throat got a little scratchy and I started developing an annoying tickle-cough.
I woke up early in the morning coughing so hard I thought I was going to suffocate. Literally. To Death.
I took a dose of dextromethorphan which far exceeded the recommended dosage and drank whiskey until I fell into some solid sleep.
Now I am awake at 4 a.m. and feeling fit to run a marathon.
I rarely get sick. I have never experienced a bug that lingered so long in a mild stage and then just stomped the crap out of me so hard and fast. And then just, it would seem, instantly disappeared.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Sounds like the signs of death. You're supposed to get sicker when you heal, according to big pharma.

Are you sure you don't have malaise and the feeling of impending doom?

cant be healthy if you don't...

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Of course, I can only guess but that sounds as if you were exposed to something you were allergic to.

Can you remember if you ate anything unusual at the time or had something in the house that you don't normally have around?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
Of course, I can only guess but that sounds as if you were exposed to something you were allergic to.

Can you remember if you ate anything unusual at the time or had something in the house that you don't normally have around?

I did eat a burger from a fast=food joint to make my mom happy. She was obviously, unnecessarily, concerned that I was not eating enough, in her opinion. It seemed more like an allergic reaction than a virus, but it lasted for too long and the symptoms unfolded in an unusual way.
So far today I have eaten a bullfrog scrambled into an omellette. I feel tip-toe.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Glad you kicked it.

I recently got sick as a dog from smelling a few chloramine vapes when some dummy soaked an ammonia soaked blinds with bleach in my bedroom where I smoke cigarettes.

I couldnt eat or sleep, gagged puked and dry heaved and coughed my guts out for days. Chest hurt so bad i thought i was going to die. I'd have to huff and puff just to get enough oxygen it seemed like. Constantly taking deep ass breaths etc. Oh yeah, was getting mild shakes too? Wtf.

I didn't go to the hospital, didnt take cough medicine, i wanted the crap OUT of my lungs, not my lungs surpressed. So i just kept drinking milk, taking vitamins, taking tylonal for fever, and drinking beer to .. well .. im not sure if the beer helped or not lol, but it seemed like it helped clear the crap out of my system. It was so bad, i was even having trouble thinking and my vision would get mildly distorted at times.

Thank God im better now though. No health insurance anyways, so screw another bill.
edit on 12/12/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Once you are hit by the funky bug it never goes away, and why should it!

Yeah we all get sick from time to time, so what. But never lose the funk.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

I took a dose of dextromethorphan which far exceeded the recommended dosage and drank whiskey until I fell into some solid sleep.

I'm reading that as 'passed-out'. Hey if it works who am I to quibble....

top topics

join